TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 16, 2024, 10:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 374791 times)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1640 on: May 13, 2024, 08:35:21 PM »

Is Al Stewart on the bill too?  I heard he was playing some concerts with America this year in the US.

I don't know - no opener has been identified yet. I also just found out that America is no longer a duo, as Gerry Beckley retired at the end of 2023. Dewey Bunnell is now the sole founder member. I'm disappointed, but Dewey wrote and sang "Tin Man," "Horse With No Name," "Sandman" and "Ventura Highway," so he's no slouch. He has every legal and moral right to call himself "America." Looking forward to it!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1641 on: Today at 09:45:12 AM »

Can't make tomorrow's (Fri 17th) sold out King Creosote gig in Liverpool (I've had to change things around due to a new consultant's appointment at the Christie) so have a single ticket available at cost price (£30).  It's a PDF ticket (for the original venue - it's now at the Tung - a fab venue just up past the Uni which Fairport played at a few months ago).  Drop me a line if you or anybody you know can use it.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1642 on: Today at 10:34:43 AM »

Off to see Ghosts, Werewolves & Countryfolk: the Songs & Stories Of Sabine Baring-Gould, tomorrow evening in Horbury, where Baring-Gould was a curate. The music is provided by Miranda Sykes & Jim Causley, with John Palmer narrating. Should be a fun night.

They are taking the show to various festivals & venues over the next few months. Jim Causley's website has the full list of dates.
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #1643 on: Today at 11:32:40 AM »

And booked for Miranda Sykes  at the Fleece in June 2nd - she's busy at the moment.

DW
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1644 on: Today at 01:58:52 PM »

I'm off to see Blair Dunlop tonight, at the Acapela, Pentyrch.  It's been a while since I saw him, so I'm looking forward to this.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: