TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:45:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming releases of interest  (Read 157018 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #560 on: Yesterday at 06:17:58 PM »

Sandy's daughter Georgia has posted on (the Sandy Denny page) Facebook that the "big" 19CD box set is to be (re-)released; Georgia will post more details in due course...

Damn. There goes my pension!  Grin

Jules

Ooof.  At the same time as the mega FC box, this is pure evil!  I'm delighted.

Incidentally, can you post the link please, because I can't find it.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #561 on: Yesterday at 08:01:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/SandyDennyOfficial

Georgia's comments re the box set are in the 2nd newest post

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #562 on: Yesterday at 09:09:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/SandyDennyOfficial

Georgia's comments re the box set are in the 2nd newest post

I don't know what I'm missing but I see this.

"April marked the anniversary of my mom's passing, and I shared a post with Carla to honor her memory on the other pages .
Hope you Enjoy what we Did
Love Georgia and Carla
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Ys3u4PqHG6d7hVDT/?mibextid=WC7FNe"

which then links to this:  

"Attention Sandy Denny Family and Friends
Today marks the 21st of April, a significant date as it is my mother, Sandy Denny's Day of Passing . Although I never had the privilege of knowing her, I am filled with gratitude and feel fortunate to have inherited the beautiful gift of her music. I am touched by the countless individuals who continue to honor and celebrate her life.
Being Sandy's daughter has not been an easy journey for me. The absence of her presence has often left me feeling desolate. However, my battle with cancer has granted me a new perspective on life. I now find solace in managing my mother's estate and the various projects associated with it. This work allows me to feel closer to her, especially as I delve into the creation of the new Sandy Denny album, "Songbird". Collaborating with the talented Carla Fuchs and other wonderful individuals on this project has brought me a profound sense of accomplishment and love.
On this special day, I humbly request that everyone light a candle and listen to your favorite Sandy Denny songs. Let us collectively honor, love, and respect her enduring legacy and the remarkable contributions she made to the world of music. Our goal is to preserve her flame and introduce her extraordinary talent to those who have yet to discover it.
In honor of this occasion, I have sketched a portrait of my mother alongside some poignant lyrics from "Full Moon", while Carla Fuchs has graciously created a beautiful cover of the same song. Your comments and respect are deeply appreciated.
Here is the link to Carla Fuchs version of my mum’s -Full moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFCd1HXnEc...
Enjoy
Thank you for joining me in commemorating the life and music of Sandy Denny.
All Our love Georgia ,Carla and the SD Team "

So I'm still not seeing anything about the box set....?  Can you cut and paste what Georgia wrote please?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #563 on: Today at 08:09:49 AM »

23h
Robert Beam
I wish they would re-release Sandy’s cd box sets, they are so expensive, but the music is so beautiful.
2d

Author
Sandy Denny
Robert Beam we are releasing the 19 CD box , it’s the big one. I will definitely post it on this page when I have more information
X
1d
Edited
Robert Beam
Sandy Denny , highly anticipating that one!, thank you 😊
1d

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #564 on: Today at 08:28:02 AM »

Robert Beam we are releasing the 19 CD box , it’s the big one. I will definitely post it on this page when I have more information
X

Thanks, Paul.  No idea why I couldn't see that but I couldn't.  I'll be really interested to see what price these go out at.  If it's literally identical to the previous release I'll definitely be in.  In the meantime I wonder if there will be a firesale of the existing copies for sale.  I actually know of someone who paid £850 for one only 7 months ago.  Ouch.

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #565 on: Today at 10:19:54 AM »

X

Thanks, Paul.  No idea why I couldn't see that but I couldn't.  I'll be really interested to see what price these go out at.  If it's literally identical to the previous release I'll definitely be in.  In the meantime I wonder if there will be a firesale of the existing copies for sale.  I actually know of someone who paid £850 for one only 7 months ago.  Ouch.

There's a still sealed one on Discogs for £150 less than that at the mo.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #566 on: Today at 10:28:23 AM »

X

There's a still sealed one on Discogs for £150 less than that at the mo.

There's also one for £1973.  I'm not sure what this proves (apart from the fact none of them will be selling to anybody who is aware of this news) Wink Grin

Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #567 on: Today at 11:17:37 AM »

I might go for it this time,  if they rectify the faults it was prone to last time- broken trays etc.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #568 on: Today at 11:22:16 AM »

How much was it the last time around ? (To almost quote a Sandy song)

Well I never did..
Peter Allen

« Reply #569 on: Today at 11:54:37 AM »

I bought a sealed copy from Amazon in July 2011 for £207 , so I'd assume the release price in 2010 was below that , someone will know

The production cost of a like for like reissue , depending on the volume being produced,could be stratospheric , given all the posters/ re-printed first piano receipt included first time
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #570 on: Today at 12:00:52 PM »

I bought a sealed copy from Amazon in July 2011 for £207 , so I'd assume the release price in 2010 was below that , someone will know

The production cost of a like for like reissue , depending on the volume being produced,could be stratospheric , given all the posters/ re-printed first piano receipt included first time

I seem to remember being told (by someone with very close links to AB who put it together) that every copy lost money...but don't take that as gospel.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: