TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:38:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sloth  (Read 41546 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2010, 11:57:32 AM »

Incidentally, the copy on Ebay appears to be a standard Japanese issue and not the 'special' one with the bonus tracks.

There's more than one on eBay - always select the 'worldwide' filter and search everything, not just music.

I see a copy on Amazon.co.uk too which would come in at under £20.  I may hang around to try and snag one a wee bit cheaper.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Simon P

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »

You'll be doing very well to snag one of these for less than twenty quid. Unfortunately they don't tend to drop much in price due to being limited edition imports.

Incidentally, I've just noticed that the one on eBay is listed very badly; it doesn't even have the full album title. Search for "Fairport shm-cd" and look at the worldwide listings - it's £27.20 including postage from Japan.

It's always worth sourcing these from UK sellers if you can though, as it avoids any potential customs charges.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »

Incidentally, I've just noticed that the one on eBay is listed very badly; it doesn't even have the full album title. Search for "Fairport shm-cd" and look at the worldwide listings - it's £27.20 including postage from Japan.

And I'm still seeing more than one copy on eBay!

Jules

Simon P

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »

And I'm still seeing more than one copy on eBay!

Jules

I'm still only seeing one!

Are they all the SHM version with the orange obi strip down the left hand side? There was an earlier version with a blue obi strip, but it doesn't contain the bonus tracks.

If you're correct, I'd be interested to know who the sellers are, as I buy quite a lot of imports.
Simon P

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2010, 12:39:34 PM »

Edit - I've just spotted a second one...
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »

Edit - I've just spotted a second one...

Good.  I thought I was losing the plot!  Don't buy 'em all, Simon - leave one for me!

Jules

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2010, 09:06:46 AM »

I thought I had bagged a reasonably priced copy of this from Amazon Japan last night. Then they wanted as much for p&p as the album cost, bringing the total charge above £40! I retired hurt.  Sad
Tony F

Loc: Portland, OR USA

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »

Sigh, one more item to track down....!  I won't compete with ye first-comers, but it's definitely on my list now (though these things have a tendency to gnaw at me until I give in ~ this happened with the "Fiddlestix" collection after I learned of the existence of "Days of '49").

I broke down and sprung for the Japanese Shm version of "Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy" last year to get the long version of "Magic Bus."  Think I paid about $35 U.S. dollars on amazon, which I knew was silly, but was actually the cheapest I'd seen it and it really is a nice edition (LP-style gatefold packaging) and the dormant vinyl memories came flooding back as soon as I heard it.  

To steer myself back on topic ~ is it common pronunciational knowledge to the TWA'ers that "Sloth" rhymes with "growth" ?  I'd always assumed it rhymed with "broth," but on that youtube L'Olympia performance Swarb introduces it quite clearly as "Slowth."
Tony F

Loc: Portland, OR USA

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2010, 07:54:19 PM »

Make that TAW'ers, sorry   Tongue    (I doubt many flight attendants are tuned in to this discussion...!)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2010, 08:01:36 PM »

Make that TAW'ers, sorry   Tongue    (I doubt many flight attendants are tuned in to this discussion...!)

Certainly none from TWA as they went out of business several years ago.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »

Sigh, one more item to track down....!  I won't compete with ye first-comers, but it's definitely on my list now (though these things have a tendency to gnaw at me until I give in ~ this happened with the "Fiddlestix" collection after I learned of the existence of "Days of '49").

I know just how you feel.  It's gnawing away at me too!   Undecided

Jules

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: