TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363542 times)
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1420 on: November 06, 2023, 10:59:06 AM »

Just booked to see Martyn Joseph at The Plough, Great Torrington - nice little venue (about 200 seater) 20 minutes or so up the road from us. They do get a few folk and related type acts, but I have missed a lot of them for one reason or another lately.  Glad to be able to fit this one in before heading back to Africa for a trip shortly.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1421 on: November 10, 2023, 04:13:49 PM »

Seriously contemplating Peter Frampton at ACL Live Monday.

I received Frampton Comes Alive! as a gift when I was 14, and one of the first things I taught myself on guitar was "Do You Feel Like We Do?" I finally managed to see PF a couple of times in the past decade, and he does not disappoint. I also have a nifty photo with him from a few years back.

* Peter Frampton 2018-07-30 small.JPG (255.42 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 530 times.)
PJayBe

« Reply #1422 on: November 10, 2023, 07:23:10 PM »

Joshua Burnell tomorrow in Bury.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #1423 on: November 10, 2023, 08:33:26 PM »

This is the Kit, in about half an hour in a church in Reading

Then Jon B and Eliza doing some wassailling in Oxford tomorrow.

Busy weekend

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #1424 on: November 12, 2023, 01:27:05 PM »

Sadly due on health problems I didn't make it to Kendal to see Mikey Kenney last week but am hoping I'll be well enough for the Carrivick Sisters gig here in Lancaster on Friday.

Mikey is out on tour for the next few weeks and is going to be special guest at the Moulettes gig in Liverpool tonight. His London gig on Tuesday has been moved to a smaller venue due to poor advance ticket sales - he now plays Chat's Palace - and all the dates are on his website at https://mikeykenney.co.uk/concerts

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #1425 on: November 14, 2023, 10:46:36 AM »

Steeleye Span in Lytham tomorrow night. I've only seen them once before in the early 90s and I haven't really followed them since then, preferring their first few albums. I really enjoyed Wintersmith though, and the last two albums were fairly strong.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1426 on: November 14, 2023, 11:33:31 AM »

Steeleye Span in Lytham tomorrow night. I've only seen them once before in the early 90s and I haven't really followed them since then, preferring their first few albums. I really enjoyed Wintersmith though, and the last two albums were fairly strong.
Saw them last night. Brilliant.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #1427 on: November 14, 2023, 01:07:31 PM »

Saw them last night. Brilliant.

Good to hear, cheers!
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #1428 on: November 14, 2023, 02:49:45 PM »

Springsteen May Cardiff.. cant wait!

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1429 on: November 15, 2023, 09:23:23 AM »

I only really like Steeleye early stuff too but, but I saw them just a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the concert  
PJayBe

« Reply #1430 on: November 15, 2023, 03:34:41 PM »

Off to Chester on Friday for Ian Prowse & Amsterdam.  Maybe Suzi Quatro on Saturday and / or The Hot Damn! on Sunday.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1431 on: November 15, 2023, 04:42:12 PM »

Just booked, The Doobie Brothers at the Moody Center in Austin, January 2024!

This show came out of nowhere. It's a benefit for several local charities, so the floor is going to be occupied with banquet tables and overdressed former hippies/current tech bros. I'll be sitting with the fans in the arena section. We'll be Takin' it to the Streets and Rockin' Down the Highway, as we Listen to the Music don'tcha know?
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1432 on: November 16, 2023, 04:15:36 PM »

Just booked - Brian Setzer's Rockabilly Riot, February 2024, the Paramount Theater in Austin!

I'm excited about this one. I've never seen Brian Setzer. I did get to see Lee Rocker's Rockabilly Revival a few years ago in Dripping Springs, and I sat two rows in front of Slim Jim Phantom (and Britt Ekland) at a Doobie Brothers concert in 1987 at the Hollywood Bowl. This will complete my Stray Cats trifecta.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1433 on: November 17, 2023, 01:25:40 AM »

Off to see John Watterson aka Fake Thackeray Friday evening and really looking forward to it.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1434 on: November 17, 2023, 10:09:00 AM »

Not a music gig, but I'm seeing Ed Byrne tomorrow night. Two nice things about it - 1. I'll be accompanied by both my sons, which rarely happens. 2. It's so local I could walk there in 10 minutes.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1435 on: November 17, 2023, 10:57:47 AM »

Just booked for The National and This is the Kit in Manchester next Summer.  Sue's the big National fan (I like them a lot too) but excited about this and hopefully looking forward to a Kate guest spot with the headliners.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1436 on: November 17, 2023, 12:58:23 PM »

Lanterns On The Lake, this evening. Great band, particularly live, so I'm looking forward to it.
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #1437 on: November 17, 2023, 03:20:15 PM »

Not a music gig, but I'm seeing Ed Byrne tomorrow night. Two nice things about it - 1. I'll be accompanied by both my sons, which rarely happens. 2. It's so local I could walk there in 10 minutes.

Saw him last night in Lytham. Probably the best comedy gig I have been to since early Eddie Izzard. I cried with laughter for most of the evening and left feeling absolutely drained.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1438 on: November 18, 2023, 12:30:49 PM »

John Bramwell & The Full Harmonic Trio at Chester next April.  Been wanting to see them ever since John put them together...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1439 on: November 18, 2023, 10:27:43 PM »

Ed was always consistently funny on Mock the Week. I should go and see him too.

To be honest, I'm more inclined to go to a stand-up show than a music gig these days.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: