TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 19, 2024, 05:59:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your CV  (Read 2437 times)
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« on: June 19, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »

Ok, so that's work with Afro-Celts, Jim Moray, Peter Gabriel, Chris Wood and Show of Hands mentioned on the board so far.

Who else have you listed on your CV for work, collaborations, etc? With whom do you have things planned and and who would you like to be able to list on your CV?

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
simon emmerson

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:58:18 AM »

The Imagined Village and the Afro Celts are both very labour and creatively intensive projects that can't be knocked out in a few days so work has to fit around these project which is one of the reasons the IV album took so long to make. I love doing film music and have recently been involved in Hotel Rwanda as well as a brilliant Lebanese film that's just come out on DVD called Bosta, directed by Philippe Aractingi. It's a Bollywood style dance movie all about holding on to tradition and identity in a time of war and globalisation. I got to work in the Lebanon which is an amazing country full of lovely people when it's not getting bombed. One musician I'd loved to have worked with was Captain Beefheart, although he doesn't record any more due to illness and was apparently a tyrant in the studio. My favourite guitarist of all time (aside from Zoot Horn Rollo from the Magic Band) is John Fahey, who is now dead but has been an endless source of inspiration and wonder for me. I would have loved to have worked with Jo Strummer in the Imagined Village as he was really into the idea when I met him at Glastonbury 8'ish years ago before he died. I'd like to do a re-union album with Larry Stabbins from our old 1980's soul jazz band Working Week. My favourite band/artist at present is Dan Le sac vs Scroobious Pip. Check out their/his video on You Tube "Thou Shall Always Kill":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4

Apparently Madonna is looking into doing a electro-pop-english-folk-fusion album all about eroticism, drinking beer and Morris dancing. But she hasn't called yet.

abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »

nice one simon for the heads up on dan le sac vs scroobious pip, we've been loving them since last summer when we first heard that particular track played on zane lowe's radio show! Grin

it'll be fine.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: