TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:05:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363579 times)
garrypbrooks

« Reply #1120 on: December 23, 2022, 10:20:35 AM »

Del Amitri are playing in Glasgow and there's a film of the concert and band Q&A of it showing at the Sound Lounge , Sutton on 14th Jan, see
https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/del-amitri-film-screening-and-the-sound-lounge-sutton-tickets/12783265?pl=soundlounge
Strangely it doesn't seem to be showing anywhere else
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #1121 on: December 29, 2022, 12:46:25 PM »

Fairport Convention at the Wyvern Theatre Swindon on Feb 3rd...So excited to see the band with DM on board again & in the actual venue where he received the message from Andy Partridge of XTC!  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 01:12:44 PM by Glen S » Logged
PJayBe

« Reply #1122 on: December 29, 2022, 04:25:33 PM »

71st and final gig of the year tomorrow.  An acoustic AC/DC tribute act.....
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1123 on: January 05, 2023, 06:43:27 PM »

Soft Machine.... Ambleside!

* 324021000_911416373218688_891112754842129990_n.jpg (374.5 KB, 886x709 - viewed 587 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1124 on: January 05, 2023, 11:12:48 PM »

Tickets in hand for Alan Doyle (ex Great Big Sea)  at the Sony Theater in February. This is the third attempt at this gig due to Covid. Even better is that Chris Trapper will be opening, and I’m hoping they will sing some of the GBS songs Chris wrote for them

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1125 on: January 06, 2023, 12:26:07 AM »

Tickets in hand for Alan Doyle (ex Great Big Sea)  at the Sony Theater in February. This is the third attempt at this gig due to Covid. Even better is that Chris Trapper will be opening, and I’m hoping they will sing some of the GBS songs Chris wrote for them

I'd love to see Alan Doyle live. I have very fond memories of the one time I saw Great Big Sea in concert, and his solo records have kept up the quality of the band's work. Don't know Chris Trapper beyond his co-writes on a couple of GBS records. Any recommendations?
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1126 on: January 06, 2023, 09:58:17 AM »

London or Wimborne for me... unless they announce gigs a little nearer Gloucester

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1127 on: January 06, 2023, 10:08:00 AM »

London or Wimborne for me... unless they announce gigs a little nearer Gloucester

It's being erroneously advertised in Ambleside as 3/4 of the 70's band featuring Roy and John.  Tut, tut.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1128 on: January 06, 2023, 11:29:25 AM »

I'd love to see Alan Doyle live. I have very fond memories of the one time I saw Great Big Sea in concert, and his solo records have kept up the quality of the band's work. Don't know Chris Trapper beyond his co-writes on a couple of GBS records. Any recommendations?

I am really excited because I haven’t managed to see him since GBS split. As to Chris Trapper he is a true songsmith and all his solo albums are great. I’d probably start with his work as singer and songwriter in The Push Stars, who still get together occasionally. Paint The Town is my favorite

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
wayne stote

« Reply #1129 on: January 06, 2023, 07:18:55 PM »

I am really excited because I haven’t managed to see him since GBS split. As to Chris Trapper he is a true songsmith and all his solo albums are great. I’d probably start with his work as singer and songwriter in The Push Stars, who still get together occasionally. Paint The Town is my favorite

I'll give it a listen. Thanks!
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #1130 on: January 08, 2023, 08:36:51 PM »

Hack Poets Guild - booked March at More Music - Morecambe, featuring Lisa Knapp, Marry Waterson seems like another interesting project.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #1131 on: January 10, 2023, 02:10:07 PM »

Tickets booked for Fairport's Southport gig. I haven't been to The Atkinson before but it looks like a nice venue.

I see there's a folk festival on there the weekend of the 11th Feb with the Gigspanner Big Band and Katie Spencer on the bill. Would like to go but I think we're off up to Glasgow that weekend.

More info here - https://www.theatkinson.co.uk/events/love-folk-fest-2023/

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
wayne stote

« Reply #1132 on: January 10, 2023, 07:01:25 PM »

Just noticed that The Sadies are playing locally in a couple of weeks. I'm aware that Dallas Good died last year but it'll be great to finally catch a show, regardless.

Also just booked for Fairport, in Harrogate. Given the concert is only a month or so away, ticket sales seem to be worryingly sparse. Had my pick of the entire venue, practically.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1133 on: January 13, 2023, 04:35:45 PM »

Just booked:

Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular, Paramount Theater, Austin - January 26!

Al Stewart, 3Ten Live, Austin - March 3!

I'm not a huge fan of 3Ten Live (small club, standing room only), but it's the only venue left in town appropriate for a folk artist, since the One World Theater closed down. I suppose the Cactus Cafe counts as well, though it is somewhat smaller. It will be my first Al Stewart show! Hopefully he'll sign a CD for me?
garrypbrooks

« Reply #1134 on: January 14, 2023, 10:46:40 AM »

Just booked:

Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular, Paramount Theater, Austin - January 26!

Al Stewart, 3Ten Live, Austin - March 3!

I'm not a huge fan of 3Ten Live (small club, standing room only), but it's the only venue left in town appropriate for a folk artist, since the One World Theater closed down. I suppose the Cactus Cafe counts as well, though it is somewhat smaller. It will be my first Al Stewart show! Hopefully he'll sign a CD for me?

I've seen Al several times, I'm sure he'll be up for some CD signings. He genuinely seems to love his audience.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1135 on: January 14, 2023, 04:29:44 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of 3Ten Live (small club, standing room only)

Small club, standing room only is my idea of an ideal gig.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1136 on: January 14, 2023, 11:31:59 PM »

Jules

It's the "standing" part that gets to me (although I have incrementally improved my physical condition over the last several years, in the words of the great Pete Townshend, time is passing). Smiley
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #1137 on: January 15, 2023, 09:24:47 PM »

Grantham my hometown. Yes Grantham Guildhall of all places  . Sat snugly behind Margaret Thatchers statue are putting on the amazing GaryStewarts Graceland on April 6th .
After falling off my chair I was straight down to booking office to buy a bunch of tickets. Wow . We don’t get talent like that in this town too often .

Other gigs booked -
Martha Tilston @ Leicester Musician
Wille and the Bandits @ Nottingham Bodega .
And Northern Kin festival. Exciting times .
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 09:41:04 PM by Pastieboy (Trev) » Logged

You are what you eat !!!
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1138 on: January 15, 2023, 10:25:41 PM »

Jules

It's the "standing" part that gets to me (although I have incrementally improved my physical condition over the last several years, in the words of the great Pete Townshend, time is passing). Smiley

After nearly having to crawl back to the tram home after the Peatbog Faries in the summer and almost passing out at the Saw Doctors last December I have had to accept that, at nearly 70, mosh pits and standing only gigs are not for me any more.

The Dude abides
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1139 on: January 15, 2023, 11:52:59 PM »

After nearly having to crawl back to the tram home after the Peatbog Faries in the summer and almost passing out at the Saw Doctors last December I have had to accept that, at nearly 70, mosh pits and standing only gigs are not for me any more.

I draw the line at mosh pits. Never could stand all that shoving about.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: