TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:48:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363436 times)
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #1400 on: October 20, 2023, 04:56:37 PM »

Ooooh Adam Ant, eh, David? I loved him when I was a young teen....Look forward to hearing about it, my sister saw him a few years back and enjoyed it.
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #1401 on: October 24, 2023, 09:47:31 AM »

Darts on Saturday.  A real blast from the past!

Is anybody original still involved?  Somebody on here used to be a big fan...maybe it was you?!

Yes, 3 of the original 4 vocalists still take the stage, along with some /most (not really sure off top of my head) of the backing band.

wow i saw them at my uni in 1982 i think it was

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #1402 on: October 24, 2023, 12:57:44 PM »

I've got 2 tickets for Oysterband at Stable in Milton Keynes tonight, that I am unable to use. Free to a good home, I can email them.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1403 on: October 25, 2023, 04:30:23 PM »

Austin City Limits Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, tomorrow night, ACL Live!

The inductees are Trisha Yearwood and the late John Prine. Celebrants include Don Henley, Ethan Hawke, John's son Tommy, and a number of musicians I've not heard of (presumably because they're country performers born after 1950).

Left off the list are: (1) Trisha Yearwood's husband, a young up-and-comer named Garth Brooks, and (2) John Prine's dear friend and champion, Bonnie Raitt (who may still be in the vicinity after two shows at ACL Live last weekend). Fingers crossed for a surprise appearance by one or both.
PJayBe

« Reply #1404 on: October 26, 2023, 04:40:59 PM »

The Rosie Hood Band at Otley on Saturday.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #1405 on: October 27, 2023, 09:24:52 AM »

The Hanging Stars at the Foxlowe Arts Centre in Leek tonight.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1406 on: October 27, 2023, 12:51:33 PM »

The Saw Doctors next July 😱😎

The Dude abides
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #1407 on: October 27, 2023, 02:06:31 PM »

May the good lord spare you til that time far in the future  Grin
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1408 on: October 27, 2023, 03:36:36 PM »

Austin City Limits Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, tomorrow night, ACL Live!

The inductees are Trisha Yearwood and the late John Prine. Celebrants include Don Henley, Ethan Hawke, John's son Tommy, and a number of musicians I've not heard of (presumably because they're country performers born after 1950).

Left off the list are: (1) Trisha Yearwood's husband, a young up-and-comer named Garth Brooks, and (2) John Prine's dear friend and champion, Bonnie Raitt (who may still be in the vicinity after two shows at ACL Live last weekend). Fingers crossed for a surprise appearance by one or both.

No surprise guests, but the show was great anyway. It should air on PBS in the U.S. later this year. Bartender who was plugged in to the event told us that Garth Brooks was present backstage, but did not want to steal the spotlight from his lovely wife. He appeared in a video tribute, instead.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1409 on: October 27, 2023, 05:33:41 PM »

This looks decent from The Magpie Arc

Copied from FB

The Indoor Festival of Folk 2024!
We are absolutely delighted to announce the line-up for our 2nd Indoor Festival of Folk which will take place at Cecil Sharp House in London on Saturday the 3rd of February.
Appearing along with The Magpie Arc on the day will be Tom Robinson Music, Janice Burns & Jon Doran, The Rosie Hood Band and as the centrepiece of the day a very special interview session hosted by BBC and Folk on Foot broadcaster Matthew Bannister who will be talking to/extracting stories from the co-creators of the UK Folk/Rock genre the legendary producer/manager Joe Boyd and producer/engineer John Wood (Fairport Convention, Sandy Denny, John Martyn, Nick Drake, Richard and Linda Thompson, Fotheringay, the Incredible String Band and loads more).
For many of us Joe and John are the men behind the bands and solo artists whose music has accompanied us throughout our lives and this will be a very rare (we think actually the first) opportunity to hear them talk together about the who, what, where and why of 60's and 70's British Folk/Rock.
There is also one other top class act still to be announced which will be added in the coming days.
All-day tickets are available to buy right now so click in the first comment below for the information/ticket link
Please note that tickets will be limited in number so be very quick to get yours and ensure that you don't miss out!
We look forward to seeing you there.
TMA xx

https://www.efdss.org/whats-on/26-gigs/13139-indoor-festival-of-folk-feb-2024

* 395320996_821942176599662_1865652501272651633_n.jpg (125.22 KB, 960x540 - viewed 386 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #1410 on: October 27, 2023, 10:11:46 PM »

This looks decent from The Magpie Arc

Copied from FB

The Indoor Festival of Folk 2024!
We are absolutely delighted to announce the line-up for our 2nd Indoor Festival of Folk which will take place at Cecil Sharp House in London on Saturday the 3rd of February.
Appearing along with The Magpie Arc on the day will be Tom Robinson Music, Janice Burns & Jon Doran, The Rosie Hood Band and as the centrepiece of the day a very special interview session hosted by BBC and Folk on Foot broadcaster Matthew Bannister who will be talking to/extracting stories from the co-creators of the UK Folk/Rock genre the legendary producer/manager Joe Boyd and producer/engineer John Wood (Fairport Convention, Sandy Denny, John Martyn, Nick Drake, Richard and Linda Thompson, Fotheringay, the Incredible String Band and loads more).
For many of us Joe and John are the men behind the bands and solo artists whose music has accompanied us throughout our lives and this will be a very rare (we think actually the first) opportunity to hear them talk together about the who, what, where and why of 60's and 70's British Folk/Rock.
There is also one other top class act still to be announced which will be added in the coming days.
All-day tickets are available to buy right now so click in the first comment below for the information/ticket link
Please note that tickets will be limited in number so be very quick to get yours and ensure that you don't miss out!
We look forward to seeing you there.
TMA xx

https://www.efdss.org/whats-on/26-gigs/13139-indoor-festival-of-folk-feb-2024

Thanks David, £40 seems very reasonable for a comfortable warm and dry day, listening to a great line up of music and tales. I like Banister as an interviewer, the Folk on the Foot series has been great and a chance to Boyd and Wood together is pretty special.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1411 on: October 28, 2023, 10:34:50 AM »

I found a Ticketmaster gift voucher from my daughter from January last night, took a look what was on and 9 years after missing them at Cropredy due to my illness, I'm finally seeing Australian Pink Floyd at Cardiff Arena tonight (with Wendy).

Ticketmaster's website is a disaster zone it seems, but the phone app works well. So far.

Some tickets still available, to my surprise, but not many.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1412 on: October 28, 2023, 11:27:59 AM »

I found a Ticketmaster gift voucher from my daughter from January last night, took a look what was on and 9 years after missing them at Cropredy due to my illness, I'm finally seeing Australian Pink Floyd at Cardiff Arena tonight (with Wendy).

Ticketmaster's website is a disaster zone it seems, but the phone app works well. So far.

Is there an opening roof to enable that "lasers in the rain" effect we had at Cropredy?  Wink

Have a great evening!

Flobbadob!
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #1413 on: October 28, 2023, 06:32:40 PM »

Tomorrow night; Joshua Burnell & Band at The Unicorn Theatre, Abingdon.

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1414 on: October 28, 2023, 07:03:23 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes.😎  I realise, at my advanced years, booking any event 8+ months in the future is probably foolhardy but if not about then I won't miss it and someone else can enjoy themself at my expense.   It's the knees and feet that worry me more if we don't get a seat.😱
Anyway it give an elderly chap something to live for😎

The Dude abides
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #1415 on: October 28, 2023, 08:19:31 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes.😎  I realise, at my advanced years, booking any event 8+ months in the future is probably foolhardy but if not about then I won't miss it and someone else can enjoy themself at my expense.   It's the knees and feet that worry me more if we don't get a seat.😱
Anyway it give an elderly chap something to live for😎

No rudeness about seniority intended, just teasing about the timescale...( I know you know.  Smiley  ).  Fully agree about seats...we would never go standing room only and have missed some wonderful acts as a result. Look forward to the review in Recent Gigs, it’ll be here in a flash!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1416 on: October 29, 2023, 12:50:53 AM »

They were pretty good, too.

The audience on the other hand, was awful, noisy, drunk, so many people holding up phones to video that we couldn't see whole songs.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1417 on: October 30, 2023, 10:40:55 AM »

I'd been hoping to work that in with a visit to my son in Abingdon, but unfortunately in the end timing didn't work to get there this last weekend. Hope it was good?

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1418 on: November 04, 2023, 02:08:56 PM »

Just booked - Eagles Long Goodbye, February 2024, Moody Center Austin!

Opening act is Steely Dan, if Donald Fagen is able. If not, recent alternates have included Steve Miller and The Doobie Brothers.

The tickets are absurdly expensive and the first show sold out in a day.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1419 on: November 04, 2023, 06:28:45 PM »

The Rosie Hood Band at Otley on Saturday.

Disappointed to have missed this. Saw Rosie at a folk festival, a few years ago and thought she was excellent, as is her The Beautiful And The Actual album.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: