TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:38:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FC remasters on Talking Elephant  (Read 3502 times)
Linkster
Defending World Champion

Loc: Providence, Rhode Island, USA

I'm a llama!

« on: April 24, 2006, 03:15:48 PM »

Can anyone comment on the XXXV and TW&TW reissues on Talking Elephant, specifically the sonic differences relative to the original tracks.  I always thought the original Woodworm issues had superior mastering so I was surprised to see that Talking Elephant had them remastered (notwithstanding inclusion of the bonus tracks).  For the audiophiles among us, are these worth getting if we already own the Woodworm releases?  TW&TW has a hot sounding mix which borders on brightness IMO.  Sounds better on valve/vacuum tube equipment.
Alex Lyons

Loc: Blackhill, Consett, Co Durham

"For a fat lass ya divvent sweat much"

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:24:18 PM »

I'd say it's more a case of getting the reissues for the bonus tracks, or getting the albums for the first time for those as missed the original releases. There may be subtle EQ differences but nothing that most people would notice. Even the various CD reissues of something like 'Gladys' are almost indistinguishable, despite the remastering.

Always worth supporting the wonderful Barry & Malcolm at Talking Elephant though.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 09:11:16 PM »

Are they actually remastered or just straight reissues with bonus tracks? I thought the latter....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: