TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:02:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Wintour dates  (Read 134131 times)
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2012, 01:12:17 AM »

Anvil, Basingstoke this evening- fabulous!
Lovely to see Dan O and Martin D there too Smiley

Lovely to see you too, Viv (and Martin, of course). It was an evening of many highs - Kieran Goss was very enjoyable, and FC were on superb form. So good that I'm seriously considering catching another date on this tour if I possibly can...
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2012, 07:21:30 AM »

It a bit worrying for cropredy if htey not taking credit cards and not selling merchandise  Undecided

it will be a sparse Fairport tent

Cry Cry
Viv G

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2012, 08:06:12 AM »

It a bit worrying for cropredy if htey not taking credit cards and not selling merchandise  Undecided

it will be a sparse Fairport tent

Cry Cry

I can't imagine they wouldn't take  credit cards at Cropredy. Surely it would be daft to expect people to camp for a weekend with vast amounts of cash on them? All our cash goes on 6x and curries!
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2012, 09:01:10 AM »

Anvil, Basingstoke this evening- fabulous!
Lovely to see Dan O and Martin D there too Smiley

Lovely to see you too, Viv (and Martin, of course). It was an evening of many highs - Kieran Goss was very enjoyable, and FC were on superb form. So good that I'm seriously considering catching another date on this tour if I possibly can...
Maybe see you at Chichester then?

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »

Who is doing the sound this year??

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »

Who is doing the sound this year??

John Gale : close-knit Fairport family member as producer of their current recordings
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

Thanks.

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
AdrianW
always good to have a target to miss
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Cheshire

"The weird bloke"

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »

Too tired to drive to Leamington Spa. Anybody want to risk using my e-ticket? email me your email address.

-- Adrian
I cried for madder music and for stronger wine,
scarabus (Kevin)

Loc: Hertfordshire

Cutting wood whenever convenient

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »

Is it only me that feels increasingly weary about the way venues treat ticket buyers? Almost as if we're an inconvenience in the process, liable to give the ticket to a friend at the last minute, or change our plans because of some unforeseen circumstance - how dare you!
I love the Union Hall in Islington, but I resent having to have a temporary tattoo in case I want to nip out at any stage for a fag or a pint across the road. And boy do I resent having to pay a £2.30 service charge on a £23 ticket when I've bought the damn thing online with no human input at their end whatsoever.
Don't get me wrong... hearing Chris Leslie sing the Cell Song live is worth a kidney, let alone £25.30 all told, but please (venue, not the band) don't treat me like something you've scraped off your shoe.

Loganberry jam is another kettle of fish
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »

Another brilliant evening at the Spa Centre in Leamington last night, with the chaps in fine form

Couple of minor glitches, with Peggy losing a pickup connection on his mandolin and Gerry playing the wrong intro to the last tune before the break to much hilarity both on and off stage.

A week into the tour and the set seems to have settled down nicely and the chaps certainly seem happy with life.....

S&J

billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sutton,Surrey

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »

A strange ending at Croydon last night.Was there an encore ? I left after about half the crowd had gone , was hoping to get a couple of items signed but no band members appeared in the foyer - unless they went  back on stage.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:18 PM »

Is it only me that feels increasingly weary about the way venues treat ticket buyers? Almost as if we're an inconvenience in the process, liable to give the ticket to a friend at the last minute, or change our plans because of some unforeseen circumstance - how dare you!
I love the Union Hall in Islington, but I resent having to have a temporary tattoo in case I want to nip out at any stage for a fag or a pint across the road. And boy do I resent having to pay a £2.30 service charge on a £23 ticket when I've bought the damn thing online with no human input at their end whatsoever.
Don't get me wrong... hearing Chris Leslie sing the Cell Song live is worth a kidney, let alone £25.30 all told, but please (venue, not the band) don't treat me like something you've scraped off your shoe.

Most theatres use a rather large abacus to mark up their fizzy excuses for alcohol too. Its no wonder folk feel the need to nip outside.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2012, 12:35:13 AM »

Just home from the gig in Lincoln...  wow it was brilliant...

Superb songs, superb banter, superb everything tonight!!

So glad to be going again too later in the month..

If you haven't got tix yet, please make sure you get them.. they really are on form  Smiley Roll Eyes

Dave B
Bring back the Clangers

« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2012, 12:47:19 AM »

If you haven't got tix yet, please make sure you get them.. they really are on form  Smiley Roll Eyes

Seconded - superb indeed!  
Penguin (Dunc)
O RLY?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Royton, Lancashire

The Wrong Side of Weird!

« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »

Hope we can get to the Lowry for the gig tonight, the snow has been falling since about 1:00pm.

Having been to Burnley or Huddersfield over the years it would be ironic if the weather stops us from nipping round the M60 to Salford!!!

It Doesn't Stop Being Magic Just Because You Know How It's Done!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »

Seconded - superb indeed!  

Good to see you both there Dave!

Penguin (Dunc)
O RLY?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Royton, Lancashire

The Wrong Side of Weird!

« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »

Well we managed to make it through the blizzard to get to the Lowry last night, and we're really happy we made the effort. Fairport are on top form, and the selection of songs included many of my personal favourites. Won't put any spoilers in, but if you haven't got a ticket for an upcoming show, and there are still some available, I'd recommend getting hold of one!

Also, really enjoyed Keiran Goss - Such a nice chap!

It Doesn't Stop Being Magic Just Because You Know How It's Done!
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »

Palace Theatre, Southend-on-Sea...just on my way  Grin Looking forward to it.

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2012, 07:30:50 AM »

Palace Theatre, Southend-on-Sea...just on my way  Grin Looking forward to it.

....and to quote myself.....

Risked life and limb to drive, park, walk on frozen icy roads and pavements but it was worth it. They were fantastic, enjoyed it very much, bought the album and got it signed after the show.

I have a new word now, its called 'AlzSimon's' hehe....Simon had brain-freeze due to the bad weather conditions and plus a freezing cold old theatre!! He just could not get further than the first line on Ralph's 'Red & Gold'

First attempt: "By Cropredy in Oxfordshire the Cherwell takes its course and the......"

2nd: "By Cropredy the Cherwell...." Urr something about willows......Simon: "Trouble is the last verse and the first are almost identical!!" hehe....

Erm..."Help me out someone..." (Well I was singing away willing him to remember!")

Peggy: "Well I can't help cos I'm only a bass player..."  Grin

BUT once all the grey matter had reshuffled Simon sang it so beautifully and perfect right to the end.

Aaaah.... at Chris singing' Cell Song', 'Rosie' and 'Hexamshire Lass', fantastic! Loved the banjo playing too on Matty.

Leon had cooked them a fantastic back stage veggie meal and his delightful daughter danced so beautifully on stage to open up the show when they all went a bit 'Motown'  Wink

Enjoy the rest of the tour, it was a lovely evening.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:44:27 AM by JJ » Logged

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »

Heads still spinning from negotiating the High Wycombe traffic system(!!) on the way  a chilly Swan Theatre last night.

Venue not packed, but a pretty good and enthusiastic turnout for a freezing midweek.

Chaps seemed fairly relaxed and the new/old material is well bedded in by this stage of the tour......Farewell, Farewell and Fotheringay, two songs which might not have worked with this lineup are absolutely brilliant. We even got a banjo/IKEA Matty to close.

Band now off to Bury St Eds, birthplace of the Magna Carta, Greene King Ales.....and Martin Driver.

S&J
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: