TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:05:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albion Band RULTS Re-union  (Read 16389 times)
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »

Will Phil Pickett be part of it?  

I would love to see a gryphon reunion.

I would hope so

And the Gryphon reunion is happening! Yes!!!!

http://www.gaudela.net/gryphon/

And a new album to boot.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
Simon Withers

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »

I love the idea of the 'Rise up' Albion band getting back together to perform and on the note about the Home Service, I'd love to see them play a few shows too. I'd say however that I would like to view any Albion Service / Home Band reformations as two totally different projects rather than some kind of amalgamated event. That I am sure would be unsatisfying for the musicans involved and I guess in reality for most of the audience too.

Several years ago John Tams was going to try and reform the Brilliant Home Service for a show at the Royal Festival Hall(I think this was to be the venue) . Although I am not privileged to any information nor do I wish to speculate I was speaking to Sally Tams (about three weeks ago) after a fine and enjoyable Tams & Coope evening at the Maze in Nottingham. I asked Sally about the aforementioned Home Service gig and it seems that getting the Home Service back together was proving to be rather a complicated affair and although the Will exists for it to happen from the musicians, other factors were making it all rather problematic.

Still you never know it would be fantastic if over the next two years we get the Fairport L&L line up on the road, the Albion Band and the Home Service to boot - but not all at the same time please!

Simon Withers

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 10:07:16 AM »

Going off the topic for just a moment, I have just noticed that I have just clocked up my first 24 hrs of reading on the Fairport  site, some of you must have put in a good deal more time than I. I guess it will be like carring a life sentence so who has clocked up the most time inside!
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 11:46:22 PM »

Oh my what a wonderful thought... RULTS definitely bracketed for all-time-fave, I would be extatic for any combination of that era Albions/Home Service. The thought that this year John Tams and Ashley will be in the same part of Oxfordshire has me holding my breathe...
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »

RT was never part of this line up, so why should he join in?  He wasn't even a guest guitarist on the album, just backing vocals on three tracks. Huh  Sorry, don't understand.

He could join in on vocals, Barry - it'd give his arms a rest!

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Barry
barrY howarD
Global Moderator

Loc: Sidcup, Kent

The best and oldest furniture cannot be rearranged

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 04:18:04 PM »

RT was never part of this line up, so why should he join in?  He wasn't even a guest guitarist on the album, just backing vocals on three tracks. Huh  Sorry, don't understand.

He could join in on vocals, Barry - it'd give his arms a rest!

Jules

Grin

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true.
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »

Still you never know it would be fantastic if over the next two years we get the Fairport L&L line up on the road, the Albion Band and the Home Service to boot - but not all at the same time please!

Oh I dunno - it could be a "Legends" tour.  Wink
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »

Oh I dunno - it could be a "Legends" tour.  Wink

- Funny, but I really can't see our heros as 'Legends' - they are all so very much 'now', having seen a fair number of permutations of personnel in a variety of venues recently, they all seem to be enjoying the music (and most of them the beer) as much now as ever!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: