TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Exceptions on eBay  (Read 3414 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: March 18, 2007, 02:57:27 PM »

A rare early appearance by Mr Pegg (and Roger Hill).  Book price on the basic single is 40 quid so this acetate must be 'worth' more.  In any case, cheapest reserve on eBay is 50 quid so you'll have to offer at least that much to find out.  I wonder if Peggy has a copy?

http://tinyurl.com/ywutbh

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »

This is the single that they tried to buy into the charts. Bobby Hill Rogers brother toured the shops buying the single by the box full. Unfortunately that very week MM and NME had been made aware of stings taking place intended to influence sales figures so that weeks retail figures were ignored and experts called in to estimate chart positions. Bobby Hill was left out of pocket! Shocked
Peggy left the band in 1967 to join The way of life with an up and comming young drummer called John Bonham Wink His playing was so loud that often the band weren't re booked. Bonham saw the problem not as the drums being too loud but as the band being too quiet. Being a carpenter he designed and built his own speaker cabinets for the band. Covered with orange rexine and lime green speaker cloth they were much admired! Grin Grin Grin

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: