Good Times of Old England Box Set
<< < (2/6) > >>
Andy:
Quote from: John From Austin on March 21, 2022, 02:55:40 PM

If Chrysalis is clearing out the vaults, I hope they do Robin Trower next.

He's a lovely bloke, but really, Bridge Of Sighs, was his only album that resonated with me.
Nick Reg:

I bought the box set 1973-1983 of his first 10 albums from Amazon a few months ago for about £25. It is now £180 !!
John From Austin:
Quote from: Nick Reg on March 21, 2022, 10:18:59 PM

I bought the box set 1973-1983 of his first 10 albums from Amazon a few months ago for about £25. It is now £180 !!

Oops, I missed that. It's sold out at Amazon U.S. and selling on the secondary market for $200. Can you tell whether it's been remastered? I've bought and sold his entire catalog multiple times (fool me once, fool me twice, fool me thrice...). Sorry for drifting off topic.
Nick Reg:
Quote from: John From Austin on March 21, 2022, 10:22:30 PM

Quote from: Nick Reg on March 21, 2022, 10:18:59 PM

Oops, I missed that. It's sold out at Amazon U.S. and selling on the secondary market for $200. Can you tell whether it's been remastered? I've bought and sold his entire catalog multiple times (fool me once, fool me twice, fool me thrice...). Sorry for drifting off topic.

Remastered at several different times, mostly about 10 years ago. No extra tracks and no live album.
quodlibet (Ian):
Quote from: Nick Reg on March 22, 2022, 09:59:03 AM

Remastered at several different times, mostly about 10 years ago. No extra tracks and no live album.
[/quote]

From the Steeleye fan site.

"The highlights are 2 new live shows - The long wished for 'Rainbow Theatre' (London) show from 1974 and the Boston Berklee Performance Centre (USA) from 1976. A 1982 concert from Adelaide, is also included. This has been available previously on the 1983 (Australian only) LP 'On Tour', and most of it had featured on the 'Gone to Australia' 2001 CD.

Further live highlights are 3 additional tracks from the 'Live at Last' concert, including 'The Victory', which has not been available live before.
There are two studio outtakes of previously unreleased tracks - 'Singing the Travels (1972) and Devil's Dream (1975).
In addition there are alternative 'takes' of various studio tracks including versions of 'New York Girls', with more Peter Sellers Goons 'voices' , Gaudete 'take 1'; Galtee Farmer; Bach Goes Limerick; The Drunkard and finally a couple of instrumentals ('Ups and Downs' and 'Bachelors Hall')"
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page