TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 16, 2024, 12:41:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fotheringay video!!! online  (Read 33757 times)
Alex Lyons

Loc: Blackhill, Consett, Co Durham

"For a fat lass ya divvent sweat much"

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 02:03:04 PM »

Are those facts you're offering, or opinions?

Seems mildly confrontational, Pete.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on anyone, just answering the question "why ever did they break up so soon?". Without Joe Boyd persuading Sandy to go it alone, the band would have made a second album, and who knows what would have happened then...

As for facts vs opinions, it's very hard to have facts in a subjective matter like this, but it's an informed reading of the situation based on the opinions, comments, etc of the band members - including Sandy - and Joe himself, so it's pretty much factual I would say.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »

didnt i read some time ago that JD was tweaking the tapes Shocked of the 2nd album ready for a release?

The Dude abides
Keith
Mostly Harmless
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Land of the Reivers, Scotland

Trying to save himself.

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 03:39:20 PM »

Are those facts you're offering, or opinions?

Seems mildly confrontational, Pete.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on anyone, just answering the question "why ever did they break up so soon?". Without Joe Boyd persuading Sandy to go it alone, the band would have made a second album, and who knows what would have happened then...

As for facts vs opinions, it's very hard to have facts in a subjective matter like this, but it's an informed reading of the situation based on the opinions, comments, etc of the band members - including Sandy - and Joe himself, so it's pretty much factual I would say.

I think Joe will be pretty frank about this matter in his new book - certainly the extracts I've heard don't pull any punches.

Already free, and soon you can pay for it...

www.underminers.org
mikemush

Loc: Harlow,Essex :-(

"In his forties,and still unusual" H.Rawlinson

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 03:43:39 PM »

And here's a nice one for any other fellow Beatles nuts out there who are also a bit into Python.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8w7dA4eXzwo

I actually ave the track somewhere on a Harrison bootleg but I've never seen it :-)

Koen

On the George Harrison theme.........just found this :   http://youtube.com/watch?v=5e7iKfkfpHE&search=George%20Harrison

Never heard of this guy, but he can certainly play.........

"Aha! As I anticipated,things have gone wildly beyond my control"  Professor Nebulous
Pat Helms
Long live Freewheelin' Franklin!!

Loc: E. TENNESSEE

Often wrong.....never in doubt

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 02:29:29 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UzeGb8PZe4g&search=sandy%20denny%20fairport%20convention%20bob%20dylan

I was real tickled to see the One & Ten BBC performance for the first time!  Pure heaven!!  Grin Grin Grin
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 03:38:07 PM »

Yessssssssssssssss, and this is also the footage which was first unearthed at the Sandy biography launch in ... I think 2000. The shorter URL being http://youtube.com/watch?v=UzeGb8PZe4g

So now this is it as far as I know, all known good quality video there is of Sandy (not counting the 1974 B&W audience tape part of which was on the It All Comes Round Again video ... which really isn't that good but apparently it was all that could be used then).

Glad to see it finally viewable for everyone.  Grin

Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2006, 09:15:19 AM »

Thanks for all of this, Koe.

Sitting quietly watching her made me think: If she was at that stage of her career today, she would have become mega  - compare Nora Jones and others.

PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 11:34:12 AM »

Malcolm, you're right. Way, way ahead of her time. Why else would my 13-year-old daughter love her songs?
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »

Whats Pat Donaldson  the bass player up to these days?

He's living in Canada - last heard of a few years ago playing with the musical circus Cirque du Soleil.
Thanks!

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
NeilMcLaughlin

Loc: Ohio

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 10:11:24 PM »

Yessssssssssssssss, and this is also the footage which was first unearthed at the Sandy biography launch in ... I think 2000. The shorter URL being http://youtube.com/watch?v=UzeGb8PZe4g

So now this is it as far as I know, all known good quality video there is of Sandy (not counting the 1974 B&W audience tape part of which was on the It All Comes Round Again video ... which really isn't that good but apparently it was all that could be used then).

Glad to see it finally viewable for everyone.  Grin

I'd like to add my thanks to those of you responsible for pointing out both the Fotheringay and Sandy video links, as I doubt I'd've ever got to see them otherwise.  Keep pointing out these gems, and I'll keep watching them, although it does seem like those of you in the know are saying that pretty much taps out the supply of Sandy vids.  Such a shame that more doesn't exist, but we are fortunate to have what does, I reckon.

Is it too late to change the way we're bound to go?
Alex Lyons

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 11:28:39 AM »

The full Sandy 'One In Ten' is available as a downloadable file at:

http://rapidshare.de/files/15696425/Sandy_Denny_-_BBC.mpg

Anyone remember watching it at the time?

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Here To Help

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 12:06:05 PM »

time to fess up
 i know i give off the air of a devil-may-care 21st century man about town Afro
but im competely stumped at downloading this vid Tongue
is there any fear of a quick idiots guide to doing it?
please

The Dude abides
Alex Lyons

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 12:13:17 PM »

Just click on the link....alright, the writing what says http:// etc

Then scroll down....gan down...the screen and click the button that says 'Free'

Scroll down the next screen and it'll say "you want to download..." and "please wait 60 seconds" or summat like that. Wait for the 60 seconds and it pops up with a picture of three letters/numbers, type them into the box, click on the download button and tell it which folder to download too.

Should be a piece of...

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Here To Help

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 12:37:31 PM »

no sorry every time i try it i get a no good message
i'll try again later

The Dude abides
Alex Lyons

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 12:44:47 PM »

What's it say like, Jim? It may be summat to do with your network at work so it should work at home later.

MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »

Just tried to down load it and also dont seem to be able to get it.  A message reckons I need to wait another 32 minutes before the down load will continue.  Unless of course I subscribe to the platinum service.

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
Alex Lyons

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2006, 03:08:47 PM »

Sounds like you're sharing an IP address. At home, or where just one computer's on a network, it only lets you download one file every hour/hour & a half/summat like that. Presumably someone else sharing your IP, i.e. someone else at work presumably, is also using Rapidshare. So it's probably a case of getting in quick when the 32 mins are up, or doing it at home tonight.

Martin F

Loc: Bicester

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

"this video has been removed due to copyright infringement"

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
Alex Lyons

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 03:35:18 PM »

Blimey...that was quick, Martin. Lucky I got it as soon as I saw the link this morning then. Wonder if someone's reported it or whatever, or if it's just cos the filename says BBC. If it's the latter it's not the brightest bit of uploading from someone!  Cheesy

MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2006, 06:09:03 PM »

Sounds like you're sharing an IP address. At home, or where just one computer's on a network, it only lets you download one file every hour/hour & a half/summat like that. Presumably someone else sharing your IP, i.e. someone else at work presumably, is also using Rapidshare. So it's probably a case of getting in quick when the 32 mins are up, or doing it at home tonight.
I was at home, so I don't think its my IP thats the problem.  Though I coulld be wrong.  The message also stated that there had been around 180 downloads.

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: