TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:02:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Woodworm Archives CDs  (Read 29463 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »

Boots, I think

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 08:29:55 AM »

Aussie fan club releases. More info + tracklisting here:

http://www.musikfolk.co.uk/expletive-delighted/album-herelive.htm

http://musikfolk.co.uk/expletive-delighted/album-morelive.htm

Good quality recordings, worth getting hold of.

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »

Boots, I think

Not boots at all, I don't think - they were put out by Fiddlestix Fanclub on tape...with permissions

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »

Oooh, ok - got the others, but totally missed these

RobertL

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 04:12:14 AM »

Aussie fan club releases. More info + tracklisting here:

http://www.musikfolk.co.uk/expletive-delighted/album-herelive.htm

http://musikfolk.co.uk/expletive-delighted/album-morelive.htm

Good quality recordings, worth getting hold of.

Many thanks. Checked out the link and looked it up in the booklet from the Fairport Unconventional box. Hope someone like Raven or Talking Elephant get around to these!
folkfreak (Alexander)
My EMI doesn't have the dropouts

Loc: Ludwigshafen, Germany

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »

I wouldn't agree on good quality recordings. The mixes are pretty bad. I believe they were monitor mixes or so. Fiddle and drums are far too loud sometimes and all is very uneven.

Cheers
Alex
RobertL

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »

Interesting to see the Woodworm CD releases of AT2/The Boot and The Other Boot/The Third Leg up for bid on ebay today. Someone also has the cassette tape collection posted. Wonder what they'll go for?
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 07:17:38 AM »

Interesting to see the Woodworm CD releases of AT2/The Boot and The Other Boot/The Third Leg up for bid on ebay today. Someone also has the cassette tape collection posted. Wonder what they'll go for?

Shhh, dammit!!!   Roll Eyes  Cry

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
RobertL

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »

Jules

Ah... So it was you then Jules! I wondered who the bugger was who outbid me! Wink
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »

I wouldn't agree on good quality recordings. The mixes are pretty bad. I believe they were monitor mixes or so. Fiddle and drums are far too loud sometimes and all is very uneven.

Cheers
Alex

Of course it's all in the ear of the listener, but having skimmed the cassettes would comment as follows. Obviously, it is not an audiophile recording, but a raw document that doesn't appear to have been "fiddled" with. All the instruments are present, even Simon's guitar, so often lost under Maart's lead, is happily audible. Mattacks might be (deliciously) well up in the mix, but neither he nor Ric are overbearing. There is an FM broadcast, from Adelaide, about a fortnight after the "Here Live Tonight" Canberra show, that to my ears has been mixed to the point of politeness. "HLT" is a nice document of a relatively new band having fun & it's quality stands up well against the "Boot" sets. It would also make a great addition to the Woodworm Archive series.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
RobertL

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »

Jules

Ah... So it was you then Jules! I wondered who the bugger was who outbid me! Wink

It went for 64.20.. crazy for a 3 CD set.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »

£41 for the first set, and £64 for the second...there really is a recession.... They were regularly hitting 3 figures each a year or two ago...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 07:17:16 AM »

£41 for the first set, and £64 for the second...there really is a recession.... They were regularly hitting 3 figures each a year or two ago...

I nearly got the first one - was pipped by a pound.   Sad

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »

someone is sending far too many copies out!

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 10:37:57 AM »

That pesky supply and demand, eh?  Smiley  Still no takers for the tapes at £120, mind..lol..

RobertL

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »

That pesky supply and demand, eh?  Smiley  Still no takers for the tapes at £120, mind..lol..

I saw that. Unbelievable for cassette tapes.
RobertL

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »

I have a question about the large amount of compilation albums that have turned up over the last decade on such labels as Eureka, Mooncrest, Snapper, Recall, etc.. Most appear to be reissues of material from the various post-'85 recordings with some cropredy tracks added. The exception being 'Journeyman's Grace,' the 2-CD set on Snapper of the complete 2003 Marlowe Theatre concert. Of all these releases are there any other "must have's" out there that are worth checking out?

Also wanted to ask about the Quiet Joys of Brotherhood 2-CD set on Recall that reissues a portion of the '86 & '87 Cropredy sets and includes a DVD. Has anyone viewed the DVD? If so, what are the contents and are they available elsewhere?

Thanks
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »

I seem to recall I sold AT2/The Boot on eBay once for about $250. This is something like 8 years ago; a copy I found by chance on a Dutch 2nd hand internet marketplace.
But then I had it again about 2 years ago and it went for maybe $50. Funny, that: as far as investments go it's not a good idea ;-)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 04:28:22 PM »

I have a question about the large amount of compilation albums that have turned up over the last decade on such labels as Eureka, Mooncrest, Snapper, Recall, etc.. Most appear to be reissues of material from the various post-'85 recordings with some cropredy tracks added. The exception being 'Journeyman's Grace,' the 2-CD set on Snapper of the complete 2003 Marlowe Theatre concert. Of all these releases are there any other "must have's" out there that are worth checking out?

Also wanted to ask about the Quiet Joys of Brotherhood 2-CD set on Recall that reissues a portion of the '86 & '87 Cropredy sets and includes a DVD. Has anyone viewed the DVD? If so, what are the contents and are they available elsewhere?

Thanks

The DVD is a filmed interview with Simon and Peggy.Could be from anywhere/when but my guess is it's from the In Real Time/It All Comes Round Again videos.Just a guess though.
Personally I'd avoid all those other comps,I don't think there's anything that's not on a regular album.

Well I never did..
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »

I seem to recall I sold AT2/The Boot on eBay once for about $250. This is something like 8 years ago; a copy I found by chance on a Dutch 2nd hand internet marketplace.
But then I had it again about 2 years ago and it went for maybe $50. Funny, that: as far as investments go it's not a good idea ;-)

There was a copy sold on a charity stall on the Cropredy field last year for a fiver.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: