TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:42:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emitt Rhodes (featuring R T)  (Read 4097 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: April 02, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »

May 2010 Uncut has Emitt Rhodes in the Unsung Heroes section.

As we all know, he wrote the superlative Time Will Show the Wiser from the first FC album, but he is suposedly now making a long overdue comeback of sorts with new material set to feature one Richard Thompson.  Hoorah!

(It also reports that all four solo LPs plus 'Tame the Lion' are now available on a double CD Recordings (1969-1973), news of which had passed me by...)  [Just checked - under a tenner on Amazon...awesome value for money!]

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:17:38 PM »

Pictures and things here

http://www.myspace.com/theemittrhodesband

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »

Thanks Jude...

This in particular is a lovely photo isn't it.  Two kind faces.....  Smiley

http://tinyurl.com/yh849am

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Dave Brzeski
I'm seeing an alternate universe

Loc: Peterborough

IM me here before requesting ICQ/Yahoo/MSN

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »

As we all know, he wrote the superlative Time Will Show the Wiser from the first FC album, but he is suposedly now making a long overdue comeback of sorts with new material set to feature one Richard Thompson.  Hoorah!

(It also reports that all four solo LPs plus 'Tame the Lion' are now available on a double CD Recordings (1969-1973), news of which had passed me by...)  [Just checked - under a tenner on Amazon...awesome value for money!]

Hmmmm, I wonder how much duplication there is with the 29 track Merry-Go-Round CD, 'Listen, Listen', which I have already?
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »

Hmmmm, I wonder how much duplication there is with the 29 track Merry-Go-Round CD, 'Listen, Listen', which I have already?

Well, there's 48 tracks on this (all listed with samples on the Amazon link)...

Staffan
Swedes stun easily
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Skärhamn, Sweden

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »

Well, there's 48 tracks on this (all listed with samples on the Amazon link)...

At least tracks 1- 13 on the first CD of "Recordings (1969-1973) can be found on "Listen, Listen".

" -Just a roll, just a roll..."

" -I was 16 now and full of life..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: