TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:38:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363524 times)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1020 on: November 07, 2022, 04:47:16 PM »

Next up - Elvis Costello and Friends (his friends include Roseanne Cash and Charlie Sexton), December 2, Moody Theater at ACL Live!

This may be the final concert of 2022 unless something else exciting comes along. Maybe Experience Hendrix on December 4? (Billy Cox, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Los Lobos’ David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas, Zakk Wylde, Dweezil Zappa, Eric Johnson, Doyle Bramhall II and Chris Layton.)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1021 on: November 07, 2022, 05:18:06 PM »

Maybe Experience Hendrix on December 4? (Billy Cox, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Los Lobos’ David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas, Zakk Wylde, Dweezil Zappa, Eric Johnson, Doyle Bramhall II and Chris Layton.)

That sounds rather entertaining...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1022 on: November 07, 2022, 06:46:25 PM »

Maybe Experience Hendrix on December 4? (Billy Cox, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Los Lobos’ David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas, Zakk Wylde, Dweezil Zappa, Eric Johnson, Doyle Bramhall II and Chris Layton.)

That sounds rather entertaining...

Mrs. J From A passes (she saw the real thing, after all) but I can't resist.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1023 on: November 08, 2022, 12:31:19 PM »

Well this is exciting...but will be exceedingly difficult to obtain tickets for, I'm sure

https://petergabriel.com/news/i-o-the-tour-announced/

Update:  Lol  Shocked Grin https://twitter.com/GiantsDiscovery/status/1589955495103967234

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #1024 on: November 08, 2022, 01:25:38 PM »

Expensive as well £95 - £200 in Birmingham. Could be a good weekend though, Springsteen is in Birmingham the night before  Smiley
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1025 on: November 08, 2022, 02:31:14 PM »

Expensive as well £95 - £200 in Birmingham. Could be a good weekend though, Springsteen is in Birmingham the night before  Smiley

A thousand pound weekend...nah, you're alright.  Rock n Roll is a rich person's game these days.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1026 on: November 08, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »

A thousand pound weekend...nah, you're alright.  Rock n Roll is a rich person's game these days.
There was a time when I would have booked it on the spot (not Springsteen, I'm not a fan) but as a soon-to-be pensioner I have to be a bit more choosy on who I spend my pennies on... smaller artists at smaller venues from now on!

He is rather amazing live though. I've cried every time I've seen him  Roll Eyes

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1027 on: November 08, 2022, 02:41:33 PM »

There was a time when I would have booked it on the spot (not Springsteen, I'm not a fan) but as a soon-to-be pensioner I have to be a bit more choosy on who I spend my pennies on... smaller artists at smaller venues from now on!

He is rather amazing live though. I've cried every time I've seen him  Roll Eyes

Well book a ticket and you can start snivelling straight away...  Wink Grin

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1028 on: November 08, 2022, 02:45:15 PM »

Happy to sit at home in comfort with a bottle of something decent and red, a few snacks and watch a DVD! And nobody tall in front of me to block my view  Cool

I don't snivel. My eyes well up and I silently weep   Wink wouldn't want to embarrass anyone!

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1029 on: November 08, 2022, 02:48:30 PM »

Happy to sit at home in comfort with a bottle of something decent and red, a few snacks and watch a DVD! And nobody tall in front of me to block my view  Cool

I don't snivel. My eyes well up and I silently weep   Wink wouldn't want to embarrass anyone!

Oh I sob at gigs (and not that silently) all the bloody time...I wasn't having a pop.  You should have seen me when VdGG played Refugees!

Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #1030 on: November 08, 2022, 02:50:18 PM »

And nobody tall in front of me to block my view

Embarrassed

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1031 on: November 08, 2022, 03:48:24 PM »

And nobody tall in front of me to block my view

Embarrassed

Not a problem you get, eh Nick?  Grin  On the other hand I have tons of leg room on planes  Cool

Oh I sob at gigs (and not that silently) all the bloody time...I wasn't having a pop.  You should have seen me when VdGG played Refugees!

Grin

Nowt wrong with that!

dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #1032 on: November 08, 2022, 04:01:21 PM »

Dave Cousins is playing a solo charity gig at the George IV in Chiswick on the 21st.  It will be his only gig for the foreseeable future.  Dave has had some serious health issues in recent months, but he is on the mend and a new Strawbs album is expected in 2023.

mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1033 on: November 08, 2022, 04:43:58 PM »

Thea Gilmore at The Acapela in Pentyrch next Sunday (13th Nov) and Squeeze at St David's Hall, Cardiff the following Friday (18th). Two very different evenings in store with one thing in common - great songs, with memorable lyrics.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1034 on: November 08, 2022, 05:15:00 PM »

Fontaines D.C. this evening. Don't know a vast amount about them but I've enjoyed what I've heard so hopefully, it'll be a decent night.

Slightly annoyingly, though, it's at a venue that I really don't like at all. Should have checked more closely when I bought the tickets, which, weirdly enough, was from a different venue's website.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1035 on: November 08, 2022, 05:33:41 PM »

PG ticket booked (Manchester).  

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1036 on: November 08, 2022, 05:35:08 PM »

Did you have to sell a bike?

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1037 on: November 08, 2022, 09:14:56 PM »

Jealous  Angry

Seriously, I hope you enjoy it immensely.  Smiley

Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #1038 on: November 08, 2022, 09:23:50 PM »

Thea Gilmore at The Acapela in Pentyrch next Sunday (13th Nov) and Squeeze at St David's Hall, Cardiff the following Friday (18th). Two very different evenings in store with one thing in common - great songs, with memorable lyrics.

Snap! Sort of. Saw Squeeze last week at Oxford (Don't forget food donation!) and am seeing Thea Gilmore in Swindon on the 19th. Would've liked to see her in Oxford at the Holywell Music Rooms (superb venue, perfect for her) but that gig clashes with Bellowhead.

Three gigs in a month! Feels positively pre-covidian.

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1039 on: November 09, 2022, 09:17:39 AM »

Dave Cousins is playing a solo charity gig at the George IV in Chiswick on the 21st.  It will be his only gig for the foreseeable future.  Dave has had some serious health issues in recent months, but he is on the mend and a new Strawbs album is expected in 2023.

Looking forward to that new album.  Settlement was the best one in a while.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: