TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:21:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ambivalent views on Fairport songs: Will Tims is a wuss...  (Read 18897 times)
Mix (Mic)
Cowcatcher for Coocachoo
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Staffs

Once more unto the breech...

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

Great idea for a thread this is  Grin
I said long ago that Will Timms was a wuss, a few drops of the red stuff and 'bang' out he goes (good job they don't do childberth, he'd never have recovered)  Roll Eyes

Tan Lin, Hmm? now it's been mentioned, all this if you rescue me you will love your child stuff, huh! who thinks they're the be all and all then eh? As for Janet, very responsible  Roll Eyes  don't go near the woods says Dad, so not only does she leg it straight off for the trees, but she hoiks up her garments as well!!

This is fun Grin

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
RichardH

Loc: London N19

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »

Michael's girlfriend: "You carry on like that, you're gonna kill me.."

Michael:(ranting, raving, beating at the four walls) "Take that, you raven-like creature"

Michael's girlfriend: "aarrrgh"

(but then he was crazy)

[glad I started this, didn't mean it to carry on quite like this!]
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 03:26:23 PM »

How come that Michael bloke is still about, did he get an ABSO an a slap on the wrist.

the knife amesty didn't work did it
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »

I agree about Polly.  No way will she be on the shore - she'd have been breaking plenty of other hearts before he got halfway to Freeport!

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 04:31:48 PM »

What about the bloke in Hexhamshire Lass? Over the Sadie skye and over the moss and the mire, I want to see my lass that lives in Hexhamshire Look mate, IT'S ONLY A BIT OF MUD!!!!! If he was really that desperate, a bit of mud wouldn't shouldn't put him off.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
Sir Martin
ignore the signs for the dearie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hebden Bridge

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 04:44:08 PM »

Babcome Lee would be a lot shorter if they had used a nice modern lethal injection as well.

It's like the giant, generous, flip you to the world. Industry, the Internet, sport and the flipping Beatles. Flip you all melonfarmers, but especially Paris.
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 04:47:04 PM »

Babcome Lee would be a lot shorter if they had used a nice modern lethal injection as well.

Or Miss Keyes had kept a walther in the bedside cabinet
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 04:55:02 PM »

And as for that daughter of the widow of Westmorland.. was she daft or what??

Fancy letting that fine young man in the Grenadier Guards do that to her.. twice!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Sir Martin
ignore the signs for the dearie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hebden Bridge

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 05:43:04 PM »

Percy's Song - Hire a Lawyer you idiot!

Bonny Black Hare - why run out of bullets after one shot when you could use a machine gun?

I might be missing the point of that one

It's like the giant, generous, flip you to the world. Industry, the Internet, sport and the flipping Beatles. Flip you all melonfarmers, but especially Paris.
clive
Called out for 'Olive'
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Leicester

Why do I always want to learn guitar in August?

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 06:05:44 PM »

I don't care how cold it is, I've no sympathy for the naked highwayman.
He's a footpad and a ne'erdowell.

It wasn't me. The cat done it.
RichardH

Loc: London N19

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »

Ah yes, Percy's song. You hire a lawyer and lodge an appeal. You don't just go and see the judge in his chambers, annoy him so much by whinging on about the wind and the rain so that he throws you out, and then spend all night strumming your guitar.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 07:09:38 PM »

Bugger off to sea for a bit, grow a beard and suddenly your one true love hasn't an idea who you are, spends all her time wandering down by Claudy Banks and then starts pouring her heart out to the first beardy sailor she comes across. Short sighted, or what? A lucky coincidence I calls it.
And as for those interned lads who spent their time roving the highways of Northamptonshire robbing the rich and the poor while the man who gave them away is merely bound for Australia? These days an angry mob would have split their time between waving placards outside his house, bricking his windows, and feeding chips to their menfolk through the gates of the prison.
London Danny? Bewildered wailings decrying a folk Jolene. Front him up man, front him up!
But, essentially, yes, fainting at the sight of blood? And My Own Dear Blood at that. You wouldn't catch Terry Butcher trying that on.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
JohnH
Pace some moments

Loc: Petersfield, Hampshire

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »

Ah yes, Percy's song. You hire a lawyer and lodge an appeal. You don't just go and see the judge in his chambers, annoy him so much by whinging on about the wind and the rain so that he throws you out, and then spend all night strumming your guitar.

And what about Adieu Adieu. The plonker uses "being bought up in a tender state" and "bad company did me entice" as excuses for multiple robbery - well that's not going to get any sympathy is it? Sure, the distribution of wealth wasn't ideal in them days, and the young lad could have come up with loads of good sociopolitical reasons to let him off with just some community service or an ASBO. But no, the idiot just brags about his conquests, whinges a lot, and, just to make sure he really annoys everyone, says "Willow day, willow day" after every utterance.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 09:28:46 AM »

And that Poor Ditching Boy deserves to be poor if he's going to agree to not being paid.  I suggest that he insists on a proper employment contract in future.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Mix (Mic)
Cowcatcher for Coocachoo
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Staffs

Once more unto the breech...

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »

Oh yes on Claudy Banks, now just what was he up to eh? He just happened to be wandering around the docks being all in diguse!!!

What I feel we really need to know here is what happened? He tells her that her laddy has snuffed it, watches her all in despair and tearing out her hair, then.... when he's seen enough.... it's Yoohoo darlin' it's me I ain't deaded after all (just having a bit of a larf gal). Was it really 'happy ever after', or did she do what many a red-blooded woman would do and leave him writhing in agony hanging on to his vitals Grin

I feel we need to know these things Wink

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
GraemeH

Loc: Nottingham

Dark Side of the Penguin

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 01:32:24 AM »

And as for that daughter of the widow of Westmorland.. was she daft or what??

Fancy letting that fine young man in the Grenadier Guards do that to her.. twice!

that's the only way to restore virginity - or so I'm told!

Most of the girls round where I grew up had had several grenadier guards too many for that to work...

This means nothing to me,
The way we were is the way I want to be.
Anna
I'll be Susan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London Colney, near St Albans, Herts

That's her, with the fluteystick...

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »

And back to Tam Lin, what makes him such a catch anyway - if he goes around falling off his horse he can't be much of a knight!

Flute player seeks ragtime band...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: