TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:04:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Nicol & Ric Sanders live 2003 CD  (Read 494 times)
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« on: April 27, 2024, 12:26:37 PM »

I couldn't add to the earlier topic, so apparently had to make a new one.
The Simon Nicol & Ric Sanders Greetings From Grolloo 2003 live album has arrived here in Zaandam NL! And indeed very pleased with how they look and sound. Sleevenotes are by Simon.
Its online visibility wont be big, yet, because I want to present the three Greetings From Grolloo albums (together, the Folk Grolloo Festival, 1 March 2003 - my first gig venture) as one whole - not as a 'box set', they are available seperately … but they ARE connected - in place, in time and in artwork.

So this one is here as of last week, and can be obtained (PayPal) at 15 Euro plus 9 Euro shipping worldwide (3.50 Euro shipping within Netherlands). However, shipping is considerably less per item when sent together with 1-2 additional. Should you want all three (or just two) I suggest to wait a bit. It saves some dosh. A direct bank transfer (IBAN) is possible too.

Interested: please email info@radzrecords.com. I don't know yet what shipping of all three would be, as I don't know the third album's weight (a double with booklet), but … shipping for two 1CD albums is also 9 Euro total ... I do know that.

The second Greetings From Grolloo album is currently being manufactured and is by Iain Matthews & Ad Vanderveen, with a guest appearance by Ric Sanders, and a sleevenote by Iain. I expect several boxes filled with 'em here 7 May.

The third 1 March 2003 album is a double, by Little Johnny England, and we're currently working on it. I aim for it to be ready 25 May, so it reaches the merch table at the 100th (!) Roots aan de Zaan gig in Zaandam (by the Conservatoire Folk Ensemble). Sleevenotes will be by PJ Wright and this one most likely has a 12-page (or so) booklet.
I am biased, but I think it's one helluva folkROCK album. And certainly a tribute to Gareth Turner, who shone. Mark Stevens (latterday LJE drummer, not on this, where Edd Frost drums) has done some wonders on the sound. It is a folkrock belter.

Anyway. In short, online visibility not big yet, a website will follow (summer, likely), my Discogs seller status is 'pending'. In the meantime I have an avalanche of ideas and material for future Radz Records albums. But first must try and actually sell of what I have and what's coming.

So - interested, see you at info@radzrecords.com :-)

* rsz_1simonric1.jpg (414.82 KB, 1604x1433 - viewed 205 times.)

* rsz_1simonric7.jpg (515.69 KB, 1804x1302 - viewed 202 times.)

* rsz_1simonric4.jpg (512.7 KB, 1571x1425 - viewed 203 times.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 12:41:34 PM by koho (Koen) » Logged
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 03:44:04 PM »

Sounds fantastic, Koen.  I'm definitely interested, but will probably hold off till all three are avaiable to see the shipping costs.

Well done for seeing this through this far!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 04:28:39 PM »

Sounds fantastic, Koen.  I'm definitely interested, but will probably hold off till all three are avaiable to see the shipping costs.

That absolutely does make sense. The CDs won't run away :-)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 05:07:12 PM »

That absolutely does make sense. The CDs won't run away :-)

Fab - I think I'll probably do the same as Will. Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 06:18:19 PM »

Same as Will and David. Chapeau, Koen!

Flobbadob!
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 10:16:53 AM »

And another "pre=order" for all three.....brilliant news.
Thanks Koen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: