TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Boots box set  (Read 18567 times)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 04:20:42 PM »

Couple of US online stores (spinmeround and offwhite) showing a price of $179.99 - release date 26/7/24

Definitely top of my "must buy" list for this year...

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 04:44:45 PM »

Couple of US online stores (spinmeround and offwhite) showing a price of $179.99 - release date 26/7/24

Definitely top of my "must buy" list for this year...

Probably not an awful lot different with the figures having a £ sign in front of them too...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #82 on: Yesterday at 04:58:00 PM »

Here's the full listing: https://dmme.net/massive-box-set-explores-fairport-convention-80s

Due out at the end of July.  Must mention to the family that I have a big birthday this year...

I had some money for my big birthday back in February which I have been saving for this. Give me a pre order link now (preferably from jpc who will probably be 30 or  40 quid cheaper than any UK retailer)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #83 on: Yesterday at 05:25:57 PM »

Here's the full listing: https://dmme.net/massive-box-set-explores-fairport-convention-80s

Due out at the end of July.  Must mention to the family that I have a big birthday this year...

I had some money for my big birthday back in February which I have been saving for this. Give me a pre order link now (preferably from jpc who will probably be 30 or  40 quid cheaper than any UK retailer)

Don't forget to share that with the rest of us when you've got yourself sorted, Al

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #84 on: Yesterday at 05:43:23 PM »

It doesn't yet appear on the Madfish site, so I guess no pre-orders available yet...

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #85 on: Yesterday at 05:53:18 PM »

For our American pals - https://www.importcds.com/it-all-came-round-again-onstage-and-on-air-1982-1990-11cd-dvd-boxset/636551828758

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #86 on: Yesterday at 06:23:33 PM »

The inclusion of the 70s material is, I think, really rather odd.

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #87 on: Yesterday at 08:27:06 PM »

The inclusion of the 70s material is, I think, really rather odd.

It is a bit. Can't remember if any of that was on the BBC box?
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 08:55:53 PM »

Will I get it…you betcha. Will I wish that anything (audio or video) that is a little dodgy was not included…probably! Not drifting here but having just gotten the Horslips box I think in hindsight it could have been chopped down a little, thus reducing cost. Agreed that the very nature of specific years for the box means anything before or after should not be in it.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #89 on: Yesterday at 10:25:31 PM »

Will I get it…you betcha. Will I wish that anything (audio or video) that is a little dodgy was not included…probably! Not drifting here but having just gotten the Horslips box I think in hindsight it could have been chopped down a little, thus reducing cost. Agreed that the very nature of specific years for the box means anything before or after should not be in it.

I have seen a FB post subsequent to that I itial listing suggesting that is wrong and with a different listing from a US retailer which does not include the 70s stuff. Posted by Colin Harper(?) I believe.

Gotta say I disagree about the Horslips box. It is all essential to me even though there are bits of it that I may not listen to again. And there is more to come!
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #90 on: Yesterday at 11:08:36 PM »

I have seen a FB post subsequent to that I itial listing suggesting that is wrong and with a different listing from a US retailer which does not include the 70s stuff. Posted by Colin Harper(?) I believe.

Gotta say I disagree about the Horslips box. It is all essential to me even though there are bits of it that I may not listen to again. And there is more to come!

Fair enough on both points. I guess what I mean on Horslips is that there is a certain percentage of inferior audio on some of the live discs which could have made it a wee bit leaner perhaps. Happy to have it though! And happy that Fairport will have a Madfish release! The quality of the book alone will be worth it!

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: