TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:34:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1092093 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #2080 on: January 30, 2024, 01:27:13 PM »

As Brenda from Bristol may say ...

What - another one?

DW

It'll just be a fairly quick and easy income stream I suppose...and good for them.  From a quick look at the tracklisting, very much something for fans of the current band.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #2081 on: January 30, 2024, 03:37:43 PM »

Does it say which October gigs this was recorded at?
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #2082 on: January 31, 2024, 06:47:04 PM »

The usual pre-tour interview with Peggy, although notably they get all the names right and there’s a mention of what’s going on with Gerry. https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/fairport-convention-we-were-a-boy-band-playing-semi-traditional-music-4490206

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2083 on: January 31, 2024, 06:48:46 PM »

The usual pre-tour interview with Peggy, although notably they get all the names right and there’s a mention of what’s going on with Gerry. https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/fairport-convention-we-were-a-boy-band-playing-semi-traditional-music-4490206

For those of us still behind the paywall, what is "going on with Gerry"?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #2084 on: January 31, 2024, 08:25:48 PM »

Ah, I read this at work. We clearly have a Microsoft subscription. Still, not everything gets delivered to you on a plate. It’s also on https://www.pressreader.com/uk/yorkshire-post/20240130/282235195541447 where I think you can see more bits of it.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #2085 on: February 01, 2024, 11:57:14 AM »

Ah, I read this at work. We clearly have a Microsoft subscription. Still, not everything gets delivered to you on a plate. It’s also on https://www.pressreader.com/uk/yorkshire-post/20240130/282235195541447 where I think you can see more bits of it.

Thanks Shane  Smiley

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2086 on: February 01, 2024, 12:13:36 PM »

Thanks Shane  Smiley

Cheers.  Ok, "His health meant he couldn't carry on playing the drums".  I think we'd already got there on that one...

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2087 on: February 01, 2024, 04:45:38 PM »

I've got about 27 live CD-rs, the vast majority of them obtained from someone with the initials AL (not that one) who was fairly notorious in FC circles 20 years ago (he claimed Swarb gave him permission to sell these things but it wasn't true - quite a few of them appeared in a number of forms at the old 90s Boot Fairs).  I'll send them gratis to anyone who will in return digitise them and let me have some WAV files.  1 or 2 might be out there, but mostly not.  Cropredy, warm ups, Trevor, early Albions etc.  I've been intending to digitise them myself and get them out there but events appear to have intervened and I've got other things to prioritise.  Message me if interested.

William

« Reply #2088 on: February 02, 2024, 05:59:47 PM »

Any news of the other Jerry?
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2089 on: February 02, 2024, 06:31:49 PM »

Any news of the other Jerry?

I asked this a few weeks ago.  The answer appeared to be no.

Krinoid

« Reply #2090 on: February 07, 2024, 11:46:46 PM »

Does anybody know what happened to super fan Alex Lyons atrax records?
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2091 on: February 08, 2024, 08:13:37 AM »

Does anybody know what happened to super fan Alex Lyons atrax records?
#

Another fine Mess, Live in NY is the last release isn't it (2002ish)?

After that he seemed to resort to selling live recordings of the band to other fans, supposedly with Swarb's permission.  Allegedly.  Actually, that's not really true - I know it to be correct as I've got the correspondence to prove it.

Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #2092 on: February 08, 2024, 09:14:46 AM »

He used to be a member on here many moons ago. His website stopped working sometime back. I wonder if he still lives in Consett?

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2093 on: February 08, 2024, 10:29:35 AM »

Does anyone remember Lindisfarne at Cropredy '94?  Was Alan Hull definitely there?  I think it's been released actually, hasn't it?

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #2094 on: February 08, 2024, 11:25:18 AM »

Does anyone remember Lindisfarne at Cropredy '94?  Was Alan Hull definitely there?  I think it's been released actually, hasn't it?

He was and it has, on CD and VHS.

I have the CD and a DVD conversion of the video.

I remember it very well, one of my favourite Cropredy performances ever.
'This is going to be magic', Alan said before Lady Elanor, and it was.

There are some CD copies available on the bay.

Well I never did..
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #2095 on: February 08, 2024, 12:48:14 PM »

He was, I spoke to him.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2096 on: February 08, 2024, 01:10:10 PM »

Thanks, chaps.  I've spent several decades entirely forgetting I've seen Alan Hull (and expressly stating this as fact).  I can recall the Roy set very well, but not the Lindisfarne one.  I can think of several reasons why this may be the case....

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #2097 on: February 08, 2024, 05:52:22 PM »

Thanks, chaps.  I've spent several decades entirely forgetting I've seen Alan Hull (and expressly stating this as fact).  I can recall the Roy set very well, but not the Lindisfarne one.  I can think of several reasons why this may be the case....

I'll reply to that, but I just have to tune up first. I'll just be a sec.

Twang, bing, bing.

Twing, bloing.....

Just be a mo'.....

Ding,ding......

Almost...

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2098 on: February 08, 2024, 06:25:06 PM »

I'll reply to that, but I just have to tune up first. I'll just be a sec.

Twang, bing, bing.

Twing, bloing.....

Just be a mo'.....

Ding,ding......

Almost...

Ha ha ha... Grin

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2099 on: February 13, 2024, 02:41:15 PM »

Does anybody have A Box of Pegg's lying around unloved which they'd like to see go to a kind and enthusiastic home?  Luncheon Vouchers or equivalent available although not quite as many as most are asking for it online.

* R-7262931-1437568340-3877.jpg (96.75 KB, 317x598 - viewed 247 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: