TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 16, 2024, 12:21:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Denny. Etc. Rarest Live BBC Top Of Pops 497  (Read 4507 times)
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« on: May 01, 2010, 06:59:57 PM »

Is anyone aware of this it appears to be a BBC transcription disc of Sandy on Top of the Pops, with performances of Dark the Night and Whispering Grass, and Solo plus an interview. Are these versions of these tracks available on something, if so Imagine I already have them.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:13:38 PM by Barry » Logged

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »

Not sure what "this" is, Brendan. Did you mean to include a picture? It sounds like the Bob Harris session from 1973. That was the setlist, with the addition of 'Until The Real Thing Comes Along'. You'll find it on the Live At the BBC box. Interview? Well, it could be the World Service interview which was much hawked around and is also on the BBC boxset.

Philip  

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »

It's an item on ebay appears to be a vinyl transcription disc, of top of the pops, but I didn't know Dark the Night had been performed. Still I am certainly not the font of all knowledge in bthis area.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Kurt

Loc: New Castle , Colorado

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »

I think you can find it here..
http://cgi.ebay.com/SANDY-DENNY-ETC-RAREST-LIVE-BBC-TOP-POPS-497-/270567969207?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Records&hash=item3eff1b91b7

City lights don't shine,they glare
and your music doesn't speak,it swears
and in your streets,the ghosts have forgotten why they're there

Lindisfarne-City Song
Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 10:58:14 AM »

Thanks for the link, Kurt. Now I know what’s being talked about. The musical tracks are, as I suspected, from BBC sessions for Bob Harris or John Peel and available on the boxset. The Rockspeak interview with Michael Wale (April ‘74) hasn’t appeared officially anywhere. There was some discussion of it on the Sandy Denny List recently. An incomplete copy (6’ 55”) is floating around, which is all I've heard. It’s not particularly revealing: she spends an awful lot of time talking about Fairport personnel changes.

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
Edthefolkie
The relish on the baguette

Loc: East Midlands, UK

Sir John gives me guidance

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 11:25:29 PM »

I've got the John Peel session in the loft somewhere - on Scotch (or Scottish for the sensitive Alban) quarter inch tape. Sandy chats to Peely between songs. He's quite amusing as he's nearly kissing Sandy's feet on air, and also refers to Fairport being practically a religion in certain parts of the country. Birmingham?  

Sorry dear, Rabelais' off
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: