TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:23:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard Thompson interview in The Word  (Read 4994 times)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« on: August 18, 2010, 09:47:48 PM »

The new album, Iain Matthews, Sandy Denny, Joe Boyd and more. The whole magazine is online here - http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1F4c59837c66f44012.cde -

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:56:23 PM »

Thanks. Does that mean The Word is giving away its contents for free online now, I wonder? I nearly bought a copy yesterday.

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
Shane (Skirky)
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:29:35 PM »

Thanks. Does that mean The Word is giving away its contents for free online now, I wonder? I nearly bought a copy yesterday.

Subscribers get sent a link to the online edition about two weeks after the hard copy arrives and are encouraged to share with friends and relations. I guess it's a sort of version of giving away a free copy in hope of encouraging folk to buy the next issue, assuming they enjoyed it. Theoretically I suppose that there's nothing to stop anyone simply sharing the free link every month if they were so inclined.  

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Anna
I'll be Susan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London Colney, near St Albans, Herts

That's her, with the fluteystick...

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

Subscribers get sent a link to the online edition about two weeks after the hard copy arrives and are encouraged to share with friends and relations. I guess it's a sort of version of giving away a free copy in hope of encouraging folk to buy the next issue, assuming they enjoyed it. Theoretically I suppose that there's nothing to stop anyone simply sharing the free link every month if they were so inclined.  

I like that philosophy!  There's still an advantage to subscribing - and for me a real magazine is still nicer than a website.  Good marketing.

Flute player seeks ragtime band...
Sir Robert Peel
Our Man For All Seasons
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:18:16 PM »

A cracking interview with some genuine new insights.

Thanks awfully
Shane (Skirky)
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »

I should point out that there is also an article on musicians and their approach to health insurance in this month's Word which references one Swarbrick (D.) of this parish.

martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 05:30:03 PM »

I enjoyed the Test Match Special article, thanks Shane
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 05:32:06 PM »

I enjoyed the Test Match Special article, thanks Shane

Weird seeing Steve Stills sitting in with Aggers!!  Wish I'd heard that interview....might be around somewhere...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: