TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:44:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363411 times)
PJayBe

« Reply #1100 on: December 03, 2022, 11:30:44 AM »

Edward II at Band on the Wall in Manchester tonight.

Twas fab wasn't it.  Apart from the ridiculous number of talkers who always seem to inhabit the BOTW.....
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1101 on: December 04, 2022, 10:53:02 PM »

Saw Doctors at the Manchester Apollo (or whatever it's called these days) tonight.
Six years since the last time they toured and that was after a 5 year break
Just hope I don't regret getting standing tickets and steer clear of black eyes etc this time Shocked

I was there on Wednesday watching First Aid Kit.

Black eyes??

Last time but one (2011?) I was busy living the docs, turned round and got smashed in the eye by the back of some pissheads head resulting in a spectacular black eye that lasted into the new year.
This Fridays show was memorable as well, or rather unwell😞
It all started great, I met Dad Volt and his dear better half on the way in , and I was loving the show from the discomfort of front centre in the pit, it didn't help that someone nearby was farting disgustingly all night.  About an hour and a half into the Docs set I thought i was about to pass out, so I struggled through the throng to the bar area, splashed a bit of water on my face, and took a minute or two, felt better and went back into the fray.  25 minutes later it was happening again so I staggered out like an old drunk and sat on the stairway for 15 minutes, and again,feeling better, went back in for the last two songs.  All ok after that.   My decision to avoid all standing gigs is now law, at pushing 70 I'm far too old for that sort of thing.   The Docs were fantastic after a six year hiatus, and are planning a festival in Tuam next summer, I would be there like a shot if I was 10 years younger.
  I must also point out that I hadn't touched a drop of drink for a week, so booze played no part in my condition😂

The Dude abides
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1102 on: December 06, 2022, 10:35:36 AM »

A pretty full (and wallet-busting) dance card for me:
Next week: The Longest Johns
Feb: Fairport
Apr: Sparks
May: Duran Duran
Jul: Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen on consecutive nights - very excited already!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1103 on: December 06, 2022, 10:37:44 AM »

Jul: Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen on consecutive nights - very excited already!
Two of those are on my Who I Want To See List - Sparks and Billy Joel. Enjoy!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1104 on: December 06, 2022, 01:07:09 PM »

The Longest Johns' support act, El Pony Pisador, are well worth catching, if you get the chance.
PJayBe

« Reply #1105 on: December 06, 2022, 06:26:43 PM »

Franck Carducci & The Fantastic Squad on Friday in Wigan complete with Mary Reynaurd playing the theremin with her bobs!

Thew amazing Ian Prowse & Amsterdam on Saturday in Liverpool for their annual Christmas bash.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #1106 on: December 07, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »

Thew amazing Ian Prowse & Amsterdam on Saturday in Liverpool for their annual Christmas bash.
[/quote]

Really looking forward to this one, might even join Prowse's recommending pub crawl before hand - or maybe that's not a great idea.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1107 on: December 07, 2022, 10:21:51 AM »

Assuming the Arctic winds don't bring too much fun and games with them I'm supposed to be in Alnmouth on Saturday with the Unthanks and Hector Gannet https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hibernal-festivus-print-exhibition-the-unthanks-hector-gannet-tickets-463621974807

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #1108 on: December 07, 2022, 11:01:37 AM »

Churchfitters ---on Saturday. ------missing the footie .

You are what you eat !!!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1109 on: December 07, 2022, 11:18:16 AM »

An added bonus!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1110 on: December 07, 2022, 04:22:15 PM »

An added bonus!
He's probably still sore from Friday's result!!  Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
PJayBe

« Reply #1111 on: December 07, 2022, 05:26:39 PM »

Really looking forward to this one, might even join Prowse's recommending pub crawl before hand - or maybe that's not a great idea.
[/quote]

I want to be alert for the gig!!!
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #1112 on: December 08, 2022, 12:01:19 PM »

Paul Heaton without the unwell Jacqui Abbott tonight, supported by Billy Bragg. Shame it's at the cavernous NEC Arena, but good on PH for capping ticket price at £30.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1113 on: December 08, 2022, 12:32:36 PM »

Paul Heaton without the unwell Jacqui Abbott tonight, supported by Billy Bragg. Shame it's at the cavernous NEC Arena, but good on PH for capping ticket price at £30.

Oh, that's a shame...nothing serious I hope?

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1114 on: December 09, 2022, 08:24:22 AM »

Assuming the Arctic winds don't bring too much fun and games with them I'm supposed to be in Alnmouth on Saturday with the Unthanks and Hector Gannet https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hibernal-festivus-print-exhibition-the-unthanks-hector-gannet-tickets-463621974807

If anyone was thinking of going to this, I'm having second thoughts due to the weather forecast...ticket available at cost.  It is now sold out.

* FiEuHB7XEAEYfkN.jpg (98.88 KB, 720x1009 - viewed 379 times.)

Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #1115 on: December 09, 2022, 10:54:39 PM »

Throat problems.

Saw them on Monday, without Jacqui. It was still a brilliant gig. Billy Bragg was excellent as well.

Paul

John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1116 on: December 09, 2022, 11:45:02 PM »

Just booked - Bobby Weir and Wolf Brothers at ACL Live in March!

I never saw the GD and missed D&Co, but I saw Bob Weir some years ago and was mighty impressed. Looking forward to this one; I anticipate it will be quite rootsy, which I quite enjoy.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1117 on: December 10, 2022, 01:19:31 PM »

Just booked - Bobby Weir and Wolf Brothers at ACL Live in March!

I never saw the GD and missed D&Co, but I saw Bob Weir some years ago and was mighty impressed. Looking forward to this one; I anticipate it will be quite rootsy, which I quite enjoy.

Almost certainly the most interesting music coming out of the Grateful Dead at present (although Phil's band can still hit the heights depending on who's playing).  Dead & Co are 'fun' but rather GD by numbers I think.  Wolf Bros are brilliant...I'm very jealous.

garrypbrooks

« Reply #1118 on: December 12, 2022, 09:32:46 AM »

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to do the Iain Matthews & Andy Robert gig at Brighton tonight due to the weather. If anyone does make the gig, please post a report!
Pat Helms
Long live Freewheelin' Franklin!!

Loc: E. TENNESSEE

Often wrong.....never in doubt

« Reply #1119 on: December 19, 2022, 08:50:22 PM »

Caught the 50th Anniversary of the Will the Circle Be Unbroken album at the Hall of Fame in Nashville a couple of weeks ago. The NGDB performed the record in its entirety along with special guests.  Sadly, none of the original legends are still around, but Mother Maybelle's great granddaughter (10 years old) hollered along with the title track's chorus to make the whole thing real.

* IMG-2710.jpg (1688.07 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 228 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: