TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:02:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363539 times)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1180 on: March 01, 2023, 09:45:52 AM »

We've not seen her live before, so innovation is not what we seek.

Absolutely Andy, I was just being subjective.   Hope you enjoy- I think you will.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1181 on: March 01, 2023, 10:37:09 AM »

Just booked to see Steve Hillage Band in Bristol at the end of March.  Steve, Miquette and the current Gong line-up. Support is Utopia Strong (with Steve Davis).  I somehow doubt "Snooker Loopy" will get an airing...

Flobbadob!
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1182 on: March 01, 2023, 02:00:01 PM »

Mike Dawes on Sunday at the  West End Center Aldershot, then Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash at the end of the month at the same place.  Ten minute walk there an back.

Mike Dawes is a brilliant musician. I've seen him a couple of times on stage with Justin Hayward. Well worth catching.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
garrypbrooks

« Reply #1183 on: March 02, 2023, 08:41:33 AM »

Mike Dawes on Sunday at the  West End Center Aldershot, then Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash at the end of the month at the same place.  Ten minute walk there an back.

Mike Dawes is a brilliant musician. I've seen him a couple of times on stage with Justin Hayward. Well worth catching.

If you want to know how good Mike Dawes is - he plays with Tommy Emmanuel. 'nuff said.
MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #1184 on: March 02, 2023, 09:15:01 AM »

If you want to know how good Mike Dawes is - he plays with Tommy Emmanuel. 'nuff said.

I have watched some youtube stuff, but am pretty sure i saw him as a support to someone some years ago, though that might just be memory tricks and it was someone else. I m looking forward to this Sunday evening gig(which is a first I think for the West End Centre).

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1185 on: March 02, 2023, 04:01:26 PM »

I saw Mike D. with Justin Hayward as well - he's amazing. Tommy Emmanuel, Mike Dawes and Richard Thompson put everyone else to shame.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1186 on: March 08, 2023, 06:37:44 PM »

Just announced - Peter Gabriel will hit Austin, Dallas and Houston later this year. Yay!

Tonight - Bob(by) Weir and Wolf Brothers, ACL Live! The show starts at 7:00 PM, which is puzzling, but I'm not complaining. Late nights are not my idea of fun these days.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #1187 on: March 08, 2023, 07:20:44 PM »

Levellers Collective (acoustic lineup) at Reading Hexagon in about 15 minutes.

Me and the boy have come out for the night to eat pizza and punch the air for a bit as part of his birthday present. He's got the T shirt too...

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1188 on: March 10, 2023, 07:32:58 PM »

Just bought tickets for Journey/Toto in San Antonio, April 4.

Re: Toto, never seen any version of them live. Only Steve Lukather from the original band, and only Joseph Williams from the hit-making years. Still, the songs are good and Lukather is a bona fide guitar hero.

Re: Journey. I saw the Escape-era band twice, in 1981 and 1982. A few years ago, I saw the reunited Escape band with Arnel Pineda in lieu of the inestimable Steve Perry. Pretty good. Now they've shuffled members again, and I would hesitate but for the fact that original singer/keyboardist and two-time Rock Hall of Fame member Gregg Rolie lives a short 100-mile drive away from the AT&T Center, and came out of hiding to perform with the band in Austin mere weeks ago. Rumor has it he will repeat this next month in San Antonio, and I will be there just in case.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1189 on: March 11, 2023, 10:39:07 AM »

The esteeemed Mr John Fogerty is appearing at the Mcr Arens at the back end of May, so I checked the ticket prices with a view  to getting a brace.  But £104 😱
I ain't no millionaires son😞

The Dude abides
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1190 on: March 11, 2023, 11:51:19 AM »

The esteeemed Mr John Fogerty is appearing at the Mcr Arens at the back end of May, so I checked the ticket prices with a view  to getting a brace.  But £104 😱
I ain't no millionaires son😞

It's getting silly, isn't it.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #1191 on: March 12, 2023, 01:47:35 PM »

The Dream Syndicate at the Band on the Wall, Manchester on Tuesday. With Vicki Peterson from The Bangles subbing for Jason Victor who can't make the tour and the Rain Parade suppporting this is going to be some Paisley Underground reunion. Can't wait.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1192 on: March 12, 2023, 01:53:58 PM »

The Dream Syndicate at the Band on the Wall, Manchester on Tuesday. With Vicki Peterson from The Bangles subbing for Jason Victor who can't make the tour and the Rain Parade suppporting this is going to be some Paisley Underground reunion. Can't wait.

I've got mates doing the entire tour.  I'm very annoyed to miss the shows...they sound grand.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #1193 on: March 12, 2023, 03:25:49 PM »

I've got mates doing the entire tour.  I'm very annoyed to miss the shows...they sound grand.

I did have an eye on Liverpool and the two in London but circumstances dictated otherwise.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #1194 on: March 16, 2023, 11:33:53 AM »

I recently received notifications of concerts by Ian Prowse + band and Willy Mason at in Worthing and Guildford respectively, both not too far from me. Great, I thought, a couple of acts I've wanted to see for quite a while.
Sadly both gigs are standing only, the former at The Venue, Worthing and the latter at Guildford's horrible Boiler Room, so I will give them a miss, my creaky old body can no longer do this sort of thing.
I live in hope that both will come my way again and play somewhere different.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1195 on: March 16, 2023, 01:22:44 PM »

Steve Knightley, tomorrow at the Cruck Barn, in Appletreewick. Should be a good 'un.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1196 on: March 16, 2023, 04:58:37 PM »

Not Camel, sadly... https://www.loudersound.com/news/camel-cancel-2023-europe-and-uk-live-dates

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1197 on: March 17, 2023, 08:21:07 AM »

Sad news. Andy Latimer has had a lot of health battles.  I had been wondering whether I could make the long trip to one of those gigs. This makes my mind up for me, I suppose.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1198 on: March 17, 2023, 01:19:11 PM »

Weather permitting, The Zombies, this afternoon, outside at Ausitorium Shores on the south bank of Lady Bird Lake.

A free show no less, celebrating the end of SXSW.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1199 on: March 17, 2023, 08:12:01 PM »

Uh, "Auditorium Shores."
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: