TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:36:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Symphony Hall - 17th February 2007  (Read 46256 times)
Anji
But is it art?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh

How light becomes the soul

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

Jennifer was freaking out on some sort of biscuity cakey thing and Pugwash showed me his cannon.  It was a pleasure to meet you all and to have such good company on an unforgettable night.
Karen

Puggs NEVER shows ME his cannon!!! Wink

I think it's a type of camera. I think.  Smiley

...better than I was and not as good as I will be...
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2007, 12:40:17 PM »

Oh thank you Anji. I will have to ask him...  Grin Wink

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Cocker Freeman
Young Salt
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Maldon, Essex

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »

Has he never shown you his lens then?

Pugwash
Left hand down a bit
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: The East Midland Sea, currently.

The star formerly known as Gareth

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2007, 12:53:40 PM »

Has he never shown you his lens then?

Something should always be held in reserve, young Cockle  Sleepy

David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2007, 01:17:11 PM »

I'm still in shock at the picture showing Puggs with what looks suspiciously like a cup of coffee in front of him - at a Fairport gig as well. Please tell me it was hiding a large tot of rum or my image of Puggs as a rumbustuous salty seadog will be shattered  Wink

Jackdaw
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2007, 01:29:07 PM »

You can relax Jackdaw, the mug was filled with grog. As Pugwash and his crew were seated in the sumptuously posh surroundings of the Symphony hall, first mate Jenny insisted that the jolly tar drank from the mug instead of quaffing directly from the bottle.  
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2007, 02:28:32 PM »

You can relax Jackdaw, the mug was filled with grog. As Pugwash and his crew were seated in the sumptuously posh surroundings of the Symphony hall, first mate Jenny insisted that the jolly tar drank from the mug instead of quaffing directly from the bottle.  

I know what was in the mug, but I cannot reveal what it was as I would get keel hauled by the skipper.................  Shocked

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
Angela
all that hair bobbing about
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lost in Kent

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »

I know what was in the mug, but I cannot reveal what it was as I would get keel hauled by the skipper.................  Shocked

When I first saw that photo I just knew there was something missing...then it came to me...I have never seen Dave without a pint in front of him, what on earth was wrong Dave?  glad the tea cup in front of Puggs has been explained though, was getting very worried Wink Grin
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2007, 10:52:58 AM »

When I first saw that photo I just knew there was something missing...then it came to me...I have never seen Dave without a pint in front of him, what on earth was wrong Dave?  glad the tea cup in front of Puggs has been explained though, was getting very worried Wink Grin

I was just preparing myself Angela, the beer came shortly after in the pub around the corner!!

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »

Yes, it was a fantastic night and we enjoyed every moment.

To find the place was a bit of an adventure, because GPS brought us to an industrial estate in West Bromley  Shocked
The girlies (TTL) were better then I expected them to be, but I did like Show of Hands not too much (boring, I thought Undecided) and I said to Clive that I will be at the bar during their show at Cropredy.

The Fairport gig was just perfect, I thought. Robert Plant was sitting with us and he said the same.
Clive did not drum along as he usually does, what means that he was really fascinated by the show.
When Gerry did his special thing on the encore Clive was totally shocked. After the gig Gerry and Clive started to plan a special appearance for Cropredy: The Drummers choir with Gerry, DM and Clive  Grin

It was good to see so many Talkawhilers there.  Kiss
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »

To find the place was a bit of an adventure, because GPS brought us to an industrial estate in West Bromley  Shocked

I guess you mean West Bromwich?.....otherwise I would chuck the SatNav out of the car, it's obviously useless. Mind You, West Brom is miles away too....

johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2007, 09:04:54 AM »

I guess you mean West Bromwich?.....otherwise I would chuck the SatNav out of the car, it's obviously useless. Mind You, West Brom is miles away too....

Ok, your right, Mr. Bates. But it took us 40 minutes from there to the city centre  Undecided
Pugwash
Left hand down a bit
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: The East Midland Sea, currently.

The star formerly known as Gareth

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »

Arrrhhh thankee that Mr Driver. This image took years of careful craftin an the thought of losin it through one pic, well I might 'ave bin forced to relaunch meself like clive  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: