TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antique Fairport Merchandise  (Read 17679 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 12:02:34 PM »

the pullover (c1982?) which introduced me to the fair Grace

I've still got two of those, one blue & the other black (I think - buried deep in the clothes cupboard) of slightly different designs (of sweater, the embroidered logo is the same).....

Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 01:08:44 PM »

Just re-found in the back of my desk drawer -- beer mats from 1990 to 1994 inclusive with map on reverse and list of acts etc on front.. These were sponsored by Waddies but supplied to the village pubs as well, from where I recall taking them!
Cocker Freeman
Young Salt
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Maldon, Essex

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 02:47:16 PM »

Yeah, I've got 1996 beer mats somewhere. Don't think they've got a map on them though.

I don't mean I've got one thousand, nine hundred and ninety six beer mats, by the way. It's what they used to call the years back in the last century, you know.

Pugwash
Left hand down a bit
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: The East Midland Sea, currently.

The star formerly known as Gareth

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »

Tankard on Ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FAIRPORT-CONVENTION-CROPREDY-1997-STONEWARE-TANKARD_W0QQitemZ190012345820QQihZ009QQcategoryZ90838QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Edd
n3wb

Loc: Adderbury

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 05:03:09 PM »

How about Cropredy posters?  Are there any particular ones that are rarer that others?
Edd
n3wb

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 06:14:37 PM »

That'll be a NO then?!!? Huh Cheesy Huh
Alex Lyons

Loc: Blackhill, Consett, Co Durham

"For a fat lass ya divvent sweat much"

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 06:17:35 PM »

Grin

Sorry Edd, probably nobody answered as it's a bit unanswerable really. The obvious answer is the older ones - certainly pre-1990 I would think - but other than that it's very hard to say. Cropredy posters won't be that widespread in general though, Winter tour posters will be much commoner.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
Edd
n3wb

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »

Thanks Alex.  I was just wondering as I have framed Cropredy posters from 1982-1993.  Wondered whether they were worth selling as ther're now in the loft wrapped up.
Alex Lyons

Loc: Blackhill, Consett, Co Durham

"For a fat lass ya divvent sweat much"

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 06:52:34 PM »

No problem Edd. Nearly replied last week but...well...didn't  Wink

They'll certainly be rare, especially the first five or so, and all the more so as a set. Whether or not you could get much money for them is another thing. Generally speaking, Fairport merch isn't really worth that much really. Hard to suggest where/how to try to go about it. I'd have them myself if I had the money but...

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
Dad Volt
Disturber of the Peace
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Preston Lancs

Same as before!

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 07:09:21 PM »

I know how much I paid Dave Pegg for his framed1989 poster last year, it was a fair amount but I probably would have paid more (Did Dave manage to sell all his stuff?)

Happy mainly.
Pam

Loc: f'ing close to water

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 07:31:36 PM »

OK, I know we are moving into merchandise suggestions here bit I'd love to see the return of the FC earthenware pint tankard. I got one of the big coffee mugs a few years ago but something big enough for a pint would be even more useful!!

My blue one pleases me immensely. It just screams "Big drinker!"

(Did Dave manage to sell all his stuff?)

As of a few months ago, he still had the old dartboard. I'd love to have it, but I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic, and I wouldn't know what to offer him for it anyway. And I've already stored transatlantic Fairport-related materials in Batesy's garage once, so not again!

I know it's off-topic, but I did once swap my tent--during Cropredy--to Dave Swarbrick for a very good chicken balti. Perhaps my proudest interaction with anyone in the Fairport family. But I digress.
Joss

Loc: Castle Cary, Somerset

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 08:50:53 PM »

The Fairport 1997 tankard on ebay went for £18
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 09:18:30 AM »

And I've already stored transatlantic Fairport-related materials in Batesy's garage once, so not again!

It's still there, Pam.....!!
(at least, I think it is.....)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: