TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:18:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 363422 times)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #920 on: September 28, 2022, 12:56:25 AM »

Next week - three shows in three nights:

Roger Waters - October 6, Moody Center Austin.
Bonnie Raitt/Marc Cohn - October 7, Majestic Theater, San Antonio.
Doobie Brothers 50th Anniversary Tour with Michael McDonald - October 8, Tobin Center, San Antonio.

The planned weekend in beautiful San Antonio, Texas, with its scenic river walk, museums, 18th-century missions, and vibrant dining scene, may yet be derailed if we can't find a boarding or petsitting solution for our hyperactive young pup. Wish me luck!

Can't he come with you? He'd love a river walk!

not to mention the dining experience !!

Bliss - we found a trainer who will train and board him while we're gone. Off to San Antonio and then beautiful Maine, in time for the Fall colors (we hope). To those who have never seen Austin, we don't really have Fall here. Our seasons are summer, late summer, spring, and new summer.  Smiley
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #921 on: September 29, 2022, 05:11:57 PM »

The Clientele at Omeara in London tomorrow. Unfortunately the return journey on Saturday clashes with the rail strike so it's a mind-numbing five and a half hours on the coach.
PJayBe

« Reply #922 on: October 01, 2022, 02:44:55 PM »

Stiff Little Fingers tonight ion Sheffield.  A blast from my past!!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #923 on: October 01, 2022, 03:33:03 PM »

Peatbog Faeries are playing in Exeter soon, just when I have a work trip planned. Grr. I am trying to find a gig  buddy to come to Plymouth with me to see Bellowhead instead.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #924 on: October 02, 2022, 11:57:52 AM »

Dare, playing in Leeds, next Thursday.

Been a fan since the the Eighties but I've never seen them live so I'm really looking forward to it.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #925 on: October 02, 2022, 07:18:45 PM »

3 weeks this evening, a talk by Brian Eno at the Barbican.  Should be interesting and stimulating.

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #926 on: October 03, 2022, 09:01:50 AM »

3 weeks this evening, a talk by Brian Eno at the Barbican.  Should be interesting and stimulating.

What's the basis of the talk - is there one?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #927 on: October 03, 2022, 10:12:18 AM »

"Aside from his own recorded work, British composer, musician, and producer Brian Eno has helped define and reinvent the sound of some of the world’s most popular music artists over the past 50 years.
He is renowned for his pioneering work with ambient, generative and 3-dimensional music and has had over 300 audio-visual installations around the world since the early ‘80s.
He continues to exhibit worldwide.
His new album Foreverandevernomore will be released on October 14 and is his first song-based vocal album in many years.
In this rare, one-off talk, Eno will discuss his approach to 3-dimensional sound, the environment and where we are in the world just now.
The talk is connected to an audio installation Andevernomore: 1st Garden - an immersive sound experience centred around a full Dolby Atmos presentation of the new album set in the Barbican’s unique
Conservatory, the second largest in London".

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #928 on: October 03, 2022, 10:26:33 AM »

"Aside from his own recorded work, British composer, musician, and producer Brian Eno has helped define and reinvent the sound of some of the world’s most popular music artists over the past 50 years.
He is renowned for his pioneering work with ambient, generative and 3-dimensional music and has had over 300 audio-visual installations around the world since the early ‘80s.
His new album Foreverandevernomore will be released on October 14 and is his first song-based vocal album in many years.
In this rare, one-off talk, Eno will discuss his approach to 3-dimensional sound, the environment and where we are in the world just now.
The talk is connected to an audio installation Andevernomore: 1st Garden - an immersive sound experience centred around a full Dolby Atmos presentation of the new album set in the Barbican’s unique

Sounds interesting.  Be nice if he brought a band with him...  Wink Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #929 on: October 03, 2022, 10:30:30 AM »

How about,, these blokes, Thompson, Mackay, Manzanera, Ferry and a bass player of their choice

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #930 on: October 03, 2022, 10:46:33 AM »

How about,, these blokes, Thompson, Mackay, Manzanera, Ferry and a bass player of their choice

Oh, go on then...  Grin

PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #931 on: October 03, 2022, 11:55:39 AM »

I could take my bass...  Roll Eyes Then there'd be 2 "non-musicians"!

Flobbadob!
PJayBe

« Reply #932 on: October 05, 2022, 04:59:21 PM »

Good weekend coming up.....

Thursday - Tom Robinson - Barnoldswick
Friday - Ian Prowse - Appletreewick
Saturday - Leo Sayer - Holmfirth
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #933 on: October 06, 2022, 11:33:31 AM »

Peatbog Faeries in a small venue locally on 13th. Could be very good.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #934 on: October 06, 2022, 01:53:35 PM »

Good weekend coming up.....

Thursday - Tom Robinson - Barnoldswick
Friday - Ian Prowse - Appletreewick
Saturday - Leo Sayer - Holmfirth

I'm looking forward to Leo Sayer though I'll be seeing him in Bradford. Always great value live.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #935 on: October 06, 2022, 04:08:08 PM »

Roger Waters, Moody Center, Austin, Texas, tonight!

I'm looking forward to some good old-fashioned prog.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #936 on: October 06, 2022, 09:59:22 PM »

You'll also be treated to some new-fashioned politics.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #937 on: October 07, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »

You'll also be treated to some new-fashioned politics.

Jules

I've always defended the contrary old sod but I think he's finally crossed over into the conspiracy nutters in recent weeks.  To the extent I don't think I want to go to his gig next year....

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #938 on: October 07, 2022, 11:47:19 AM »

I've always defended the contrary old sod but I think he's finally crossed over into the conspiracy nutters in recent weeks.  To the extent I don't think I want to go to his gig next year....

In agreement.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #939 on: October 07, 2022, 05:12:55 PM »

In agreement.

Jules

I'm sorry to hear that. We enjoyed the show, which is very heavy on politics and also touched on many, many high points of his career with PF. He seemed genuinely moved by his reception from a friendly and large crowd in Austin.

His recorded introduction said something like: "If you're one of those who think, 'I really love Pink Floyd but I don't like Roger Waters' politics,' then you should probably f-off to the bar."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: