TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Woodworm Archives CDs  (Read 29458 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »

I seem to recall I sold AT2/The Boot on eBay once for about $250. This is something like 8 years ago; a copy I found by chance on a Dutch 2nd hand internet marketplace.
But then I had it again about 2 years ago and it went for maybe $50. Funny, that: as far as investments go it's not a good idea ;-)

There was a copy sold on a charity stall on the Cropredy field last year for a fiver.

Cry

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »

With Fairport's permission, I remain able to make copies of AT2/The Boot/The Other Boot available for those who will commit to a charitable contribution equal to the cost of the albums were they available in the shops.

If anyone wants this, IM me.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »

[/quote]

The DVD is a filmed interview with Simon and Peggy.Could be from anywhere/when but my guess is it's from the In Real Time/It All Comes Round Again videos.Just a guess though.
Personally I'd avoid all those other comps,I don't think there's anything that's not on a regular album.
[/quote]

Its a more recent interview, conducted about the time the Quiet Joys Of Brotherhood set came out....say 2004 or so. And I agree with Mike, the multitude of comps would best be avoided unless it winds up being the only way you can get songs from the 80's-90's missing from your collection.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
RobertL

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »

The DVD is a filmed interview with Simon and Peggy.Could be from anywhere/when but my guess is it's from the In Real Time/It All Comes Round Again videos.Just a guess though.
Personally I'd avoid all those other comps,I don't think there's anything that's not on a regular album.
[/quote]

Its a more recent interview, conducted about the time the Quiet Joys Of Brotherhood set came out....say 2004 or so. And I agree with Mike, the multitude of comps would best be avoided unless it winds up being the only way you can get songs from the 80's-90's missing from your collection.
[/quote]

Many thanks guys. I appreciate the advice. - Rob
RobertL

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »

If anyone is interested, I just saw that the U.S. Amazon site has a used copy of the Cropredy '98 Woodworm CD for under $25. I have been hunting a copy for the past couple of years and just bought one myself last week. There were only 1000 of these ever released and for the price - you really can't beat it.

1. Woodworm Swing [Ric Sanders] (3.30)
    2. Close to You [Chris Leslie] (4.43)
    3. The Hiring Fair [Ralph McTell] (7.22)
    4. The Bowman's Retreat [Ric Sanders] (3.02)
    5. Easy to Slip [Lowell George, Martin Kibbee] (4.03)
    (with Chris While, vocals; PJ Wright, slide guitar; Pete Zorn, percussion, backing vocals; Rabbit Bundrick, Hammond organ; Maartin Allcock, piano)
    6. Jump the Broomstick [Michael Harding] (4.39)
    (with Chris While, vocals; Pete Zorn, saxophone; PJ Wright, pedal steel guitar; Rabbit Bundrick, piano; Maartin Allcock, Hammond organ)
    7. Ringing Down the Years [Dave Cousins] (8.08)
    (with Dave Cousins, vocals, acoustic guitar; Rabbit Bundrick, piano; Maartin Allcock, Hammond organ)
    8. Who Knows Where the Time Goes [Sandy Denny] (6.31)
    (with Chris While, vocals)
   9. John Gaudie [Chris Leslie] (5.58)
    10. Spanish Main [Allcock / Leslie] (4.47)
    11. Matty Groves / Rutland Reel [Trad. arr. Fairport / Ric Sanders] (10.24)
    12. Meet on the Ledge [Richard Thompson] (7.32)
    (with Chris While, vocals; Rabbit Bundrick, piano; Maartin Allcock, Hammond organ)

plus Bonus Studio Track:
    13. Castle Rock [Alan Simon] (2.34)
    (taken from Excalibur, with Dave Mattacks, drums)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »

If anyone is interested, I just saw that the U.S. Amazon site has a used copy of the Cropredy '98 Woodworm CD for under $25. I have been hunting a copy for the past couple of years and just bought one myself last week. There were only 1000 of these ever released and for the price - you really can't beat it.

Really? Only 1000? I didn't know that. Fortunately I have a copy. Great version of Easy To Slip.
RobertL

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »

Really? Only 1000? I didn't know that. Fortunately I have a copy. Great version of Easy To Slip.

I remember it being a limited run on these. Perhaps due to the DVD being released? But, the DVD didn't have Easy To Slip, along with a few others that were only issued on this disc. Always liked the CD cover as well. Tough one to find!
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »

Got a copy too - I once told Chris While after a gig what a great version of Easy To Slip that was and how it was a nice change for the Sandy slot to contain some of her rockier moments and to hear some Little Feat at Cropredy.She told me to speak to Helen Watson who was supporting Chris and Julie,because she had actually sung with them,which I didn't know.I also didn't know,of course, that the real Little Feat would play at Cropredy some years later.

Well I never did..
RobertL

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »

Picked up a cheap copy of The Quiet Joys of Brotherhood and watched the interview DVD last evening. It is an hour long interview of Simon and Peggy conducted by Jet Martin Celmins (who some will know as a blues guitarist and author of the Peter Green bio, who still opens for Peter Green & Friends on occasion) at Woodworm Studios, Christmastime, 2002. It is a fairly standard interview but thoroughly interesting nonetheless. I always enjoy listening to Simon & Peggy discussing the history of the band and their sense of humor always delights even during the moments when Celmins didn't seem to have a clue. The 2-CD set is also worth having for the inclusion of many of the highlights from Cropredy '86 & '87. In fact, it appears to be but 6-tracks short of being the whole of Woodworm's The Other Boot / The Third Leg (3-CD Set).  

Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 10:38:33 PM »

Finally!  Just won copies of AT2/The Boot and The Other Boot/The Third Leg CDs on eBay.  Been a long time coming.   Grin

Jules

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »

Finally!  Just won copies of AT2/The Boot and The Other Boot/The Third Leg CDs on eBay.  Been a long time coming.   Grin

Jules

And ridiculously cheaply too...congratulations, Jules (bizarrely a tape copy of the Boot sold for £2.96 as well...there really *is* a recession on)....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 07:11:01 AM »

And ridiculously cheaply too...congratulations, Jules

Thanks.  I couldn't believe that I was the only bidder.

Jules

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »

bugger thats my old age pension ballsed up, i was going to get you to make me a ridiculous offer for them in a few years Cry Cry Cry Roll Eyes

The Dude abides
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »

bugger thats my old age pension ballsed up, i was going to get you to make me a ridiculous offer for them in a few years Cry Cry Cry Roll Eyes

It's alright, Jim, I wouldn't have paid that much anyway.   Wink

Jules

RobertL

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »

Jules

Great! Glad you finally got a copy Jules.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »

Great! Glad you finally got a copy Jules.

Thanks, Rob.  And thanks for keeping an eye out for me.

Jules

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: