TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363420 times)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #1300 on: June 26, 2023, 05:17:54 PM »

Tickets booked for Flook at the Victoria Hall in Settle on the 7th July. Hopefully it'll be better than the last time we saw them which was at Kendal when the venue went a bit mad with a smoke machine.

Funnily enough we haven't been back to the Brewery Arts Centre since then. It left a bad taste in the mouth - figuratively and literally.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #1301 on: June 26, 2023, 08:14:14 PM »

Almost no notice on that but the Trimdon Grange Explosion are playing tonight in Stoke Newington.  I have no idea who/what Honey Radar are but I can't imagine they're sh1te if TGE are playing with them....

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/581469?fbclid=IwAR2bQJMvkgxHIv1FGd_45qoBCsFjLBsYSPRw-fpsMf6AbEF_eMYibvJigsM

Would loved to have made it down for this one but just not possible this time, too many other things on atm.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1302 on: June 29, 2023, 06:42:25 PM »

Bridget St John is back over in the Autumn...here's for a few more gigs to be announced

https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/bridget-st-john-emma-tricca/?fbclid=IwAR1Uk30D3DLK_QYqzr9hNwG22XUEDMET-WqM9ZFv5mrkA8hOWqExMwlyLvY

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1303 on: June 30, 2023, 10:32:00 AM »

If you're in Ireland...the wondrous Dr Strangely Strange are playing a couple of gigs...here's one of them.

I think Lehanmore is another - on the 4th August

* 347428730_10227661768302440_5287793165333381221_n.jpg (351.09 KB, 1448x2048 - viewed 623 times.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 10:48:21 AM by davidmjs » Logged

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PJayBe

« Reply #1304 on: July 01, 2023, 03:46:25 PM »

An Ian Prowse acoustic trio gig tonight on The Wirral, then Kiss next Friday in Manchester.....
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1305 on: July 03, 2023, 02:17:53 PM »

Tasty looking Bert Jansch 80th birthday bash at the Festival Hall...

I wonder how many of these artists would turn out for an imaginary John Renbourn 80th bash next year?  It is a bit weird that, isn't it?

* 357685195_750250180436270_3759493469824754369_n.jpg (498.47 KB, 1459x2048 - viewed 515 times.)

Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1306 on: July 17, 2023, 01:33:27 PM »

I'm going to see Solstice in Colchester at the weekend which at £15 a ticket is actually cheaper than going to the pub and getting a round in.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1307 on: July 17, 2023, 01:33:59 PM »

I'm going to see Solstice in Colchester at the weekend which at £15 a ticket is actually cheaper than going to the pub and getting a round in.

Just don't, er, get a round in...

John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1308 on: July 17, 2023, 08:26:16 PM »

Keb Mo' at the Paramount, next Wednesday, July 26!

Maybe Steve Miller Band at the Germania Insurance Amphitheater on the 27th, if I'm feeling up to a long walk on a hot night.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1309 on: July 18, 2023, 09:33:12 AM »

Actually a book launch...but with added gig appeal.

The new revised and expanded edition of the mighty Be Glad:  an Incredible String Band Compendium is being launched in Nov.

This from Adrian Whittaker:  

Be Glad, an Incredible String Band Compendium (revised and expanded edition): Book launch
At the London book launch, musicians who have written for the book or fanzine will play ISB music. Performers will include Norman Lamont, Tony Corden and Polly Henderson, Grahame Hood, Malcolm Le Maistre, the Half-Remarkable Questionnaires  and more. There may be  one or two special guests but that’s currently unconfirmed. I’m expecting a friendly, folk clubby vibe; it’ll be another gathering of the ISB fans and clans, a bit like the Rio and Green Note events we’ve had in the past.
It's on Saturday 4th November.  Doors will be 2.00, music starts at 2.30 and we expect the event to be over by 5.00.
There’ll be a bar and Strange Attractor will be selling copies of the hardback. Venue is the spacious and airy main hall at The Mildmay Club at 33-34 Newington Green N16 9PR, a community-owned former radical club 15 minutes’ walk from Dalston Kingsland station and on various bus routes. Disabled access via a stairlift.
Tickets available here, currently  at a reduced Early Bird price with no booking fee.

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/587749?fbclid=IwAR1ZZv6Ydlc8h4bcX8ExMn25OBFDeP0FzkZE1g_Lx665Ute9RXfPrYxwF3o

John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1310 on: August 15, 2023, 06:19:01 PM »

Stevie Nicks, tonight at the Moody Center in Austin! I have a long history with Stevie, in and out of Fleetwood Mac:

8/31/83 SN with Joe Walsh, Austin (Wild Heart Tour)
4/12/86 SN with Opus, Austin (Rock a Little Tour)
12/1/87 FM with Cruzados, Austin (Shake the Cage Tour)
8/14/98 SN, Don Henley, etc., Bethel NY (Enchanted Tour)
6/4/13 FM, Dallas (Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 Tour)
12/14/14 FM, Dallas (On With the Show Tour)
3/1/15 FM, Austin (On With the Show Tour)
3/12/17 SN with Pretenders, Austin (24 Karat Gold Tour)
2/9/19 FM, Austin (An Evening With Fleetwood Mac)

Forty years almost to the day since my first Stevie show. She was a seasoned 35-year old when I saw her the first time. This may be the last ever, but I said the same thing in 2017.
PJayBe

« Reply #1311 on: August 16, 2023, 04:58:43 PM »

Franck Carducci & The Fantastic Squad on Friday at Fort Perch on The Wirral.  The lovely Mary Reynaud playing the theremin with her boobs (once seen, never forgotten) and Lea on the drums, the happiest drummer in the world.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1312 on: August 20, 2023, 10:27:11 AM »

The new revised and expanded edition of the mighty Be Glad:  an Incredible String Band Compendium is being launched in Nov.

Be Glad, an Incredible String Band Compendium (revised and expanded edition): Book launch
At the London book launch, musicians who have written for the book or fanzine will play ISB music. Performers will include Norman Lamont, Tony Corden and Polly Henderson, Grahame Hood, Malcolm Le Maistre, the Half-Remarkable Questionnaires  and more. There may be  one or two special guests but that’s currently unconfirmed. I’m expecting a friendly, folk clubby vibe; it’ll be another gathering of the ISB fans and clans, a bit like the Rio and Green Note events we’ve had in the past.
It's on Saturday 4th November.  Doors will be 2.00, music starts at 2.30 and we expect the event to be over by 5.00.
There’ll be a bar and Strange Attractor will be selling copies of the hardback. Venue is the spacious and airy main hall at The Mildmay Club at 33-34 Newington Green N16 9PR, a community-owned former radical club 15 minutes’ walk from Dalston Kingsland station and on various bus routes. Disabled access via a stairlift.
Tickets available here, currently  at a reduced Early Bird price with no booking fee.

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/587749?fbclid=IwAR1ZZv6Ydlc8h4bcX8ExMn25OBFDeP0FzkZE1g_Lx665Ute9RXfPrYxwF3o

I'm not going but have ordered the book in deluxe form.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1313 on: August 20, 2023, 10:50:06 AM »

I'm not going but have ordered the book in deluxe form.

Ditto.  I have the excuse of being in Oz (or I will have if I can actually get my sorry arse on the plane).

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1314 on: August 20, 2023, 01:28:58 PM »

Went online to book for Robert Plants Saving Grace. It said tickets from £40 which I thought was a bit steep for an acoustic band, but what the hell. That was just for limited view seats . £75 for normal seats for Cliffs sake.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1315 on: August 20, 2023, 01:33:41 PM »

Went online to book for Robert Plants Saving Grace. It said tickets from £40 which I thought was a bit steep for an acoustic band, but what the hell. That was just for limited view seats . £75 for normal seats for Cliffs sake.

Cripes.  £22.50 when I saw them at The Lyric Theatre in Carmarthen 4.5 years ago - although not entirely sure why electric v acoustic affects the price (and Saving Grace are far more plugged in than you might imagine).

Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #1316 on: August 20, 2023, 02:53:45 PM »

Cripes.  £22.50 when I saw them at The Lyric Theatre in Carmarthen 4.5 years ago - although not entirely sure why electric v acoustic affects the price (and Saving Grace are far more plugged in than you might imagine).

Tickets starting from £40.72 +£3.80 transaction fee at New Theatre Oxford...Don't think I will be bothering, but instead have booked the "80th Birthday Concert for Bert Jansch" at the Festival Hall London on Nov 4th, (Robert Plant, Martin Simpson, Jacqui McShee, Bernard Butler, Kathryn Williams & Sam Lee) for £25 + £3.50 transaction fee...Mind you the train ticket to London will easily swallow up the saving! Grin
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1317 on: August 20, 2023, 05:53:03 PM »

32 quid at Buxton two years ago.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1318 on: August 21, 2023, 09:34:00 AM »

Booked to see Lifesigns down in Truro next month.  Looking forward to seeing them. I must have seen them at Cropredy a few years ago, but don't remember them then.  I have since got into their recorded work.

And the week after that, for something rather different, we have tickets to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra with Sheku Kanneh-Mason at Barnstaple.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #1319 on: August 21, 2023, 10:33:24 AM »

My next two gigs are both duos in folk clubs - Ken Nicol & Wendy Ross and then Jacqui McShee & Kevin Dempsey ... seen 3 of the 4 musicians before (ie all except relative "newcomer" Wendy), but never in this particular format. Anybody else seen 'em before?

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: