TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 16, 2024, 06:06:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swarb to write his story !  (Read 5815 times)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« on: July 01, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »

Swarb's just posted this on Facebook:

Recent events, including the loss of a dear friend has prompted me to tell my story, I will start the writing of my biography , I have had an offer of help from a pal that know how to edit and so forth, I will speak to a publisher in the next day or so, and its going to be a blast.

Well I never did..
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:07:56 PM »

Didn't he start doing this soon after he was a guest on TAW?  I hope he does it this time.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »

Well done David.... Lets hear it. Its important to us.... It will be a testing time for you and hopefully
you will be pleased with the finished article. Did i say finished .. a long way to go yet m8 another turn of the pendulum    

Carry on the good work
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:49:06 AM »

Didn't he start doing this soon after he was a guest on TAW?  I hope he does it this time.

Jules

Yes. I thought he had started this a few years ago. We'll see...

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Harbottle (Martin)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Coventry

Hark at me!

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »

Recent events, including the loss of a dear friend has prompted me to tell my story, I will start the writing of my biography , I have had an offer of help from a pal that know how to edit and so forth, I will speak to a publisher in the next day or so, and its going to be a blast.

Strange, I was following Swarb for years, but can't even find him on FB anymore. Must have been something I said! :-)

"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." - Philip Larkin
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »

Strange, I was following Swarb for years, but can't even find him on FB anymore. Must have been something I said! :-)

He's got a public musician page under Dave but his personal page is under David...is that why?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Harbottle (Martin)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Coventry

Hark at me!

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »

He's got a public musician page under Dave but his personal page is under David...is that why?

Yeah, I can see the musician one, but the one I used to be 'friends' is invisible. I *can* see it if I log in as my other FB user, though, a dummy one I set up for some reason. When I try to go to the same link from my main FB account, I just get an error! Denied!

"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." - Philip Larkin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: