TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:13:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Fairport by Fairport'  (Read 248791 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »

that is truly terrible!

Guilty as charged, your honour.   Embarrassed

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »

Email today:

Thank you for preordering Fairport by Fairport. We've been hard at work on the book and DVD documentary in preparation for publication later this month. Here's a taste of what we've been doing.

THE BOOK
The book is being printed at this very moment. It boasts a specially commissioned cover illustration, and is being produced with some of the finest papers and book cloth we have ever used. To see more of the production process, follow Rocket 88 on Facebook, where we will be posting images taken of the book as it rolls off the presses.

THE DVD
The documentary film that is only available with the book, and which features new candid contributions from all current band members, has finished post-production. You'll find a DVD of the film tucked inside the front cover of your book when it arrives. For a preview of it, take a look at the trailer on this website.

COMING SOON
The finished book will be making its way to you later this month. Since it may be some time since your preorder, please take this opportunity to check that the delivery address and information you have given us is correct. If you need to change your address, please use the link in your order confirmation email. If you have any queries, please do drop us an email.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »

Email today:

Thank you for preordering Fairport by Fairport. We've been hard at work on the book and DVD documentary in preparation for publication later this month. Here's a taste of what we've been doing.

THE BOOK
The book is being printed at this very moment. It boasts a specially commissioned cover illustration, and is being produced with some of the finest papers and book cloth we have ever used. To see more of the production process, follow Rocket 88 on Facebook, where we will be posting images taken of the book as it rolls off the presses.

THE DVD
The documentary film that is only available with the book, and which features new candid contributions from all current band members, has finished post-production. You'll find a DVD of the film tucked inside the front cover of your book when it arrives. For a preview of it, take a look at the trailer on this website.

COMING SOON
The finished book will be making its way to you later this month. Since it may be some time since your preorder, please take this opportunity to check that the delivery address and information you have given us is correct. If you need to change your address, please use the link in your order confirmation email. If you have any queries, please do drop us an email.

Got my email today too,I have to admit I am usually averse to these things especially when they start going on about the quality of the paper and the cover , but am still looking forward to it.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »

Email today:

THE BOOK

THE DVD

COMING SOON

Got my email today too,I have to admit I am usually averse to these things especially when they start going on about the quality of the paper and the cover , but am still looking forward to it.

My thoughts exactly!...The description initially brought to mind those ads on the back cover of the TV Times for "limited edition" commemorative plates and similar tat... Undecided  Embarrassed...But no!...I'm sure it will be terrific and a quality book...I can't wait for mine to arrive!... Smiley
Staffan
Swedes stun easily
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Skärhamn, Sweden

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 12:23:40 AM »

Email today:

THE BOOK

THE DVD

COMING SOON

My thoughts exactly!...The description initially brought to mind those ads on the back cover of the TV Times for "limited edition" commemorative plates and similar tat... Undecided  Embarrassed...But no!...I'm sure it will be terrific and a quality book...I can't wait for mine to arrive!... Smiley

I have to admit that when ordering, I just hoped it wouldn't be a compilation of old facts and photos, today I am beginning to feel an excitement about a unique -fat - book, presented in the best possible way.  I have a soft spot for "the finest papers and book cloth".
My hope is that this is going to be great!

" -Just a roll, just a roll..."

" -I was 16 now and full of life..."
Paul Mutum
n3wb

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 12:44:07 PM »

Congratulations to everyone who has 'ordered' the book - I shall do likewise.

Here is a light hearted challenge to anyone who 'pre-ordered' as some have.    Do you know what on earth that means or why we as a society have allowed that piece of meaningless 'Amazon' speak to creep onto our english language?

Paul
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 01:21:56 PM »

Paul I shall read this when i pre get up.
Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »

Here is a light hearted challenge to anyone who 'pre-ordered' as some have.    Do you know what on earth that means or why we as a society have allowed that piece of meaningless 'Amazon' speak to creep onto our english language?

Paul

While I'm as keen as the next man to protest whenever violence is done to the English language, I don't see any big problem here. Amazon use "pre-order" to mean "order pre-publication" (as opposed to order from stock). Ugly, perhaps, but not a hanging offence.

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
NeilMcLaughlin

Loc: Ohio

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »

Paul

I didn't order this, pre- or otherwise, but I do think the term pre-order does serve the
Purpose of indicating one has ordered something before it exists as a physical
entity.  It changes not the nature of ordering, it speaks to temporal physical
existence of that which is being ordered.  It serves purpose for those who want to
have indication that a market exists for a product which doesn't.  Unfortunately,
sometimes the pre-ordered item never materializes, but when it does, it will either
live up to or fail to meet the expectations of consumers who have taken a leap of
faith that were said item to physically exist, they would like it in hand as soon as
possible.

Is it too late to change the way we're bound to go?
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: West Sussex

Otis tarda - a slow bird but a great bustard

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »

Oops. How did that happen ... I appear to have ordered it too.  Grin  Roll Eyes
Himself says it can be my Christmas present from him   Fez  but I can't have it until Christmas.  Sad
(Hmmm - How do I stop him from reading it first?!!)

"And dreams let you down; they just let you down,
But they never leave you..."
Paul Mutum
n3wb

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »

Very good responses - thanks.      It is certainly not worth dying in a ditch over (whatever that means as well) but if you go on a web site and ask a company to send you something and pay for it - then whether it has been released for sale or not or whether it is finished or not matters little - you have ordered it.

I am looking forward to what Dave says when he has finished 'pre getting up' and gets up.

A minor point maybe but with the winter tour a long way off and being at work, and it's raining, I need some sort of fairly pointless arguement to keep me amused, whilst I eat a sandwich waiting for my next appt to arrive in the building.

The book looks looks good though,

Paul

Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »

Oops. How did that happen ... I appear to have ordered it too.  Grin  Roll Eyes
Himself says it can be my Christmas present from him   Fez  but I can't have it until Christmas.  Sad
(Hmmm - How do I stop him from reading it first?!!)

Head the postman off at the pass!

No Left Turn Unstoned
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

Well I swore I'd never buy another book, but I just been and went and dun it. Xmas is my excuse. Smiley
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »

Well I swore I'd never buy another book

You did?  Why?  Kindle?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »

You did?  Why?  Kindle?

Jules

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Nooooooooooooooo ( a thousand times no!!)  get the book, treasure it, let it be well read, passed around and down (Like the Bible well it will be Good News Fairport version) Your children and your childrens children will marvel at juxtapositions that make Fairport the band we love...........
macademis
a hard anger innovator
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »

Looking forward to browsing the Gideon version next time I stop over at an hotel

No such thing as good or bad music, just music you like and music you like less.
macademis
a hard anger innovator
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »

Paul

Maart has more adequately expressed it than our friends at Amazon: "My new album Chilli Morning is now being manufactured and I am taking pre-sale orders on my website...."

No such thing as good or bad music, just music you like and music you like less.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 12:34:15 PM »

Paul

Maart has more adequately expressed it than our friends at Amazon: "My new album Chilli Morning is now being manufactured and I am taking pre-sale orders on my website...."

Harumph.  The words 'pre-sale' are entirely superfluous.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »

You did?  Why?  Kindle?

Jules

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Nooooooooooooooo ( a thousand times no!!)  get the book, treasure it, let it be well read, passed around and down (Like the Bible well it will be Good News Fairport version) Your children and your childrens children will marvel at juxtapositions that make Fairport the band we love...........

I swore off book buying for reasons of space just a few years ago. But this one's an exception - it is indeed one to have and hold. Kindle? Ye work of ye Deville. Shocked  
Kurt

Loc: New Castle , Colorado

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2012, 06:01:49 AM »

Hopefully this book will restore my faith in the pre-order process. The last time I pre-ordered something that I saw mentioned on the Talk-Awhile forum, I got stiffed for 150 bucks.... Angry

City lights don't shine,they glare
and your music doesn't speak,it swears
and in your streets,the ghosts have forgotten why they're there

Lindisfarne-City Song
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: