TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:04:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1091980 times)
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1960 on: August 23, 2023, 01:40:47 AM »

Actually I have two versions of Peggy’s signature. One is on a vinyl copy of The Five Seasons bought secondhand where due to the black color (how much blacker could it be!  Cheesy ) he signed Cheers Peggy, but with that combined DP style. The other is on a Music Autograph’s Poster, authenticated and signed by Simon, Ric, Chris, Gerry and Peggy. On this one he used the same DP but wrote Dave Pegg…not Peggy! Of the 5 I’ll say Peggy’s and Ric’s are the best…must be a Birmingham thing lol

Edit-forgot to quote the previous saying he only signed as Peggy!

I have the WKWTTG limited edition signed poster and that is signed Dave Pegg.

Yep thats the one I have too

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1961 on: August 23, 2023, 07:52:33 AM »

Actually I have two versions of Peggy’s signature. One is on a vinyl copy of The Five Seasons bought secondhand where due to the black color (how much blacker could it be!  Cheesy ) he signed Cheers Peggy, but with that combined DP style. The other is on a Music Autograph’s Poster, authenticated and signed by Simon, Ric, Chris, Gerry and Peggy. On this one he used the same DP but wrote Dave Pegg…not Peggy! Of the 5 I’ll say Peggy’s and Ric’s are the best…must be a Birmingham thing lol

But it's not got that shared D/P thing though does it?  I've actually just found a genuine one signed D Pegg so it appears he covers all bases... Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1962 on: August 23, 2023, 09:54:31 AM »

But it's not got that shared D/P thing though does it?  I've actually just found a genuine one signed D Pegg so it appears he covers all bases... Grin
Mine does.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
iandiddams

« Reply #1963 on: August 23, 2023, 10:16:22 AM »

Found my 2nd hand copy of this...  
caveat : Ive no idea oif these signatures are genuine etc ...

* GL.jpg (132.11 KB, 945x1259 - viewed 467 times.)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1964 on: August 23, 2023, 10:19:27 AM »

Found my 2nd hand copy of this...  
caveat : Ive no idea oif these signatures are genuine etc ...

They all look good to me.  Love Maart's pp RT!!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
iandiddams

« Reply #1965 on: August 23, 2023, 11:18:31 AM »

They all look good to me.  Love Maart's pp RT!!

made me smile too!
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #1966 on: August 23, 2023, 12:17:49 PM »

Supply & demand indeed .... I've seen second-hand albums advertised as "a rare un-signed copy" ! If you think about it, if somebody is essentially a "folk-club artist", a very large proportion of their albums must be sold by the artists themselves working hard around the country's clubs and a very large proportion of those must get signed. I still often get them, but to support the artist and the sentimental value to myself rather than any £ value Smiley
Peter Allen

« Reply #1967 on: August 23, 2023, 06:59:06 PM »

I don't have many fully signed Fairport LP's , just the Full House / Angel/B.Lee  run including the original Live At The Troubadour , and then the reboot line up to "Jewel In The Crown"
All the comings and goings sure didn't help ,and  DM Richard and Iain all based abroad although all 3 have returned regularly
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1968 on: August 23, 2023, 07:35:01 PM »

My several Peggy autographs are all signed "Dave Pegg."

I have boasted before about my Fairport hat, autographed by pretty much everyone between 2007 and 2017 (including some now gone). It's a treasured possession and certainly not available for sale!

It's got: Iain Matthews, Judy Dyble, Richard Thompson, Ashley Hutchings, Simon Nicol, Swarb, Dave Mattacks, Dave Pegg, Jerry Donahue, Ric Sanders, Maart, Chris Leslie, Gerry Conway, Christine Collister, and George Galt (who contributed harmonica to MOTL in 2012).

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1969 on: August 23, 2023, 07:37:34 PM »

I have boasted before about my Fairport hat, autographed by pretty much everyone between 2007 and 2017 (including some now gone). It's a treasured possession and certainly not available for sale!

It's got: Iain Matthews, Judy Dyble, Richard Thompson, Ashley Hutchings, Simon Nicol, Swarb, Dave Mattacks, Dave Pegg, Jerry Donahue, Ric Sanders, Maart, Chris Leslie, Gerry Conway, Christine Collister, and George Galt (who contributed harmonica to MOTL in 2012).

That was a bold move letting a couple of interlopers into that illustrious company Wink  Any chance of a photo or two?

David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #1970 on: August 23, 2023, 08:36:14 PM »

I have autographs signed both Peggy and Dave Pegg. At a Peggy/PJ gig I asked Peggy to sign their CD and was talking to him about our Labrador puppy called Matty after a certain song. When I got home, I found he had signed the CD “To Matty, best barks, Peggy”!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1971 on: August 23, 2023, 10:18:04 PM »

That was a bold move letting a couple of interlopers into that illustrious company Wink  Any chance of a photo or two?

When I get home I will proudly republish it
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1972 on: August 24, 2023, 09:38:59 AM »

I don't much go in for getting things signed, but here is my original Gladys Leap LP, bought from and signed by the band at my first Fairport gig (Sheffield, Jan 1986)

* Gladys signed (1008 x 756).jpg (149.39 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 378 times.)

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1973 on: August 24, 2023, 09:54:32 AM »

I don't much go in for getting things signed, but here is my original Gladys Leap LP, bought from and signed by the band at my first Fairport gig (Sheffield, Jan 1986)

DM kind of missed the point there, didn't he...  Wink Grin

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1974 on: August 24, 2023, 11:17:30 AM »

DM kind of missed the point there, didn't he...  Wink Grin

Grin Grin

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
iandiddams

« Reply #1975 on: August 24, 2023, 11:28:19 AM »

:-)

Thats two of us of then :-)

* GL.jpg (132.11 KB, 945x1259 - viewed 344 times.)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1976 on: August 24, 2023, 03:26:58 PM »

DM kind of missed the point there, didn't he...  Wink Grin

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1977 on: August 25, 2023, 09:30:35 AM »

Has anyone got contact with the band themselves...as there's a seller https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/camilaha49 selling knock-off copies of three Fairport shirts:  Cropredy 1992, Winter Tour 1993 and Fame and Glory on their eBay page?  They should be able to stop that pretty quickly if they wanted to...

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1978 on: August 25, 2023, 11:10:08 AM »

Has anyone got contact with the band themselves...as there's a seller https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/camilaha49 selling knock-off copies of three Fairport shirts:  Cropredy 1992, Winter Tour 1993 and Fame and Glory on their eBay page?  They should be able to stop that pretty quickly if they wanted to...

Is there not a contact email on the website?

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1979 on: August 25, 2023, 11:35:00 AM »

Is there not a contact email on the website?

Cheers.  I've sent them the details

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: