TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:00:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expletive Delighted! - Deleted?  (Read 6122 times)
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« on: April 15, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Expletive Delighted! On CD? I have it on viynl and think that it' great, but can't put it onto my MP3 player. Cheers

Ollie

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 08:50:59 PM »

It doesn't look good at the moment. Talking Elephant have re-released most of the albums from the Woodworm catalogue so I am guessing they will be getting round to this one too before too long. You could try e-mailing them.

HOWEVER... even though the CD is not currently available, HMV.co.uk currently have it as a download which would save your Mp3 problems. The whole album is £7.90 or 79p per track.
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »

cheers

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:33:35 PM »

I've e-mailed Talking Elephant to see if it was possibe if they could re-release it. I also asked if there was an chance that AT2, The Boot, The Other Boot and The Thrid Leg (several Cropredy performaces, check out the Fairport Fanzine http://www.fcfansite.fsnet.co.uk/  for more info) would ever come out on CD.

giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 11:31:49 AM »

If you are going for a download look at eMusic.com. They have "ED" on there and the tracks are only 0.20p or so depending on how many you subscribe for. They also have a lot of othere folk music on there. It is cheaper than hmv and itunes and IS legal.
Goaty
Ewen the Navigator
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Son of a Nun

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »

It is cheaper than hmv and itunes and IS legal.

And it's DRM free, I think it's a great service, I've discovered some fantastic stuff through emusic that I'd have been unlikely to hear otherwise.

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution, I could be an inmate in a long-term institution ...
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »

I've e-mailed Talking Elephant to see if it was possibe if they could re-release it. I also asked if there was an chance that AT2, The Boot, The Other Boot and The Thrid Leg (several Cropredy performaces, check out the Fairport Fanzine http://www.fcfansite.fsnet.co.uk/  for more info) would ever come out on CD.

The last three HAVE been out on CD (don't think AT2 ever has?Huh) but only ltd releases of (I think) 1000.  Go for silly money on ebay (30-40 quid a set)..... It would be a no-brainer for whoever owns the rights to put them out again in a run of a few thousand.  AT2 is just wonderful.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 09:03:13 AM »

AT2 was out in a limited set with The Boot on Woodworm. Similarly The Other Boot & The Third Leg were packaged together. All outstanding as you suggest. The accapella version of Woodstock on whichever set it was (I don't have them to hand) is one of the finest & most beautiful things to have ever been released under Fairport's name, though I believe it was actually Ian Matthews, Richard Thompson, Clive Gregson & Christine Collister.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »

2 of those (sorry, I don't know which ones) have been released in an edited form on the 'Quiet Joys of Brotherhood' album which came out a couple of years ago.

That contains the accapella Woodstock, and yes it is great!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Mortimer

Loc: London/St Albans

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 11:38:42 AM »

I am not sure if this is permitted here but I will ask anyway.  I while back, 7 years to be precise, I had a car crash.  The car was written off and I emptied the car but forgot to empty the CD changer in the boot.  In said CD changer was disk 2 of the AT2/Boot set.  I have therefore, for the last 7 years had a three disk AT2/Boot set.

If anyone could copy to CD that missing disk it would be really appreciated.  I will of course cover CD and postage costs.  This does not feel like cheating anyone, I did buy it in the first place and cannot now replace it any other way.

If this is not permitted for any reason I will understand.  

"Musically we know it"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: