TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:44:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wintour 2011  (Read 80248 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »

Buit who has said that they will do BL on this tour?....that's what I meant....

Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:07 PM »

I'm sure someone mentioned it at Cropredy, or I read it somewhere.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:44 PM »

Buit who has said that they will do BL on this tour?....that's what I meant....

I seem to remember they did, didn't they?  Quite a while back.  Oh, someone will find the quotes...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
dooovall [Daniel]

Loc: Ohio

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2010, 08:50:01 PM »

Though I live in Ohio and thus cannot attend the winter tour in person, I hope that perhaps select pieces of music from it will surface on an official live album at some point in the future.  Songs I'd love to see the current lineup dig into: Light of Day & Heart of the Song (both of which they've performed live in the past) plus Sloth.  I really want to hear the current lineup interpret Sloth with no guests.  
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2010, 09:11:41 PM »

Why all the fuss about what's going to done or not done? You go to a Fairport gig and you get Fairport in form or another.  Simon, Peggy and the chaps will provide and everybody will enjoy, trust me I know  Wink Fez

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »

No fuss, Dave - it's just that, almost out of the blue, people started talking about BL being part of the FC tour.

As you know, this board is public and I didn't want to see a rumour (if that what it is) blamed on us....

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »

Simon said at Cropredy something like 'This is a small selection from something that may well form a substantial part of the winter tour' when introducing the BL bit.I'll check the recording which doesn't exist that I don't have.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »

No fuss, Dave - it's just that, almost out of the blue, people started talking about BL being part of the FC tour.

As you know, this board is public and I didn't want to see a rumour (if that what it is) blamed on us....

Don't be so precious, man...this place is all about rumours and opinions, with the odd little truth shoved in for good measure  Wink Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

the fc twitter feed has stated the first half will be something different - BL is simply a speculation on that comment from fc hq
Viv G

« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2010, 08:13:19 AM »

Why all the fuss about what's going to done or not done? You go to a Fairport gig and you get Fairport in form or another.  Simon, Peggy and the chaps will provide and everybody will enjoy, trust me I know  Wink Fez

I agree BD Smiley

Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »

Of course  ... it could be Excalibur Wink

Or as someone on the Facebook thread has suggested - the folk version of John Cage's 4' 33"

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »

Why all the fuss about what's going to done or not done?

Well, if the Fairport office put out a teaser to the effect that there's going to be something unusual about the first half of the set on the Winter tour and can anybody guess what it is, then it's hardly surprising that there's speculation about it, is there? It's good PR. I'd be far more inclined to get off my fat arse and go to Colchester to see three quarters of BL than I would all of Sense of Occasion (for example) so it makes good sense to get some speculation going ahead of the box offices opening for business. In short, we didn't start the discussion, they did.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2010, 08:57:44 AM »

Well (thankfully!) it's not...(as officially denied by Fairport's Cropredy Convention Official Page on Facebook).

Look we all know its going to be BL.  They already told us (even if I can't remember where they told us...I know they did  Grin ).

What's the current betting on Swarb being involved?

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2010, 09:13:59 AM »

Well (thankfully!) it's not...(as officially denied by Fairport's Cropredy Convention Official Page on Facebook).

Look we all know its going to be BL.  They already told us (even if I can't remember where they told us...I know they did  Grin ).

I think Simon's wording from the Cropredy stage when introducing the BL songs was along the lines of them being from a longer suite of songs that may be finding a new home on the winter tour.

Curse this for being the first tour in years when they haven't played in Worthing!

Can't see Swarb being involved though, at least not on a regular basis.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »

Sorry to double post. Anyone know if the Union Chapel tickets are on sale yet and from where?

I have just noticed that one is on my birthday and I think I might treat myself if I can talk anyone into going with me.
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »

the fc twitter feed has stated the first half will be something different - BL is simply a speculation on that comment from fc hq

That's what I thought - and people started talking as if it were fact....

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »

I think Simon's wording from the Cropredy stage when introducing the BL songs was along the lines of them being from a longer suite of songs that may be finding a new home on the winter tour.

I'm not thinking of this.  

I'm sure either Simon said on here, or someone said on the official FC news page that BL in 2011 was going to happen...or was it Peggy in the 2009 Cropredy programme or...oh, I don't know but I heard it or read it somewhere and it was from (one of the horses) mouths...  I have.  I have, I have, I have...honest  Grin

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »

I'm not thinking of this.  

I'm sure either Simon said on here, or someone said on the official FC news page that BL in 2011 was going to happen...or was it Peggy in the 2009 Cropredy programme or...oh, I don't know but I heard it or read it somewhere and it was from (one of the horses) mouths...  I have.  I have, I have, I have...honest  Grin

Well... Simon also said during the last wintour that it was an aspiration for the 2011 Cropredy but that aspiration seems to have been brought forward. I think we can take it from his Cropredy stage comment that BL is a pretty safe bet for this year's tour.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2010, 10:36:52 AM »

cant see it, however  Swarb is doing it his way these days and anything is possible
still cant see it

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »

cant see it, however  Swarb is doing it his way these days and anything is possible
still cant see it

If it is in for the whole of the tour then I imagine there'd be a few dates he'd appear at?  Maybe?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: