TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 20, 2024, 08:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old photos  (Read 186946 times)
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »

Where was it exactly?  

There was a previous discussion about this - in what is now Camping Field 7D I think.

As you can see from the pics it was a somewhat smaller affair!
jaypeter (Peter)
ROFLMAFLOFLEBLOF
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:16 PM »

Yeah, field 7 something at any rate. I suppose it would be difficult to park a tanker full of Theakstons so close to a canal these days. A recipe for disaster.
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »

I can't believe those pics are of Chris Leslie!  Grin  However, I am sure EdtheFolkie knows what he is talking about. My goodness, he certainly has improved with age.  (Chris I mean - I can't speak for Ed)  Tiara

I actually like that look- it suits him! Very Macho!

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »

I can't believe those pics are of Chris Leslie!  Grin  However, I am sure EdtheFolkie knows what he is talking about. My goodness, he certainly has improved with age.  (Chris I mean - I can't speak for Ed)  Tiara

I actually like that look- it suits him! Very Macho!

I like the look too, but I'm not sure Chris could ever have really passed for 'macho'.  He's far too gentle in his voice and his face.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Edthefolkie
The relish on the baguette

Loc: East Midlands, UK

Sir John gives me guidance

« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »

Jenny, the last time I was scrubbed up was for this photo of me as n molesworth in st. custard's uniform chiz chiz chiz. (Sorry folks, there are some more old Croppers slides to put up but I gotta clean 'em, they're covered in 30+ years of assorted gunge!)  

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry dear, Rabelais' off
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2011, 07:45:54 PM »

Just spotted these   Smiley Smiley Smiley

I was there in '79. It rained then too! I remember hearing Swarb play a solo in Sloth (I think) and it was just splendid, like music from the spheres .........amid the cow-pats Roll Eyes

'84 was memorable too - my then boyfriend decided that the relationship was over (didn't tell me for a while) as I'd told him how to help when putting up my (unwieldy and idiosyncratically behaved) tent. (I could actually put it up on my own, but didn't want to hurt his feelings Roll Eyes)

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »

Ed you haven't changed one little bit!!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
gower flower (Shirl)
Welsh Undresser
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Sweet synchronicity

« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »

As a matter of fact, I am sure Andy Tuck introduced me to him in Leicester t'other week. Oops!  Tiara

That's not dirt, it's patination!
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »

As a matter of fact, I am sure Andy Tuck introduced me to him in Leicester t'other week. Oops!  Tiara

He can't hear you . I notice he hasn't got his hearing aid in . YOUV'E NOT CHANGED A BIT ED !!!!!

You are what you eat !!!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »

He still hasn't replied....  

YOUV'E NOT CHANGED A BIT ED !!!!!

(Psst we'd better get back on topic...  Wink)

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Jono
free-flowing and painless all weekend

Loc: Wardington

Rosin up the bow...

« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »

And a gent from Chris Leslie's band on cello. I've been meaning to ask Chris who he is, as that particular brain cell has gone after 32 years.

Is that Chris' Brother??? I think it might be. They certainly used to play together I think.

This thread is INSANELY good - should be made 'sticky'. Seeing 1979 pictures... Brilliant! my Mum would have been 'heavy' with child (me!) though not at the festival. I was the first of the Watts family to attend the prestigious event but not until 1995 if memory serves.

Keep scaning those slides folks! Brilliant stuff  Smiley

Here's to it and to it again!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »

And a gent from Chris Leslie's band on cello. I've been meaning to ask Chris who he is, as that particular brain cell has gone after 32 years.

Is that Chris' Brother??? I think it might be. They certainly used to play together I think.

They did, but I don't think that is John Leslie...

If you ever get a chance, go listen to The Ship of Time by John & Chris.  Released in '76, it had a re-release in '02...and bloody marvelous it is too..

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Chris Line

Loc: Essex

Smile! - They're free!

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »

Hi

All the old pics have been great, thanks to everyone for posting.

I didn't attend in '79 as I was at Knebworth. But I did have a distant view of Fairport playing there, sadly no pictures.

I have found one possibly from 1987 at Cropredy. Maart and Ric are both in the group. I'm sure someone will know the correct year.

Quality of picture less than perfect.

I will keep looking for more.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Does anybody read these bits?
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2011, 08:15:29 PM »

They did, but I don't think that is John Leslie...

Geoff March from Decameron, I think.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

Chris, wasn't there myself mind you, but from the clothes the band is wearing it is indeed 1987. Only reason I know is from the It All Comes Around Again documentary...Peggy and Maart's outfits being particularly easy to notice Smiley

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2011, 11:34:57 PM »

Chris, wasn't there myself mind you, but from the clothes the band is wearing it is indeed 1987. Only reason I know is from the It All Comes Around Again documentary...Peggy and Maart's outfits being particularly easy to notice Smiley

Correct. You can even see the film crew on stage there  Wink

1987. Very hot I remember.

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »

Correct. You can even see the film crew on stage there  Wink

1987. Very hot I remember.

Cheers

Nick

But not at night...

The whole thing (largely to do with the Tull appearance I think) moved up a gear in '87...although I seem to remember I was still camping down by what became the cricket pitch.  

I have a large collection (100's) of mid to late 80's photos (many Cropredy, but also including Half Moon warm ups and other gigs) which I picked up off eBay for pennies a few years back...I've never been able to identify the photographer although some ideas have been suggested.  I must get around to digitising them all one of these days, although the copyright issues have always put me off...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2011, 10:24:21 AM »

It's unlikely anyone can claim copyright of photos bought on Ebay unless they are so marked (all my prints have a sticker)

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2011, 01:13:15 PM »

It's unlikely anyone can claim copyright of photos bought on Ebay unless they are so marked (all my prints have a sticker)

That's what I was going to post. I'm pretty sure unless they could prove that they'd made you fully aware of any copyright they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Funny thing to sell on Ebay tho!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »

That's what I was going to post. I'm pretty sure unless they could prove that they'd made you fully aware of any copyright they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Funny thing to sell on Ebay tho!

I'm pretty certain they were taken professionally...possibly the discarded photos from a particular project...so maybe not that odd...When I have a spare week I'll scan them all in  Wink Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: