TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:36:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363553 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #940 on: October 07, 2022, 05:38:56 PM »

I've always defended the contrary old sod but I think he's finally crossed over into the conspiracy nutters in recent weeks.  To the extent I don't think I want to go to his gig next year....

In agreement.

Jules

I'm sorry to hear that. We enjoyed the show, which is very heavy on politics and also touched on many, many high points of his career with PF. He seemed genuinely moved by his reception from a friendly and large crowd in Austin.

His recorded introduction said something like: "If you're one of those who think, 'I really love Pink Floyd but I don't like Roger Waters' politics,' then you should probably f-off to the bar."

Grin  I rather care for that.  Basically, I've always largely agreed with his politics, particularly over Israel etc...but I think he's got himself into a ridiculous situation over Ukraine where some of his quite well justified criticisms of that particular country have tipped into a situation where he seems to be defending the indefensible with regards to Russia and Putin.  But as always in these circumstances we only know what the media tells us so there may be nuances that we're missing.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #941 on: October 07, 2022, 05:51:16 PM »

I think he's got himself into a ridiculous situation over Ukraine where some of his quite well justified criticisms of that particular country have tipped into a situation where he seems to be defending the indefensible with regards to Russia and Putin.  But as always in these circumstances we only know what the media tells us so there may be nuances that we're missing.

The writer of that piece has published what he promises is a full transcript of that interview, so if there are indeed nuances, then they're very well hidden indeed.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #942 on: October 07, 2022, 05:52:16 PM »

I think he's got himself into a ridiculous situation over Ukraine where some of his quite well justified criticisms of that particular country have tipped into a situation where he seems to be defending the indefensible with regards to Russia and Putin.  But as always in these circumstances we only know what the media tells us so there may be nuances that we're missing.

The writer of that piece has published what he promises is a full transcript of that interview, so if there are indeed nuances, then they're very well hidden indeed.

Jules

I think, sadly, you're absolutely right.  Just bizarre...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PJayBe

« Reply #943 on: October 10, 2022, 03:51:13 PM »

Steeleye tonight in Blackburn.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #944 on: October 10, 2022, 04:41:50 PM »

Sea Power at The Sugarmill in Hanley on Friday.
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #945 on: October 10, 2022, 05:22:58 PM »

The brilliant German band FAUN are coming back to London after last year's triumphant gig at the Union Chaple.

This time it's at the Shepards Bush Empire on Friday 7th April.

Tickets are on sale now.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #946 on: October 10, 2022, 06:45:52 PM »

Other half was asking...is this the full band or is there sheep-sitting going on in Skye again?

Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #947 on: October 10, 2022, 10:48:31 PM »

Other half was asking...is this the full band or is there sheep-sitting going on in Skye again?

Full band as far as I'm aware.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #948 on: October 11, 2022, 09:55:53 AM »

Uriah Heep tonight at St David's Hall Cardiff, postponed from 2 years ago. That's all concerts caught up except The Who and ELO who haven't rescheduled.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #949 on: October 12, 2022, 01:08:45 PM »

Roxy music, for the first time since the mid/late 70’s and presumably the last time, tonight at the Manchester Arena

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #950 on: October 12, 2022, 01:18:45 PM »

Roxy music, for the first time since the mid/late 70’s and presumably the last time, tonight at the Manchester Arena

If they're anything like as good as they were when I saw them in (I think) '99 you're in for a treat.  The stuff of the first three albums in particular (and there was plenty of it) was astonishing...

PJayBe

« Reply #951 on: October 12, 2022, 04:43:40 PM »

Maybe I'll see you there!!
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #952 on: October 12, 2022, 05:06:18 PM »

Soon:

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain; Deep Purple & Blue Oyster Cult; Wishbone Ash; Soumik Datta.

Next March, Peatbog Fairies are playing Stroud Subscription Rooms.

1st October 2023 - Cheltenham Town Hall - Toyah and the Posh Pop band, with added Fripp - selections of the Sunday Lunchtime cover versions plus their own hits.  Shocked
(Tour dates on Toyah's website...)

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #953 on: October 12, 2022, 06:46:37 PM »

Soon:

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain; Deep Purple & Blue Oyster Cult; Wishbone Ash; Soumik Datta.

1st October 2023 - Cheltenham Town Hall - Toyah and the Posh Pop band, with added Fripp - selections of the Sunday Lunchtime cover versions plus their own hits.  Shocked

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this lot headining at Cropredy next year...

* 311519630_10162192117228677_82995434869382596_n.jpg (372.83 KB, 1448x2048 - viewed 352 times.)

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #954 on: October 13, 2022, 10:42:38 AM »

Soon:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this lot headining at Cropredy next year...
That'd guarantee my attendance! And Mr Bridgwit's (he's a bit partial to Toyah...  Roll Eyes )

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Harbottle (Martin)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Coventry

Hark at me!

« Reply #955 on: October 14, 2022, 11:52:04 AM »

Unthanks on Sunday at Draper's Hall in Coventry, moved from Warwick Uni Arts Centre!

Far nicer venue - only been in the building once, briefly, a few years ago when it opened for a heritage weekend.

"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." - Philip Larkin
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #956 on: October 14, 2022, 12:34:31 PM »

Unthanks on Sunday at Draper's Hall in Coventry, moved from Warwick Uni Arts Centre!

Far nicer venue - only been in the building once, briefly, a few years ago when it opened for a heritage weekend.

All being well we're seeing them on Wed in Chester (which apparently is selling very badly) and on Sun afternoon in Hexham (which has sold out).

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #957 on: October 15, 2022, 12:44:10 AM »

Dr Feelgood in Pontardulais Arts Centre in November. I have some hopes of a decent night out.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #958 on: October 15, 2022, 09:28:43 AM »

Nerina Pallott on 20th.

I'd never heard of this artist till a conversation with someone in an adjacent seat at a concert earlier this year. I like to take a chance on a performance by someone unfamiliar, just occasionally, maybe once a year. Last time it was Emily Portman, and she was okay.

20th is also my birthday,  so it's a chance to make the day different. I attend very few concerts these days.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #959 on: October 15, 2022, 09:48:53 AM »

Got my ticket for FC at Tewkesbury next Feb, only to find out that The Residents' "Duck Stab 50th Anniversary" gig in Bristol that should have taken place last Feb 9th (and for which I bought a ticket about 18 months ago), has been rescheduled for the same evening.. B*gger!

Flobbadob!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: