TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Convention concerts and set lists.  (Read 3466 times)
KeithP

Loc: France and Italy

« on: August 04, 2006, 09:44:01 PM »

One or two attempts have been made in the past at putting together a list of Fairport Convention concerts throughout their history. However, those that I have seen have been both very incomplete and full of errors.

As I have been collecting Fairport recordings over the years I have found it useful to compile both a concert calendar and, whenever possible, the associated set lists. This is a mammoth task and is still incomplete – in fact I already have a number of set lists I have not yet had time to include.

It now occurs to me that this information may be useful to others. It also occurs to me that other people may have information/recordings that I don’t that could be added to make this a more comprehensive resource. If anyone is interested the database can be found on my home page, the address of which is www.keithparry.org

I have tried to be careful to only add detail that I am certain of, so whilst I would be grateful to receive additions I don’t want to corrupt the data with guesses or vague memories. I am particularly keen to hear of recordings that I don’t have so that these can be added to make the database as definitive as possible.

KeithP

tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: West Sussex

Otis tarda - a slow bird but a great bustard

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 08:57:10 AM »

Thank for posting that, Keith.
I have a FC ticket for a gig at greenwich from way back and i've been trying to pinpoint the year. It's been really bothering me!!! Thanks to your data I've been able to identify it as '74.
good work!

"And dreams let you down; they just let you down,
But they never leave you..."
Mindwarper
Embrace your inner geeky prog freak
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: S.F. Ca. USA

Friendly Drunkard

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 12:35:13 AM »

Hi

I've been reading your database. I saw this:
8 March 1971: Night Ride, BBC Radio (broadcast 3 April 1971) (possibly 'Harvest of Gold' CD, with 'Dirty Linen' from 5 March session?)

Bridge Over the River Ash

Sir William Gower

Sickness and Diseases

Angel Delight

The Lark in the Morning

The Deserter

Lord Marlborough

I've been looking for a live version of Lord Marlborough. Is it a clean recording? Do you know anywhere it is available?

anyway, your list is amazing. I would love to see all the video footage released as dvd(s).

Stop the violens, Visualise whirled peas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: