TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:38:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Nicol: What a lovely man!  (Read 21336 times)
Dr Clive

Loc: Chiswell Green, St Albans

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 11:42:23 AM »

As a postscript to my post on the Hertford gig - we were having a quiet pre-concert drink in a pub down the road from the Corn Exchange when Simon came in with some friends (later to be joined by Peggy), so we just waved to say "hello", and let them have some space, but that nice Mr Nicol came over to our table and said hello, explaining that they'd turned up at the venue to be informed that there was to be a support band! Life as a touring band sure must be full of surprises!

Anyway, nice of Simon to come and say hello to us.

DC
abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »

i know he's lovely.   Grin

it'll be fine.......
tullist/raymond
I'll grab my shield and rhythm stick
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: river forest, illinois USA

the others knew nothing about spekkatacles

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »

I went back to the start of this thread to see what it was that made this Simon specific, because as we all know it could well read FC, what a lovely man. Each and every member right down to Rob B of the more recent decades and including RT and probably including most of the Fairports I have not met and an extremely dear woman who was their first singer have been without question the most friendly people I have met in the entertainment business with maybe a handful I would add from the music world, and one from sports. I know I have been 30 years grateful for the amount, I think 6, of Fairports who have been willing to have a go with that unit from whom I take my  name here, where the air of conviviality is considerably less, and in pockets, non existent. Clever of Simon to have avoided this, as I recall at the Swarb party, he announced, "You couldn't afford me!"

"Be this gung or be this ho may glorious battle resurrect you"
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »

I'd like to add my appreciation of Mr Nicol as I've just received some cds he sent me for my radio show. I've received cds from various artists over the last 11 months but apart from Simon's generosity what is great is the personal touch. So often when I send begging emails for cds it gets passed on to some member of their support team and I never actually hear from the musicians themselves, so for Simon to reply to my request in person is just really nice.

Cool

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »

You've made me feel all self-conscious now putting "So often when I send begging emails" as my custom title. Embarrassed

Unlike Mike Harding, who I'm sure gets more CDs sent to him than he knows what to do with, at our little (skint) community radio station we have to beg, borrow or steal in order to get new music to feature on our shows. I'm not big on the whole stealing thing but do borrow cds from the local library. Maybe a better way to put it is to say I send requests to artists for cds.

Better go - time to feed the cat.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: