TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:17:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Hi-Fi  (Read 2515 times)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« on: July 02, 2008, 09:28:54 PM »

Hi Simon, I'm curious as to what equipment comprises your home hi-fi - do you have something super duper, or do you get your kit from Richer Sounds like a lot of us?

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
simon emmerson

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »

I try to listen to all my final mixes 'off centre' using the same basic gear everyone else does, generally in the kitchen on a portable system whilst cooking and family life going on around me, that way you get a good sense of vocal clarity and the general balance of the instrumentation. If I am not at home I might burn a mix and play it in a car as I am driving around. At home I have an old NAD amp (3020) and a pair of medium sized Tannoys that I brought in 1984 when I signed my 1st big record deal with Virgin. Great bottom end, warm sound etc. I also have set up my decks as I love vinyl and am rediscovering my dads old record collection. My fav studio monitors are KRK although we had a Quested 5:1 set up at Brit row (that's what Martin Russells the main Afro Celt engineer likes, we had Roger Quested in to set the system up). Mass goes for near field Makies which  for home studio recording you can't really beat (2 way active), although I suspect they would get a bit hard on the ears for a home hi fi set up.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »

Yes, I have an old NAD amp, too. Great sound...

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: