TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rising For The Moon  (Read 30510 times)
billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sutton,Surrey

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2007, 07:43:15 PM »

i like a few of the songs especially the title track.it's worth the money just to hear Sandy's singing of the word "lark" at the end of the song.
GS (Graham)

Loc: Dunfermline

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2007, 08:40:09 PM »

[Interestingly, the only FC album not to contain an instrumental]
A pedant writes - Unhalfbricking ?
Just catching up with the Board (thus my belated response to the above).  I remember being hugely disappointed by RFTM at the time of the original release - probably because this line-up was so good live & this just didn't capture them at all.  My view has mellowed over time & I really rather like it now & like several other posters would love to hear Simon have a crack at Restless sometime.

The King sits in Dunfermline toun drinking rather a lot of fine red wine actually.
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2007, 08:59:41 PM »

[Interestingly, the only FC album not to contain an instrumental]
A pedant writes - Unhalfbricking ?
Just catching up with the Board (thus my belated response to the above).  I remember being hugely disappointed by RFTM at the time of the original release - probably because this line-up was so good live & this just didn't capture them at all.  My view has mellowed over time & I really rather like it now & like several other posters would love to hear Simon have a crack at Restless sometime.

Oh yeah.... having heard both the title track and One More Chance on Saturday, I have to agree. This album is sooooo much better live.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2012, 08:42:18 PM »

Settled own for a quiet evening leafing through the (reissue) sleevenotes and gave up due to the low level lighting and .04 font, even though they look interesting. Are they online anywhere?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »

I love this album - the title track, 'After Hallowe'en' and the wonderful 'White Dress' are my favourites.  And am I the only one here who actually likes 'Night Time Girl'? Undecided

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »

One of my favourite Fpt albums with Sandy. Get it for 'One More Chance' . Smiley

(And no, there ain't nothing wrong with 'Night time Girl, really.)
Sir Martin
ignore the signs for the dearie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hebden Bridge

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »

I love this album - the title track, 'After Hallowe'en' and the wonderful 'White Dress' are my favourites.  And am I the only one here who actually likes 'Night Time Girl'? Undecided

Not just you, I like it also.

I always thought RFTM unfairly talked down, presumably because it sounds more like a solo Sandy album then a Fairport one. But theres nawt wrong with that.

It's like the giant, generous, flip you to the world. Industry, the Internet, sport and the flipping Beatles. Flip you all melonfarmers, but especially Paris.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: