TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:10:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Track bits from Judy Dyble (Me)  (Read 87570 times)
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »

Still waiting for my signed one!! Ordered via Paypal in May

Brian

That's not good.. I will check it out  Sad

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Ady
This film has not yet been rated
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: witney,oxon

« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »

bit brassic Jude at the mo but heard some of the tracks on the myspace page and love the jazzy folky vibe......will def buy a copy after i'm done at towersey......unless i see it in the CD tent there Smiley

keep your mind open!
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2009, 09:50:11 AM »

bit brassic Jude at the mo but heard some of the tracks on the myspace page and love the jazzy folky vibe......will def buy a copy after i'm done at towersey......unless i see it in the CD tent there Smiley

You can buy it from Amazon or HMV if you like, it's cheaper and makes no difference to me, I still get paid!!

Jude  Cheesy

Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2009, 10:16:31 AM »

I bought the CD at the CD tent yesterday and have just listened to it for the first time.

What a fantastic album!!!

I was expecting to enjoy it.  I was expecting it to be a good album.  But I wasn't expecting it to be as good as this.  It really is a GREAT album by any objective standard.  A true classic and one that I will keep bringing out to play for many many years to come.

Tiara
THANK YOU
Tiara

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2009, 10:37:41 AM »

Absolutely stunning album, especially "Harpsong", I've hardly stopped playing it.

Only one complaint Jude, I had to buy a stronger set of reading glasses to read the lyrics and credits, and I'm still struggling!
Bring back vinyl I say Grin

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »

Absolutely stunning album, especially "Harpsong", I've hardly stopped playing it.

Only one complaint Jude, I had to buy a stronger set of reading glasses to read the lyrics and credits, and I'm still struggling!

I tried really hard to make the credits and lyrics bigger, but I was really constrained by the illustrations and borders on the pages. And too many words! Apologies!  

I will put the lyrics and credits up on my website or myspace somehow.. Vinyl will be available in September!!!

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »

I'm feeling very guilty because I bought the CD over the weekend and have not had time to listen to it yet (though that is true of a number of albums). However, I have put it on my Ipod and am off to the gym shortly. Is it suitable for a bit of cross training or should I listen to it in a more relaxed state?
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »

I'm feeling very guilty because I bought the CD over the weekend and have not had time to listen to it yet (though that is true of a number of albums). However, I have put it on my Ipod and am off to the gym shortly. Is it suitable for a bit of cross training or should I listen to it in a more relaxed state?
Harpsong might be suitable for a 20-min workout: starts slow, builds up to a stirring wig-out in the middle, and ends with a soothing cool-down.

However, you might want to put on your Something Nasty in The Woodshed instead
Poor Will (Bill)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »

I tried really hard to make the credits and lyrics bigger, but I was really constrained by the illustrations and borders on the pages. And too many words! Apologies!  

I will put the lyrics and credits up on my website or myspace somehow.. Vinyl will be available in September!!!
Cheers Jude!!

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

Harpsong might be suitable for a 20-min workout: starts slow, builds up to a stirring wig-out in the middle, and ends with a soothing cool-down.

However, you might want to put on your Something Nasty in The Woodshed instead

I gave it a go. Actually it was all quite a good pace for me today as I was a bit tired so it stopped me from pushing myself too hard. It is a lovely album Jude. I particularly like Grey October Day. This is probably a stupid question but is your singing consciously influenced by Joni Mitchell? I just hear little echoes of her phrasing in there, which is delightful.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »

I gave it a go. Actually it was all quite a good pace for me today as I was a bit tired so it stopped me from pushing myself too hard. It is a lovely album Jude. I particularly like Grey October Day. This is probably a stupid question but is your singing consciously influenced by Joni Mitchell? I just hear little echoes of her phrasing in there, which is delightful.

My singing is not consciously influenced by anyone as far as I know, GG, I was singing this way before I ever heard Joni sing. Nor Julie Andrews either Grin Shocked

Glad it didn't wear you out!!

Zoe
The answer's yes... now, what was the question?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Whittlesey

« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2009, 03:17:16 PM »

HMV in Leamington today

[attachment deleted by admin]

Its a fact that all the good words hang out in all the bad places
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »

Lovely!! Grin Cool

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2009, 03:20:26 PM »

My singing is not consciously influenced by anyone as far as I know, GG, I was singing this way before I ever heard Joni sing. Nor Julie Andrews either Grin Shocked

Yes I knew it was a stupid question and had I thought about the recorded chronology of your early careers I would never have asked it.  Embarrassed

Perhaps Joni is influenced by you!  Smiley
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2009, 03:22:33 PM »

Yes I knew it was a stupid question and had I thought about the recorded chronology of your early careers I would never have asked it.  Embarrassed

Perhaps Joni is influenced by you!  Smiley

Not a stupid question at all, in fact a lot more sensible than some I get asked!! Grin

Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2009, 08:21:57 PM »

HMV in Leamington today

Bought mine from HMV Cambridge yesterday, and it was in the folk chart! Should have taken a pic, but didn't have a camera.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2009, 08:25:04 PM »

HMV in Leamington today

Bought mine from HMV Cambridge yesterday, and it was in the folk chart! Should have taken a pic, but didn't have a camera.

Ooh! how good is that? Cool Grin gringrin Cheesy

Poor Will (Bill)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2009, 08:26:39 PM »

Not a stupid question at all, in fact a lot more sensible than some I get asked!! Grin

[/quote] So, what is your favorite type of cake? Grin

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »

So, what is your favorite type of cake? Grin
[/quote]

Grin Grin Grin

[/quote]

I'm concerned that my earlier post about listening to the album at the gym might have sounded a little flippant. That wasn't my intention. Sadly the only places I really get chance to listen to music in my everyday life these days are at the gym or in the car. I do a lot less travelling for work than I used to so I have lost that opportunity to listen. I don't really enjoy working out all that much so it is a lot better if I can lose myself in some music to distract myself from the pain and boredom. It does not need to be fast and frantic to work. The only things I have had to give up on at the gym are early Genesis & Leonard Cohen!  Grin But I have first encountered and grown to love lots of new music on the exercise bike. It is so much the better if it enables me to forget where I am. I was listening so intently to the lyrics on Talking With Strangers today that it certainly did that. I might actually have some time at home this weekend, a rare opportunity to actually sit and relax in the company of a few CDs and this will be top of the pile.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »

I don't mind where it gets listened to, so long as it gives pleasure when it is played  Cheesy Kiss

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: