TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1091893 times)
William

« Reply #2040 on: December 05, 2023, 07:35:52 PM »

When my premium bond comes up
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #2041 on: December 07, 2023, 04:38:03 PM »

not even then for me i cant imagine anything more horrific "Welcome Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Farewell Dinner" Dear God!

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #2042 on: December 07, 2023, 04:45:12 PM »

not even then for me i cant imagine anything more horrific "Welcome Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Farewell Dinner" Dear God!

Lol. I think I'm in Tasha's camp too!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #2043 on: December 08, 2023, 06:45:17 PM »

Yes, this one is massively expensive, and I won’t be going but…..

Having ‘treated’ myself to one two years ago as a reward for clearing, sorting and selling the farm, I can say -from experience - that it is very informal and not at all like you seem to suggest. You wander in, have a drink and a natter with a few people, and relevant people may be introduced. Welcome Dinner is just dinner on the first night and the farewell dinner is, again, just dinner, but the main staff get ‘presented’ to the passengers after dinner - not in a serious pompous way though.
I made the same assumptions before I went and was happy to be proved wrong. Don’t always believe the stereotypes Wink Wink

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #2044 on: January 03, 2024, 06:15:52 PM »

I don’t know - the last one sounded like quite a hoot! https://atthebarrier.com/2022/07/14/what-we-did-on-our-holidays-fairports-rhine-cruise-2022-the-full-story/

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2045 on: January 03, 2024, 06:35:55 PM »

"Quite a hoot"?  You sound like exactly the target audience, Shane.  Dig deep now... Wink

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2046 on: January 03, 2024, 08:04:40 PM »

"Quite a hoot"?  You sound like exactly the target audience, Shane.  Dig deep now... Wink

That's the cruise we booked for 2020 and ultimately had to pass on. The organizers refunded our money and now we are eyeing the 2025 cruise of the Adriatic. Sounds like a fantastic experience, albeit sad for Simon's absence from 2/3ds of the cruise. Time to renew my passport.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #2047 on: January 03, 2024, 09:11:22 PM »

A jazz night, Beatles karaoke and Peggy on lead guitar? Let me check my lottery numbers…  Wink

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Andy Leonard

« Reply #2048 on: January 04, 2024, 11:37:54 AM »

That's the cruise we booked for 2020 and ultimately had to pass on. The organizers refunded our money and now we are eyeing the 2025 cruise of the Adriatic. Sounds like a fantastic experience, albeit sad for Simon's absence from 2/3ds of the cruise. Time to renew my passport.

Can you tell me how you know that please? I’m going on that cruise too which should be fantastic albeit very expensive. However the fact that SN will be absent for 2/3rds of it does take a little bit of the shine off it. Thanks

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #2049 on: January 04, 2024, 03:08:27 PM »

Simon was 2/3rds absent from the cruise that was postponed until 2022 - he got Covid.

Flobbadob!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2050 on: January 04, 2024, 06:21:30 PM »

Can you tell me how you know that please? I’m going on that cruise too which should be fantastic albeit very expensive. However the fact that SN will be absent for 2/3rds of it does take a little bit of the shine off it. Thanks

I apologize for the imprecision of my statement. Simon missed two thirds of the 2022 cruise due to Covid. I know that from the lengthy review of the 2022 cruise linked in one of the comments above. This has nothing to do with the 2025 cruise, for which Mrs. J From A and I are beginning the booking process.
Andy Leonard

« Reply #2051 on: January 04, 2024, 07:56:00 PM »

I apologize for the imprecision of my statement. Simon missed two thirds of the 2022 cruise due to Covid. I know that from the lengthy review of the 2022 cruise linked in one of the comments above. This has nothing to do with the 2025 cruise, for which Mrs. J From A and I are beginning the booking process.

Ah!!! Thanks for that John, it’s probably me being thick and not you!! See you there!!

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2052 on: January 08, 2024, 06:47:30 PM »

What's the name of that (double I think) CD that includes loads of Fairport guest appearances on it...a friends and relatives type thing...Marc Ellington et al.  It entered my mind earlier today and I can't find it or even recall what it's called....

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #2053 on: January 08, 2024, 08:28:13 PM »

What's the name of that (double I think) CD that includes loads of Fairport guest appearances on it...a friends and relatives type thing...Marc Ellington et al.  It entered my mind earlier today and I can't find it or even recall what it's called....

The Fairport Companion ?

https://mainlynorfolk.info/fairport/records/thefairportcompanion.html

Well I never did..
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #2054 on: January 09, 2024, 10:25:16 AM »

The Fairport Companion ?

That's the one that came to my mind too

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2055 on: January 09, 2024, 10:31:23 AM »

The Fairport Companion ?

That's the one that came to my mind too

Thanks, chaps....appreciated.  I even found it as well...

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2056 on: January 10, 2024, 07:42:19 PM »

Does anybody here have a genuine 2003 Cropredy tee (i.e. one they either bought themselves at the time or know some other way to be real)?

If you do, can you let me know (or post a pic) what the label says - Make, and where made etc.

Many thanks...I'm trying to convince my suspicious mind that something is what it is claimed to be Smiley

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #2057 on: January 11, 2024, 01:08:11 AM »

Does anybody here have a genuine 2003 Cropredy tee (i.e. one they either bought themselves at the time or know some other way to be real)?

If you do, can you let me know (or post a pic) what the label says - Make, and where made etc.

Many thanks...I'm trying to convince my suspicious mind that something is what it is claimed to be Smiley

I didn't do 2003 or 2004, but the 2002 and 2005 shirts were made by Gildan, as were some others about that time. Some of them also have made in Honduras on them, but not all.
This isn't one of mine, but it's what they look like.

* il_1588xN.3536172013_ccam.jpg (190.28 KB, 1588x1188 - viewed 241 times.)

Well I never did..
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #2058 on: January 11, 2024, 10:01:31 AM »

I have one David, I'll check it out either tonight or tomorrow.

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #2059 on: January 11, 2024, 11:28:25 AM »

According to Rock n Reel magazine Fairport have reissued their first four albums. In the review there's no mention of bonus tracks etc and I can't see anything on the band's website so am wondering why these albums have been reissued. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: