TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:06:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iain Matthews and Sandy Denny  (Read 4255 times)
Jack O Diamonds
Hard Card

Gone, Gone, Gone

« on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »

God they were good together for the few (very few) short months they were together in FC... I was just listening - for the first time in ages - to Iain's 1970 album "If You Saw Through My Eyes" to the title track - Iain and Sandy singing so well together... I commend the track to all here...

So we beat on. boats against the current...
Jan_
A jig, a melodeon and a smile
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »

Thanks for the prompt Jack.  I'm now playing my Universal Archive Collection CD which includes Tigers Will Survive as well as If You Saw Through My Eyes: Reno Nevada playing at the moment.  It's all so beautiful ... I love Ian/Iain Matthews!  Iain and Sandy - definitely a pairing made in heaven Cheesy
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »

God they were good together for the few (very few) short months they were together in FC... I was just listening - for the first time in ages - to Iain's 1970 album "If You Saw Through My Eyes" to the title track - Iain and Sandy singing so well together... I commend the track to all here...

That album has always been a favourite of mine.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
DaviD J (was geriatrix)

Loc: Bucks

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 12:14:54 PM »

Iain certainly has a superb voice,and, I've said it before, I would just love to hear Iain and Julianne Regan singing together... That's one for the pigs might fly, hell freezing over, department, as Julianne is currently "resting" from live performances.

I wonder who will be doing the "Sandy" parts at the Barbican... And I do hope Iain is allowed to do more than just backing vocals.
Pat Helms
Long live Freewheelin' Franklin!!

Loc: E. TENNESSEE

Often wrong.....never in doubt

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 05:34:54 PM »

Wonderful track (and album), indeed.  Much of it seems like your listening to HOLIDAYS, part 2.

Jan_
A jig, a melodeon and a smile
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 07:10:59 PM »

I wonder who will be doing the "Sandy" parts at the Barbican... And I do hope Iain is allowed to do more than just backing vocals.

From the Barbican's own site ... not that that's much to go by Wink

"The line-up for the Barbican Concert will be combinations of Simon Nicol, Ashley Hutchings, Dave Mattacks, Dave Pegg, Iain Matthews, Dave Swarbrick and Richard Thompson – and an array of guest singers."

I'm hoping Kellie While will be one of them.

Wileytown, I agree with you about the Holidays similarity - it's just what Katy's Dad and I were saying this morning when IYSTME was on the CD player.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: