TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:14:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363568 times)
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #1460 on: December 19, 2023, 09:47:24 AM »

The Churchfitters at Hertford ... rarely been to a gig knowing so little about the band, but it seemed a nice thing to do pre--Christmas ...

I am a great fan of the Churchfitters - their xmas show is amazing prepare to be dazzled with innovation and fine musicianship.  
garrypbrooks

« Reply #1461 on: December 20, 2023, 08:49:51 AM »

I'll second that. The Churchfitters are hugely entertaining, and different every gig.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #1462 on: December 20, 2023, 08:51:45 AM »

Not a gig, but "the world premiere production of a new play – a mixture of words, rock ‘n roll, and quotes from the man himself – tells the amazing, uplifting true story of Wilko, the Canvey Island legend" at Hornchurch, Essex in February

Details at:

https://www.queens-theatre.co.uk/whatson/wilko/
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1463 on: December 20, 2023, 08:55:51 AM »

Not a gig, but "the world premiere production of a new play – a mixture of words, rock ‘n roll, and quotes from the man himself – tells the amazing, uplifting true story of Wilko, the Canvey Island legend" at Hornchurch, Essex in February

Details at:

https://www.queens-theatre.co.uk/whatson/wilko/

Interesting...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1464 on: December 20, 2023, 09:35:24 AM »

15th Feb 2024 at DEYA brewery taproom in Cheltenham - Soft Machine (John Etheridge, Theo Travis, Fred T Baker, & Asaf Sirkis). A snip at £22.

John E has collaborated with Ric Sanders, and Ric & Fred T have recorded with Vikki Clayton, so there's FC links too.

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1465 on: December 20, 2023, 09:36:53 AM »

15th Feb 2024 at DEYA brewery taproom in Cheltenham - Soft Machine (John Etheridge, Theo Travis, Fred T Baker, & Asaf Sirkis). A snip at £22.

John E has collaborated with Ric Sanders, and Ric & Fred T have recorded with Vikki Clayton, so there's FC links too.

It's sad that it's "just" John now, but all the reviews I've read and heard have been glowing.  Enjoy.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #1466 on: December 20, 2023, 12:25:55 PM »

It's sad that it's "just" John now, but all the reviews I've read and heard have been glowing.  Enjoy.

I saw this line-up earlier this year - definitely worth it if you like the Bundles/Softs era.
Peter Allen

« Reply #1467 on: December 22, 2023, 09:45:00 AM »

Henry Parker and Katie Spencer in Hull tonight , at Wrecking Ball , to round the year off
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #1468 on: December 23, 2023, 09:27:05 AM »

Well, you were clearly right, Gary, the Churchfitters last night were definitely "hugely entertaining". In fact, having "brought forward" our intention to see them in the New Year by seeing their "Christmas Cracker" at Hertford instead, we now think that we'll see them, as originally intended, at Hitchin FC in March, so as to catch their "ordinary show  Smiley
PJayBe

« Reply #1469 on: January 09, 2024, 10:21:41 AM »

Good week or so coming up :

Tonight Ian McNabb - Barnoldswick
Tomorrow Ian Prowse - Liverpool (his 60th birthday bash)
Thursday Nigel Clarke (Dodgy) - Barnoldswick
Next Wednesday - Houghton Weavers - Over Hulton
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1470 on: January 11, 2024, 05:57:49 PM »

Just booked - Ringo Starr's All-Star Band, ACL Live, June 9, 2024!

The current band includes Steve Lukather, Colin Hay, Edgar Winter, Greg Bissonette and Hamish Stuart. I saw the previous band two or three times (add Gregg Rolie, Todd Rundgren and the bassist from Mister Mister, subtract Colin, Edgar and Hamish). I'm really looking forward to this version, and I cannot imagine Ringo will visit Austin again after this go round. Although I predict Paul McCartney will headline at the Moody Center within the next couple of years, because the man is indefatigable.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1471 on: January 12, 2024, 10:14:24 AM »

Colin Hay is brilliant on his todd, let alone the others in that band.

All-Star indeed!

*Envy*

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1472 on: January 19, 2024, 02:13:37 PM »

I'm off to The Acapela in Pentyrch (near Cardiff) tomorrow night, to see the wonderful Martyn Joseph. It's been a while since I saw him live, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1473 on: January 19, 2024, 03:54:55 PM »

Tomorrow’ night - jazz fusion great Al Di Meola at the State Theatre!

A guitarist’s guitarist. Really looking forward to this!
Peter Allen

« Reply #1474 on: January 22, 2024, 09:53:56 AM »

I'm thinking of booking some tickets to see Kate Rusby on her spring tour

I haven't seen her for about 8 years , and that was a Christmas themed show , anyone have any more recent experience seeing her live ?

I always thought she was destined to break into more of a mainstream career , but that hasn't happened or have I missed it
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1475 on: January 22, 2024, 09:57:21 AM »

Just booked to see Spiers and Boden in Exeter in the middle of March. Still humming and haaing about Bellowhead at the end of the year - they will be wonderful but tickets are somewhere north of £40 (I know, that's less than £4 each, and that's just for the musicians, but even so...).

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1476 on: January 22, 2024, 04:19:13 PM »

Wednesday - Comedian Trevor Noah at Bass Concert Hall!

Sunday - The Doobie Brothers, featuring Michael McDonald, at the Moody Center! (The Moody Center holds 15,000 people, but they've closed the entire balcony section and the arena level looks to be sparsely populated. Donors are sitting at banquet tables on the floor, so I guess the concert is mainly for them. Nevertheless, I wish my town had purchased tickets in greater numbers for the boys. There's still time, but I don't think there will be a last-minute surge of ticket sales. Memo to Austinites - if you don't come to see these bands, they'll quit coming to play here.)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #1477 on: January 23, 2024, 11:53:12 AM »

Just had an e-mail announcing the Eagles dates.(One original Eagle, two replacement Eagles, two other blokes, one of whom is Son Of Eagle).
Steely Dan (or half of them) supporting.
No idea of prices (apart from not cheap.)
Presale tomorrow. 10.00.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1478 on: January 23, 2024, 12:08:56 PM »

Just had an e-mail announcing the Eagles dates.(One original Eagle, two replacement Eagles, two other blokes, one of whom is Son Of Eagle).
Presale tomorrow. 10.00.

That's literally my idea of the very worst concert ever conceived by anybody ever.  Please do remember to tell me how much the tickets are - I need a good laugh at the moment Wink Grin

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #1479 on: January 23, 2024, 12:26:10 PM »

Presale tomorrow. 10.00.

That's literally my idea of the very worst concert ever conceived by anybody ever.  Please do remember to tell me how much the tickets are - I need a good laugh at the moment Wink Grin

I love Steely Dan and I was happy to have a chance of seeing them live finally a few years ago, but Walter passed away between buying the ticket and the gig. The Eagles are not a big fave, I liked the Joe Walsh era the most, and he'll be there, but Timothy B Schmit no longer has his hair style. A big loss to music, like Scott Gorham's. So I'll pass.

Well I never did..
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: