TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:47:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363436 times)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1220 on: March 25, 2023, 06:44:23 PM »

I think Katie Spencer has put a string of dates out today for September & October , always a good show IMO

I wish there was a  date near me.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1221 on: March 27, 2023, 11:27:50 PM »

Assuming we score tickets during tomorrow's presale, The Swell Season (Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova) at Chateau St. Michele Winery outside Seattle, Washington, August 23 (2,000+ miles from our home)!

As a duo, they have not appeared in Texas since 2009, and have no Texas shows on their current tour. We traveled over 2,000 miles to Portland, Oregon to see them in 2010, after which they went on a long hiatus. Glen has come here on his own a few times since, and we had the pleasure of seeing him and some of The Frames at Vicar Street in Dublin a few days after Cropredy in 2017. I think they make beautiful music together, so I am most excited!

If you haven't seen it, I recommend "Once" (both the film and the stage musical).
garrypbrooks

« Reply #1222 on: April 07, 2023, 12:17:51 PM »

Bruce Cockburn is playing London and Oxford in August see http://brucecockburn.com/tour-dates/

77 (and looking it), but I gather he still puts on good show
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1223 on: April 07, 2023, 02:57:57 PM »

Two all dayers from the Unthanks - The Sage and Barbican 9 and 10 Sept

Rachel Unthank and the Winterset reuniting to play the Bairns in the afternoon and the Unthanks playing Here's the Tender Coming and Last in the evening.  I'm off to Gateshead.... Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1224 on: April 07, 2023, 03:00:02 PM »

And how about this...music from the Wicker Man et al...  https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2023/event/musics-from-summerisle?fbclid=IwAR3G0gzvsFgdunaggY3Buxb3Q9tLyzxhgj-4uQVvJ8rHnNprG9Sj8BV2ANo

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1225 on: April 07, 2023, 10:38:43 PM »

Bruce Cockburn is playing London and Oxford in August see http://brucecockburn.com/tour-dates/

77 (and looking it), but I gather he still puts on good show

I saw him a few short years ago, before the lock down beard, and he was remarkable as a player and a writer.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1226 on: April 23, 2023, 04:30:41 PM »

Upcoming:

Los Lobos, April 29 - Austin Blues Festival at the Moody Amphitheater
Patti Lupone, May 1 - Broadway Legend at the Long Center for the Performing Arts
Tom Jones, May 3 - ACL Live

And just purchased - Sting at the Moody Center this Fall!
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1227 on: April 23, 2023, 05:37:00 PM »

Shonen Knife next Tuesday and then Joe Martin on Friday.
PJayBe

« Reply #1228 on: April 23, 2023, 08:15:28 PM »

Enjoy Joe, I think he's great.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #1229 on: April 26, 2023, 10:27:05 AM »

Looking forward to a couple of interesting shows; Martin Stephenson with John Perry (from the Only Ones) tomorrow, seems like an unlikely combination, but should be fun. Then Ian Prowse with his "Fireworks 30" tour on Friday.
PJayBe

« Reply #1230 on: April 26, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »

Looking forward to a couple of interesting shows; Martin Stephenson with John Perry (from the Only Ones) tomorrow, seems like an unlikely combination, but should be fun. Then Ian Prowse with his "Fireworks 30" tour on Friday.

Prowse-y is on top form.  Will be a belter.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1231 on: April 26, 2023, 08:59:14 PM »

Queen Plus Adam Lambert just announced, Saturday, October 21, at the site of the Formula 1 race (Circuit of the Americas, Del Valle [suburban Austin], Texas).

Mulling. Tickets are very expensive at face value, and already sold out. I would have to buy scalped tickets.

Plus, I saw Queen with Freddy in Dallas during the Hot Space Tour (August 21, 1982). It was one of my first concerts and their final U.S. tour. Can't top that memory.
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #1232 on: April 27, 2023, 09:49:49 AM »

Queen Plus Adam Lambert just announced, Saturday, October 21, at the site of the Formula 1 race (Circuit of the Americas, Del Valle [suburban Austin], Texas).

Mulling. Tickets are very expensive at face value, and already sold out. I would have to buy scalped tickets.

Plus, I saw Queen with Freddy in Dallas during the Hot Space Tour (August 21, 1982). It was one of my first concerts and their final U.S. tour. Can't top that memory.

I haven't heard the term scalped tickets before. I had to Google it - "Resellers use scalping bots (aka ticket bots) to acquire tickets in large amounts. After that, they resell them with inflated prices."

I also saw Queen in 82 (June, Edinburgh) and it was one of my first concerts. And I think the two nights they did there were the last gigs they ever played in Scotland with Freddie.

My only other Queen-related gig was Brian May 11 years later also in Edinburgh but in a smaller venue with much better acoustics! That was the Back to the Light tour with Cozy Powell and Neil Murray in his band.

Back on topic I've booked tickets for Iona Lane in Morecambe next Saturday. Also booked for the Towersey Festival in August. The Proclaimers and Frank Turner are two of the headliners.  

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
wayne stote

« Reply #1233 on: April 27, 2023, 01:03:52 PM »

Cheers!  Smiley

I caught his set at the Great British Folk Festival, in 2021, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Be nice to see a full show. Think the new album should be on sale too.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1234 on: April 27, 2023, 01:55:34 PM »

I haven't heard the term scalped tickets before. I had to Google it - "Resellers use scalping bots (aka ticket bots) to acquire tickets in large amounts. After that, they resell them with inflated prices."

I also saw Queen in 82 (June, Edinburgh) and it was one of my first concerts. And I think the two nights they did there were the last gigs they ever played in Scotland with Freddie.

My only other Queen-related gig was Brian May 11 years later also in Edinburgh but in a smaller venue with much better acoustics! That was the Back to the Light tour with Cozy Powell and Neil Murray in his band.

Back on topic I've booked tickets for Iona Lane in Morecambe next Saturday. Also booked for the Towersey Festival in August. The Proclaimers and Frank Turner are two of the headliners.  

What we call touts, standing outside venues with handfuls of tickets for sale( normally at more than face value unless the show has started) , the yanks call scalpers.  The likes of Ticketmaster, Viagogo and their ilk are just touts gone corporate

The Dude abides
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1235 on: April 27, 2023, 06:28:11 PM »

Slightly off-topic, but did anyone here see Queen with Paul Rodgers?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #1236 on: April 27, 2023, 09:47:08 PM »

Cheers!  Smiley

I caught his set at the Great British Folk Festival, in 2021, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Be nice to see a full show. Think the new album should be on sale too.

We saw him there, so booked to see him do a local gig last week. He was good, even with a lead guitarist missing due to sickness.

Support was good as well. We had to tell her how to pronounce Havant.

Paul

wayne stote

« Reply #1237 on: April 27, 2023, 11:52:15 PM »

Cheers!  Smiley

We saw him there, so booked to see him do a local gig last week. He was good, even with a lead guitarist missing due to sickness.

Paul

Out of curiosity, who was the support?
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #1238 on: April 28, 2023, 08:46:31 AM »

Yes, saw them at Wembley.  Alright Now was the only thing I really enjoyed! It was only during the evening that I realised how much I disliked Brian May’s overblown guitar twiddling and Roger Taylor’s drumming. Paul R seemed like a very bad fit, especially when they played Bohemian Rhapsody to film of Freddie singing. Quite sad as he has always been one of my favourite singers since I first heard and loved Free.

It has to be said that my son and I seemed to be very much alone in the arena in our response. From what I have seen, Adam Lambert seems to be a much better fit.

Slightly off-topic, but did anyone here see Queen with Paul Rodgers?
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #1239 on: April 29, 2023, 10:17:05 PM »

Cheers!  Smiley

Paul

Out of curiosity, who was the support?

Katy Hurt. American lass with a good voice. It was a standing joke that they only played in places she couldn't pronounce. She said haVANT where as we say HAvant.

Paul

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: