TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:53:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363577 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1540 on: February 25, 2024, 10:49:45 AM »

Well, this (Robin and Bina Williamson in London) might just be the most excited I've been about a gig in aeons.  Apparently he's not 'just' a retired musician and painter.  First gig announcement since 2019.  Whoop and indeed whoop.

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/611442/#tickets

Yes I saw this on Facebook.   Surprised me too.  Is it a one-off?

As far as anybody is currently aware.  I have a ticket anyway, although God alone knows what will be going on for either myself or Robin in 7 months times.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1541 on: February 26, 2024, 11:00:31 AM »

Well, this (Robin and Bina Williamson in London) might just be the most excited I've been about a gig in aeons.  Apparently he's not 'just' a retired musician and painter.  First gig announcement since 2019.  Whoop and indeed whoop.

As far as anybody is currently aware.  I have a ticket anyway, although God alone knows what will be going on for either myself or Robin in 7 months times.

I  envy you -  I haven't seen Robin live since 2014.   Always enjoyed his performances.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1542 on: February 26, 2024, 12:05:42 PM »

I  envy you -  I haven't seen Robin live since 2014.   Always enjoyed his performances.

I've not seen him since 2010 - when he was playing with John Renbourn.  Great gig but he wasn't looking good (and neither was John).  I've missed the thin post-booze years entirely!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1543 on: February 26, 2024, 12:36:05 PM »

I've not seen him since 2010 - when he was playing with John Renbourn.  Great gig but he wasn't looking good (and neither was John).  I've missed the thin post-booze years entirely!

Robin was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes some years ago- i can't remember when. That might account for the marked physical change, though just the ageing we all go through is there too.
 I just remembered I saw him live just 6 years ago, which is after 2014.  A female friend who i went with remarked on how he'd aged, and what a handsome man he used to be.  
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #1544 on: February 26, 2024, 02:02:37 PM »

I’ve got my grubby mitts on Churchfitters tickets at Market Rasen Saturday. I’m under starters orders already

You are what you eat !!!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1545 on: February 26, 2024, 02:19:40 PM »

Robin was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes some years ago- i can't remember when. That might account for the marked physical change, though just the ageing we all go through is there too.
 I just remembered I saw him live just 6 years ago, which is after 2014.  A female friend who i went with remarked on how he'd aged, and what a handsome man he used to be.  

Personally, I think - after a couple of challenging decades - Robin has looked great since he stopped the booze and lost all that weight about 2011-13 or so.  He's 80 though.  Age waits for no man...

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1546 on: February 26, 2024, 06:10:22 PM »

Personally, I think - after a couple of challenging decades - Robin has looked great since he stopped the booze and lost all that weight about 2011-13 or so.  He's 80 though.  Age waits for no man...
Saw him a few years ago with his wife, very doddery , a bit like Joe Biden!

Gigs are being booked thick and fast at the moment , much more than last year. Recently seen FC and Martyn Joseph and have booked. Richard Thompson, The Simon & Garfunkel Experience, Jason Isbell , Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets and two helpings of Merry Hell (I'll get that pint Damian owes me if it kills me!). Also used Mrs Regs Christmas vouchers at the RSC in Stratford. Busy times. And theres a Honey Ryder gig to be booked too.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1547 on: February 26, 2024, 08:33:00 PM »

This will mean nothing to almost anybody, but a few people around the country will be massively excited by the news that the Rev Army are back.  Launch gig for a new album in June, and with my Aussie mate, Adam (Trappist Afterland) in tow.  It's going to be a corker....

https://www.liverpoolphil.com/whats-on/contemporary-music/the-revolutionary-army-of-the-infant-jesus/9040?fbclid=IwAR3N6IUpSZffyDbv5AZxy7N7-BSxjQFAqyEAWusATlev14EQlWt0zgFZlpE

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1548 on: February 27, 2024, 11:15:27 AM »

Show of Hands on Saturday on their farewell tour at Great Torrington, then Spiers and Boden in Exeter on the 13th

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1549 on: February 27, 2024, 07:58:40 PM »

I'm seeing SOH tomorrow at the Acapela, Pentyrch

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #1550 on: February 28, 2024, 11:54:41 AM »

Saw SoH last week at Red Lion Folk Club - you're in for a treat, they were superb, a real "folk club" type show.

Off to see Oysterband tonight and tomorrow - Decades tour - looking forward to this, hoping for a few rarely played gems from the distant past.
JohnP69

« Reply #1551 on: February 28, 2024, 05:03:39 PM »

Gong and Ozric Tentacles Lincoln Engine Shed March 18th
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #1552 on: February 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM »

Gong and Ozric Tentacles Lincoln Engine Shed March 18th

I played Prog Bingo with the bass player from Gong recently.

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1553 on: February 29, 2024, 10:47:46 AM »

What, dare I ask, are the rules of Prog Bingo?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1554 on: February 29, 2024, 11:53:32 AM »

Jules

Rule a) Don't tell the bass player in Gong that Gong are sh1te....  You're out already, Jules.

Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1555 on: February 29, 2024, 02:40:26 PM »

Rule a) Don't tell the bass player in Gong that Gong are sh1te....  You're out already, Jules.

I do have some diplomacy skills, David.

Jules

PJayBe

« Reply #1556 on: February 29, 2024, 05:02:25 PM »

Ian Prowse on Saturday in Barnoldswick, Fairport on Tuesday, Franck Carducci on Thursday and Joshua Burnell on the Saturday.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #1557 on: February 29, 2024, 11:37:07 PM »

Jules

Similar to regular bingo but with more flute, costumes, and odd time signatures.

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1558 on: March 01, 2024, 11:27:40 AM »

Similar to regular bingo but with more flute, costumes, and odd time signatures.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jules

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1559 on: March 01, 2024, 12:39:04 PM »

Sam Sweeney needs people to buy tickets for his gigs...especially in Brum...

* Capture.JPG (75.98 KB, 809x816 - viewed 161 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: