TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gerry, DM & Mary  (Read 3549 times)
fstix (Michael)

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

« on: November 07, 2008, 04:05:36 AM »

From http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pat.richmonds/news.htm via a Mary Hopkin fan site:

October 31 2008
News from Mary Hopkin Music
Recollections to come...

Scary News! The new album, 'Recollections', is now at the pressing plant and features 11 previously unheard tracks sung by Mary...

There were about 30 hefty 2-inch tapes weighing heavily on my mind, and also on my bedroom ceiling," recalls Mary. "They had been gathering dust in my loft for many years, and one morning, I woke up to an ominous creaking sound, as a huge crack appeared in the ceiling. So, with some prodding from my daughter, Jessica, we decided to release them from their dusty boxes before the ceiling fell in."

Some other legendary names appear on the album – Blue Weaver (Amen Corner) on piano, Dave Mattacks (Steeleye Span, Fairport Convention) and Gerry Conway (Fairport Convention, Jethro Tull) on Drums, and Bruce Lynch (Cat Stevens, Richard Thompson) on bass.

The original recordings have now been digitally remixed and remastered at Space Studios in Cardiff, where Mary bases her recording work and record label, Mary Hopkin Music. MHM distributes only on the internet at www.maryhopkin.com

More like I am today than I ever have been before.
temmaharbour
n3wb

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 02:21:39 AM »

The track list has been announced and it looks wonderful...
Recollections CD (2008/9) MHM003

1. Long Time Ago (Jim Croce)
2. Lion Tamer (Stephen Schwartz)
3. Perfect Love (Paul Williams)
4. I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song (Jim Croce)
5. Quiet Moments (Dominic King and Frank Musker)
6. A Leaf Must Fall (Clive Palmer)
7. One Day I'll Walk (Bruce Cockburn)
8. Who's the One? (Mary Hopkin)
9. Last Thing on my Mind (Tom Paxton)
10. Next Time, This Time (Jim Croce)
11. Another Day (Mary Hopkin)
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »

Lovely; Mary Hopkin had/has a sublime voice and can make excellent music with good material, IMHO  Fez

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: