TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:48:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2024 - Wishlist  (Read 13404 times)
markwood

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2023, 11:01:15 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again and again and...!!), I'd love to see a reunion of Robin and Barry Dransfield but I don't suppose there's even the slightest chance of that now.
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2023, 01:31:16 PM »

There's a name from the past. I have got the classic "Dransfield - The Fiddler's Dream" album. Does anyone know what happened to R & B Dransfield?

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2023, 05:12:35 PM »

Barry Gibb

The Bee Gees are some of the top song writers of all time. If the field could dance along (and it did!) to Freak Out and Material Girl, they’d definitely dance to Stayin’ Alive and You Should Be Dancing  Cool I know I would!

This is only slightly tongue-in-cheek…  Wink

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2023, 05:18:57 PM »

Barry Gibb

The Bee Gees are some of the top song writers of all time. If the field could dance along (and it did!) to Freak Out and Material Girl, they’d definitely dance to Stayin’ Alive and You Should Be Dancing  Cool I know I would!

Does he still play live?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2023, 05:52:43 PM »

Barry Gibb

Does he still play live?
I think his arthritis is pretty bad now.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2023, 08:06:59 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I'd love to see Dawes on that stage.  Not sure if they ever play outside the US though.  I'd also like the reunited Long Ryders.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2023, 08:55:13 PM »

Rhiannon Giddens is an amazing purveyor of folk and roots music. Her 2023-2024 tour concludes in Austin next May and we'll be there. She's free in August.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2023, 09:37:04 PM »

Barry Gibb

Does he still play live?
I think his arthritis is pretty bad now.
Time is a funny thing. I was thinking he’d played the Legends spot at Glastonbury recently - turns out it was 2017! Anyway, he won’t be at Cropredy…

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2023, 10:34:37 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I'd love to see Dawes on that stage.  Not sure if they ever play outside the US though.  I'd also like the reunited Long Ryders.

Saw them at Shrewsbury a few years ago and they have also backed Conor Oberst on a UK tour.

ddratb

Loc: New Jersey US of A

dave

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2023, 10:44:42 PM »

I think John Fogerty ( of CCR fame)   would go down well at Cropredy.  Tours frequently and very good show.

This space available
Bernie

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2023, 12:03:43 AM »

I would quite look forward to that!!  Real protest band during the Vietnam war years ....
There is a band doing  a tour at the moment I saw at the GBFF at Skegness ....2016 I think called Clearwater Creedence Revival, a bunch of guys from Yorkshire. They were Excellent. Brought the house down. Would highly recommend...booked for the Lowther Pavillion in Lytham 27th of this month. Certainly looking forward to that and reliving memories of the late 60's when we were were all much younger and better looking 😁😁🤣😂🤣😂
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2023, 01:13:03 PM »

I would quite look forward to that!!  Real protest band during the Vietnam war years ....
There is a band doing  a tour at the moment I saw at the GBFF at Skegness ....2016 I think called Clearwater Creedence Revival, a bunch of guys from Yorkshire. They were Excellent. Brought the house down. Would highly recommend...booked for the Lowther Pavillion in Lytham 27th of this month. Certainly looking forward to that and reliving memories of the late 60's when we were were all much younger and better looking 😁😁🤣😂🤣😂

There's a band from Leeds called Creedence Clearwater Revival Revival. Are they who you're thinking of? If so, I'll second your opinion. They put on a terrific show.
Peter H-K
inexperienced in matters ebayular

Loc: North Lancashire

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2023, 07:23:57 PM »

Surely there must be a tribute band by now called Not the Hoople.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2023, 09:09:27 PM »

What about the real thing?

StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2023, 09:12:43 PM »

Hmm, a 70s disco band. Not sure if they're still going anyway?

My coat's on....

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2023, 10:39:54 AM »

I'm always surprised Hunter has never made an appearance...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2023, 12:32:05 PM »

I'm always surprised Hunter has never made an appearance...
I did hear a rumour that Mott were replaced by Brian Wilson late on. Cant back it up at all, it was from an overheard conversation at the car boot.

giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2023, 02:12:15 PM »

I saw The Magpie Arc, featuring Martin Simpson, Nancy Kerr and Findlay Napier at FolkEast last weekend. Proper rollicking folk rock - they'd go down a storm at Cropredy, I think.

Yes please
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2023, 07:28:34 PM »

The next step up from Nile..

George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic

Well I never did..
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2023, 10:01:52 PM »

The Mutter Slater Band would be good early day fare on any day of the festival.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: