TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:35:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363448 times)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #1500 on: January 25, 2024, 11:31:53 AM »

£120, £132, £145.....£453....£760 (front row Platinum).......

Get 'em while they're hot.....they're lovely....

"Only a fool would say that" Wink

Turns out you CAN buy a thrill, but it'll cost ya.

Well I never did..
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1501 on: January 29, 2024, 05:49:44 PM »

February 2 - The Eagles / "Steely Dan" at the Moody Center, Austin!

I think this is highly likely to be my last go round with both bands. The shows have become pretty predictable, the ticket prices are astronomical, and the artists and this fan aren't getting any younger. Therefore, I'm going to go soak up the nostalgia for a few hours this Friday night.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1502 on: January 29, 2024, 06:16:19 PM »

I think this is highly likely to be my last go round with both bands. The shows have become pretty predictable, the ticket prices are astronomical, and the artists and this fan aren't getting any younger. Therefore, I'm going to go soak up the nostalgia for a few hours this Friday night.

It's like you've totally ignored your own middle sentence Wink Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1503 on: January 29, 2024, 07:19:09 PM »

It's like you've totally ignored your own middle sentence Wink Grin

I have a serious case of FOMO. I keep shelling out for fear it will be my last opportunity to see [insert artist name]. This has come to pass a few times (Brian Wilson retired, Tom Petty, John Prine, etc.), which reinforces my condition and causes me to hit the "purchase" button. I'm still smarting about that 1980 Robin Trower/James Dewar concert for which I had tickets that my father took away.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1504 on: January 30, 2024, 10:09:05 AM »

I'm seriously considering the Big Country/Icicle Works concert in Bristol on 9th Feb, despite it being a 2 hour each way drive (possibly I could arrange an overnight with my brother-in-law after the concert if all things fall into place).

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1505 on: January 30, 2024, 12:18:28 PM »

I'm seriously considering the Big Country/Icicle Works concert in Bristol on 9th Feb, despite it being a 2 hour each way drive (possibly I could arrange an overnight with my brother-in-law after the concert if all things fall into place).

We'd go to the Liverpool one if we weren't going to a gig the night before. The Icicle Works is "just" a duo version but an interesting one as it's the first time Chris Layhe has been involved in a quarter of a century.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1506 on: January 30, 2024, 04:00:18 PM »

We'd go to the Liverpool one if we weren't going to a gig the night before. The Icicle Works is "just" a duo version but an interesting one as it's the first time Chris Layhe has been involved in a quarter of a century.

That's what I saw, which made me think I should take the opportunity (having missed out on seeing them live at all them back in the day).

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1507 on: January 30, 2024, 08:52:15 PM »

That's what I saw, which made me think I should take the opportunity (having missed out on seeing them live at all them back in the day).

From Ian on X re the tour:We will be performing a 45 minute set acoustically (this does not mean quiet), playing our most popular tunes from 1983 - 1988.
Hope to meet friends old and new!
Ian & Chris X

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1508 on: January 31, 2024, 08:25:27 AM »

Well, I have bitten the bullet, so will report back in due course!

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #1509 on: January 31, 2024, 08:56:56 AM »

Chris has guested with Ian on the odd occasion as this video shows. Here they are swapping instruments for an acoustic Understanding Jane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoaUIIA9CZg&ab_channel=IcicleWorker

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1510 on: February 02, 2024, 09:45:36 AM »

Just got Grand Circle front row tickets for Mick Head at the Liverpool Phil' just before Chrimbo which I'm buzzing about (inshallah).

Next one on the agenda is Stornoway in a fortnight and I'm currently toying with Steve Ignorant (so to speak).

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1511 on: February 05, 2024, 02:27:43 PM »

Oyster Band/Oysterband announce on social media they are coming to an end.  A long goodbye though so at least a year, I think...I'm sure more info will be available...

Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #1512 on: February 05, 2024, 06:43:29 PM »

Inevitable, but still sad news. My favourite and most watched band for nearly 40 years.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1513 on: February 06, 2024, 05:32:33 PM »

The Decemberists are back in the UK but hopefully not just for this one megagig...

* 423247591_908238024007110_5274220052807332808_n.jpg (733.39 KB, 1448x2048 - viewed 206 times.)

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1514 on: February 06, 2024, 05:53:13 PM »

The Decemberists are back in the UK but hopefully not just for this one megagig...

That's a pretty enticing lineup, mind.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1515 on: February 06, 2024, 05:56:10 PM »

That's a pretty enticing lineup, mind.

Jules

It's wonderful, isn't it?  If I wasn't at Krankenhaus I'd be there like a shot.  I'm hoping I'll still get the chance to see Decemberists again, and that one or two of the lineup (YLT and Fannies especially) might make it to West Cumbria on another day that weekend.

bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1516 on: February 07, 2024, 07:41:19 AM »

I'm going to see Heart in July.
I'm actually excited, rather than looking forward to this one, which I haven't felt since the Kate Bush show, which was - gulp - a looooong time ago now.
Ann Wilson's voice caressing my ears in person for the first time being the reason.

(the most expensive tickets for this one are the same as the cheapest for the Eagles.)

Plus - Squeeze as support.  

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1517 on: February 07, 2024, 08:37:15 AM »

I'm actually excited, rather than looking forward to this one, which I haven't felt since the Kate Bush show, which was - gulp - a looooong time ago now.
Ann Wilson's voice caressing my ears in person for the first time being the reason.

(the most expensive tickets for this one are the same as the cheapest for the Eagles.)

Where are you going, Mike?  Any chance of a Plant walk on for Stairway? Wink Grin  I've always had Heart down as a bit of a guilty secret.  Good band.  Nice they've managed to get back together on the stage again...

bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1518 on: February 07, 2024, 08:42:18 AM »

Where are you going, Mike?  Any chance of a Plant walk on for Stairway? Wink Grin  I've always had Heart down as a bit of a guilty secret.  Good band.  Nice they've managed to get back together on the stage again...

NIA, or whatever it's called this week, Birmingham. Tix went on sale in the middle of last week. Planty would not be beyond the realms, would he ? Ann can do those Zep numbers no problem though, as you will be aware. That'll do for me.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1519 on: February 07, 2024, 08:55:47 AM »

NIA, or whatever it's called this week, Birmingham. Tix went on sale in the middle of last week. Planty would not be beyond the realms, would he ? Ann can do those Zep numbers no problem though, as you will be aware. That'll do for me.

I think StH is the regular encore at the moment, isn't it?  And there's that video of all of Led Zep watching them do it a few years back...

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: