TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:08:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy Photos  (Read 139622 times)
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2005, 02:12:46 PM »

I have just found this info:
You can't make a profit from a picture of an individual "man off the street"
without the written permission of the sujbect in the form of a signed model release.Iif you don't have this  you would be breaking the law. If pictures are used in a way the subject is unhappy with the subject can sue. Shocked

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2005, 02:57:31 PM »

Someone has just looked over my shoulder and said that someone can't publish a photo of someone without their permission- infringement of human rights???Does anyone know if this this correct and what if BD Olly etc don't like their image being seen around the world- is there anything they could do. Roll Eyes

You can't make a profit from a picture of an individual "man off the street" without the written permission of the sujbect in the form of a signed model release.Iif you don't have this  you would be breaking the law.

Don't think it's breaking any law, but yes, the individual photographed does have rights for which compensation can be requested (in a civil court, if necessary) if the photographer makes money from a photo with them as the subject without written permission.

If it just appears on a website without your permission, you can insist that it be taken down if you so wish. There would be no compensation (assuming it's just a shot in a crowd like these are, and nothing more incriminating)

tony the roundhead
Concept Man
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Barford St M

The 17th century is when everything changes..

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2005, 03:25:56 PM »

I have just found this info:
You can't make a profit from a picture of an individual "man off the street"
without the written permission of the sujbect in the form of a signed model release.Iif you don't have this  you would be breaking the law. If pictures are used in a way the subject is unhappy with the subject can sue. Shocked
That is not correct. It is good practice for photographers to get signed permission from a subject for use when they take the shot. They should also make it clear what the photos is likely to be used for. I have a standard form I use all the time. But it is not a legal requirement. There has been a recent case in the West Country where a photo of a member of the public was used initially for a tourist brochure and then on train station posters. She complained (and was interviewed on Radio 4). The company removed the posters out of good will (and presumably bad publicity) but they were not legally obliged to do so.
If you couldn't sell photos without the permission of everybody in them you'd never get any crowd shots!   

..and you gotta be ready - so, ur banne coreff ma pliche!
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2005, 03:38:06 PM »

A lot of concert / festival tickets do have a term in the T&C's that advise of you being filmed / pgotographed & advisde that purchase of said ticket means you deem to give your consent.

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2005, 06:56:08 PM »

There is no legal redress if you are snapped in public. Some parts of the country frown upon pictures of children being taken - but again, if they're not in/on private premises, there's no legal problem.

I tend not to do lots of pictures of kids because a) misunderstandings do arise and b) I find adults more characterfull.

Several professional photographic mags are debating this right now because the Mayor of London has proposed making the taking of pictures on the streets of LOndon illegal. Total bosh and unworkable. Did you know that it's illegal to use a tripod in the bounds of the City of London already? You can use a monopod, however.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
leahdon (Donna)
Secret Fez Admirer

Loc: Gloucestershire

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2005, 07:17:38 PM »

Apologies for this being slightly off-topic, but I wasn't sure where to put this request.  (If any of the moderators want to move it to a more suitable area, please feel free)

This is probably only aimed at those of you who were/are members of the FC list, for reasons that will become apparent.

If anyone has photos of Steve Burgess (aka Budgie), please would you email them to me.  Those of you who know Budgie, should know why, but if not, I'll explain privately. If you're not sure if you know him, a photo of him can be found at: http://www.mcvax.org/jhma/fairport/cropredy2004/crop2004-Pages/Image166.html which was taken at Cropredy 2004.

Sorry for the interruption.

Donna

Cheers,

Donna
xx
roddie
n3wb

Loc: lierpool

a muffin man

« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2005, 02:02:29 PM »

some very nice shots posted so far !

for anyone interested, there is a short report/dairy, with pics and video, from the muffin men at

www.oldgreygoat.co.uk

included are some shots from the stage which include a few audience shots, you might be in there?

there is also a large video file of the last few minutes of the muffin men set, taken from stage rear, again, featuring a cast of thousands, but the file is a 20meg download - you have been warned

we are seeking any video footage that may have been shot of our set too!

x

girl, you thought he was a man, but he was a muffin
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2005, 03:07:04 PM »

Here's a few I shot..... Cheesy

Very happy to forward the full set - IM or email a reply to the email I've sent the oild goat. Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cocker Freeman
Young Salt
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Maldon, Essex

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2005, 05:37:43 PM »

Nice shot, Nuts! Lucky I was there to hold 'em up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Joss

Loc: Castle Cary, Somerset

« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2005, 07:17:11 PM »

Of course, if anyone would like to buy approximately 274 photos selected from previous years Cropredys for a mere £15 which includes a donation to the Teenage Cancer Trust,  please visit my website and order from there, or there are some shops listed  which still have a few copies.

I'm delighted to be able to say that my book 'Festival Folk' sold very well at Cropredy, but there are still copies left from the limited print run of 1500. I have absolutely no intention of re-printing, so these will be (hopefully!) treasured collectors items one day !! Please buy now while you still can !!!

Cheers
Joss (please Mr Moderator, excuse my shameless plugging!)
Goaty
Ewen the Navigator
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Son of a Nun

« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2005, 07:34:21 PM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again  Grin  This publication is A) fantastic in its own right and B) snags virgins like you wouldn't believe and C) limited to only 1500  Huh  Undecided. (No, I don't know Joss  Wink )

On cold winters nights, with no festivals in sight, a leaf through Festival Folk will bring a glow to your soul and a smile to your lips  Smiley

Heck, if you buy it and regret it, send it to me and *I'll* refund your money  Roll Eyes

E. (Please Mr Moderator, excuse my shameless honesty!)

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution, I could be an inmate in a long-term institution ...
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2005, 07:38:40 PM »

Only if you let me see that photo you of me, Chris Pegg & our Jude.....

Oooeerrr missus.

Joss

« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2005, 07:46:40 PM »

Collecting it tomorrow - fingers crossed!!
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2005, 09:16:04 PM »

Only if you let me see that photo you of me, Chris Pegg & our Jude.....

Oooeerrr missus.

oo-er indeed Chris! When was that? Can I see it too please Joss?!!

Jude

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Joss

« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2005, 09:21:45 PM »

For a small fee, Jude !!!!  Grin

(or for a larger fee I will withold it !!)

fees donated to Teenage Cancer Trust of course!
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2005, 09:31:23 PM »

For a small fee, Jude !!!!  Grin

(or for a larger fee I will withold it !!)

fees donated to Teenage Cancer Trust of course!

Aaaargh! Crikey! What? What was I doing?

Jude Shocked Shocked

Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2005, 09:35:06 PM »

Standing on my left foot?.....

And Chris was standing on my right.....

jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2005, 09:36:45 PM »

Standing on my left foot?.....

And Chris was standing on my right.....

Oh yes I remember now. Really strange thing to do wasn't it? Grin

Jude Cheesy

Edthefolkie
The relish on the baguette

Loc: East Midlands, UK

Sir John gives me guidance

« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2005, 06:20:31 PM »

"Festival Folk" is absolutely BRILL. Well done Joss. And all for charity too - bought mine on Sat.

Could something charitably similar be done with older photos from Cropredy? You must all have BILLIONS. For instance I took quite a few slides at "Farewell Farewell Fairport" in 1979, and several in subsequent years - notably a murky but at the same time revealing  Shocked shot of Professor Bruce Lacey and partner in 1982 (if you were there you'll remember, Ohmigawd). And one of Linda Thompson - rare or what?   

And others must have lots of shots of audience and bands - what for instance about Don "the Indian" at the bar? Roy Wood's big band with the ladies in hot pants (ooer)? Muzsikas? Filarfolket? Heather Wood? Peggy's various beards? Simon without one?

I know the objection to using old slides was that one's irreplaceable shots would disappear or be crunched but one can now either scan 'em oneself or get a competent processor to do it, then they could go onto CD-ROM.

Maybe I should have IM'ed Joss? Has anybody any experience in book publishing?

Cheers - Ed 

Sorry dear, Rabelais' off
Mrs Skirky

Loc: Ipswich

"She's no better than she should be...."

« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2005, 07:03:30 PM »

Nice shot, Nuts! Lucky I was there to hold 'em up.

Yes, yes that's the man I was drinking with at the bar, such a knowledgeable chap. He tell you anything you wanna know about the Kooooiiiiisserrr Cheifs - most enlightening  Grin

"Now, I ain't sayin' she's a golddigga..."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: